No announcement yet.

Family (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else noticed that (cant think of his name... Teal'c old friend) has a silver mark on his head? What would that mean?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

An alright episode, which gives Teal'c character some more depth. Not a series highlight for me by any means, but a re-watchable episode nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
        An alright episode, which gives Teal'c character some more depth. Not a series highlight for me by any means, but a re-watchable episode nonetheless.
        I agree. Not my favorite but it is a good episode for Teal'c.
        sigpic

Comment

Watching this ep the other day I developed a real appreciation for Drey'ac. She was deserted by one husband, betrayed by another, lived for her son and eventually died for the cause. We are given the impression in later seasons that Shaun'oc was Teal'c's true love, but Drey'ac was a formidible woman, a great match for Teal'c, and worthy of respect.

Comment

Good Tiel'c ep
            The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
            sigpic

Comment

Great Teal'c ep, but I felt so sorry for him. First his wife has their marriage annulled in his absence, then his son gets brainwashed by Apophis.

Still, the solution didn't quite work for me. If a blast from a zapper gun is all it takes to neutralize Goa'uld brainwashing, surely someone would've caught on before now.
              sigpic

Comment

This episode was very enjoyable: seeing more of Chulac and of Jaffar culture, seeing Bratac again. The double crossing back and forth also kept me off guard throughout the story.

The emotional scenes with Tealc's family towards the end were less fun, but the story demanded such.

Comment

Drey'auc is a wonderful mother. She put Rya'c's needs before hers. I am just sorry Fro'tac turned out to be a traitor. That's what got him killed. Drey'auc really tried to give her son a better life, but it was not to be.
                  Even though I understand why Drey'auc divorced Teal'c and married Fro'tac, I still felt sorry for Teal'c.
                  "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                  "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I like seeing a bit more of chulak. SG1 gets their frequent flyer miles from visits to Chulak and Abydos. : )

oooh...first indications of that nasty little Jaffa revenge thing. poor Teal'c. not a happy visit, finding your wife all married off to your 'best friend.' and then to have your kid behave so badly in public. tsktsk.

I like the continuity of the one Jaffa guy...the one who comes to Fro'tac's door...the guy with the gotee...I'm sure he's been around before. very cool if it is the same guy, nice to see even some minor characters return in their positions.

Hooray for always vigilant...and hyper-suspicious Jack. aww..poor Fro'tac. what a domestic mess, eh? even aliens have soap-opera lives. Wow...a big smile from Teal'c when he gets Rya'c back in the ambush.
                    I like the mention of Cassie by Jack. Always nice to remember that she exists thank you very much.
                    I like Rya'c a lot. A cute kid in these early seasons...and a very cool thing that he grows up across the series and gets married in S8. Love it. Wish they'd have done more with Cassie.
                    Must have been a bit difficult for both Jack and Daniel to see Teal'c get his family reunited. considering they both know what it means to be without their wives...and Jack having lost Charlie.
                    Rya'c's such a skinny little thing! it was funny watching him fight and try to beat up on his daddy. yeah, like that was gonna work. ; )

anyone else think Daniel looked rather tired during the part where they were discussing ECT on Rya'c? Just before they zatted him? He looked rather worn out IMO.

ok...what took so long for them to figure out that it would be a good plan to take Drey'auc and Rya'c to a safer world? Think of how much trouble it would've saved if they'd have shipped them to the Land of Light after Bloodlines! : )
                    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

6/10

Bad kid actor ruined the episode, he's about as bad an actor as that little brat from Heroes whose dad could walk through walls.
                      Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

How did Samantha Carter know that the bacteria in Rya'c's teeth were lethal only when combined?
                        If Rya'c was fooling Teal'c all along then was he ready to die for Apophis?
                        Why did Rya'c still have teeth even after the bacteria was discovered?
                        Did Teal'c have to remarryhis wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                          How did Samantha Carter know that the bacteria in Rya'c's teeth were lethal only when combined?
                          1. She's a scientist. She knows these things.
                          2. Yes.
                          3. Miraculous things happen in TV.
                          4. Unlikely, since he got involved with Shau'nac in S5 and was prepared to go back to Chulak with her, even though he still cared a lot about Drey'auc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                            1. Simple; if they were lethal on their own, Rya'c would be dead long before having the chance to fulfill Apophis' plan.
                            2. Indeed.
                            3. He didn't; Drey'auc said they were gone and Janet told the others the two teeth were hollow. There was no mention of which teeth they were, so apparently they were in the back and we couldn't see them or the empty space left behind after removal.
                            4. No.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Here's what Drey'auc said about Ry'ac's teeth:

DREY'AUC: Before our son was taken, he was training with Master Bra'tac. He lost two teeth that day. They are no longer missing.
                              It could have been front teeth or back teeth. If he was training with Bra'tac, it seems to me that his front teeth were in more danger from being knocked out than his back teeth were. Those are generally the ones that get injured or knocked out in any kind of sports related (or training) incidents. And since Drey'auc could see that they were no longer missing, I have to assume they were front teeth or she wouldn't have been able to tell.

So the continuity people likely goofed up in not showing him with two missing teeth. Quite a few things slipped through the cracks like that over the years.

Comment

I just skimmed through the episode and Drey'auc only noticed the teeth were no longer missing when he smiled. In the later scenes, after they have been removed and Teal'c is questioning Rya'c about why Apophis wanted him to sacrifice himself you can see they made his right lower tooth (left for us) black which I assume is to make it look like it's gone. The other tooth would have been above it, but we don't get a good angle to check.

Knocking out the teeth could have easily been done by a fist or staff weapon to the right side of his face (cheek for example).
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X