No announcement yet.

Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing with season 2 is that I enjoy even the episodes, which are only fillers. The idea behind it was pure cliche (and for season 2 it was a bad episode) but I enjoyed to see Teal´c in an non-Jaffa episode. The insect FX looked good and I even liked the girl.
    It´s very sad but IMO even the worst season 2 episodes standing way above the majority of season 7!

Comment

I would never, ever deign to summarize an episode in a word, but the temptation to do so here was nearly overwhelming. And that word was: EWWWW!!!!!!

I don't like bugs. I really don't like bugs. Actually, edit that. I don't mind bugs as long as they're about ten feet away, especially if nine of those feet are glass. A friend of mine has a Madagascar hissing cockroach ("Fluffy")(Fluffy!) as a pet. I won't go near it.

So, basically, this ep gave me a killer case of the screaming meemies. I shall never look as mosquitos the same way again. I am sorely tempted to start sleeping with a can of Raid on the bedside table. I may begin to carry a flyswater in public.

I really don't like bugs.

But anyway, the water fight scene was hilarious. I've read some tag fics for it at stargatefan, and they're really funny. A little on the pedantic side perhaps, but anything watergun-oriented tends to be.

EWWWW!!!!!!

Comment

Okay, I really like this episode. The whole watergun-Teal'c thing rocked and the kid was cool in the fact that she was trying so hard to be cool. Like when she said, "Let's say you owe me one. Like in the Godfather." Awh... She's all trying to be tough 'n stuff.

Another reason I like this episode is because it has two of my favorite Maybourne moments of all time.
        The first is when Jack says, "General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." Then Maybourne looks to Hammond, who has a bit of a smile on his face like he's seriously thinking about it. Then Maybourne looks back to Jack and kinda backs up bit. I crack up so bad every time I see that.
        The second time is when Ally's talking to Maybourne and she says, "I ain't seen nobody, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." Maybourne asks, "Why is that?" and she says, "Because I don't like the way you smell." Oh my god! The look on his face is priceless!!

Lol, and I love it when Teal'c shoots Daniel. And then Daniel flaps his shirt to try to dry it. So great.
        !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

I don't know if someone else noticed this, but my mom pointed out something. the girl that played Ally played Cassandra when she was older.
          *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Watched this one again last night, and yeah, the whole bug thing just isn't my idea of cool. Prolly cuz I'm not a fan of bugs, but kudos to show for making them creepy. Ally was cute but despite this being kind of a "meh" episode, it does have 2 of my favorite moments: "permission to beat the crap out of this man" and the water gun thing at the end. I crack up every time.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's Sister
              I don't know if someone else noticed this, but my mom pointed out something. the girl that played Ally played Cassandra when she was older.
              She's good. I'm not surprised; Stargate tends to recycle actors. And for both Ally and Cass, they needed someone who was good at playing 'too cool for you' but still very vulnerable underneath the facade. Pity we haven't seen her again!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                She's good. I'm not surprised; Stargate tends to recycle actors. And for both Ally and Cass, they needed someone who was good at playing 'too cool for you' but still very vulnerable underneath the facade. Pity we haven't seen her again!
                True. Very true. she's a very good actress.And I hope that we see her again.
                Last edited by Daniel's Sister; 20 April 2005, 02:06 PM.
                *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                  This and O'Neill's evolving relationship with Maybourne save the episode from a stupid concept. The Ally character was a wonderful foil for the big guy, and unlike later episodes featuring his wacky culture shock hijinks outside the base, Teal'c's interactions with the outside world seemed natural and the comedy genuine. No novelty-sized cowboy hats, tie-dye shirts or mugging for the camera. Just Teal'c, unvarnished.
                  A so-so ep, bt I agree with your assessement of T's interactions with Ally.
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                    Watched this one again last night, and yeah, the whole bug thing just isn't my idea of cool. Prolly cuz I'm not a fan of bugs, but kudos to show for making them creepy. Ally was cute but despite this being kind of a "meh" episode, it does have 2 of my favorite moments: "permission to beat the crap out of this man" and the water gun thing at the end. I crack up every time.
                    2 of my favorite spots in the episode too. I also loved it when Sam sprayed the bug like crazy and Jack is like "you got it!" I'm that way with insects. I just about asphyxiate myself making sure I've got the bug

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      I hold strong to my belief that this was the WORST episode of the entire series. I'm very surprised not to see others who agree with me, then again I'm one of the few that actually like Stargate for it's later seasons. Season 7 was my favorite one, and I know that people seem to have lost their faith in the writers for the later seasons and I have not, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

There were some good points in the episode, but it didn't last long. When I first watched it on TV I had to make sure I was watching SG-1 and not some low-budget scifi movie. How many times has a person been bit by a giant bug and turned into one? It wasn't an original idea and it has never worked before! How many people actually liked the movie the fly?

Does anybody agree with me or am I once again alone on this aspect of Stargate? This is the episode that "failed me" as a fan, which I believe I wrote in one of the threads asking this question!

Ace

I agree with you 100%. The acting was horrible by the little girl and not only was the plot line not original but there was so many cheesie and cliche lines. I almost skipped this one and jumped to the next one on the DVD.

Also there was some gaping holes like how the little girl knew Jack and how ashe knew so much about Teal'c. Teal'c didn't even tell her his name yet she knew it. Unless there was an off screen moment that went something like this.

Teal'c "Wow that candy bar is making me feel better. Thanks little girl my name is Teal'c. What is yours?"
                      Little Girl "My name is (Dont remember name)."
                      Teal'c "Nice to meet you. Oh wait i'm feeling sick again. Ughhhhh."

I didn't dare bother to watch the last minute or two. Turned it off in disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        A so-so ep, bt I agree with your assessement of T's interactions with Ally.
                        Yes, it's not often that we get to see Teal'c as...Teal'c. Normally it's the 'I am warrior! Hear me roar!' or 'Rebel Jaffa Angsty Plus!'. This episode may have been weak in a lot of ways, but I like to think that the Teal'c insights redeem it, if only slightly.

Comment

Hmm, I've never reveiwed this before but this is my absolute favorite ep starring Teal'c. He really conveys his charismatic coolness and kid friendly-ness - plus i noted that the kid who plays Ally is the one who plays Cassandra as a bigger girl. Teal'c is too cool, let me just put it that way, and i'm sorry, water gun fights are just smashing!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

good episode with some good lines in it...it was wierd to see teal'c like that though...
                            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Boring episode. It had some funny parts. I love the part where that guy said "I'm afraind the bug will be involved in an accident after Teal'c gets better."
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I'll watch any episode that "stars" Chris, but I have to admit, there were parts that could have been written just a tad tighter. The water gun fight was great though! Guess bigger IS better........
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X