• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
    They should have named this episode "Jack Kabob."

Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...in-bottle.html
    I really thought this was a good episode, I don't understand why you didn't like it. I mean we finally get to go to a planet that doesn't look like a Canadian national park, the SGC goes through a severe takeover that could have destroyed heir entire planet. Most importantly we see another life form that exists completely outside our normal idea of civilization.

I would give it at least a 6/10
    sigpic

Comment

"booby?" "undomesticated equines" LOL! gotta love tealc. and what loyal friend to o'neill he is. he always seems to know what o'neill is thinking. i didn't hear o'neill say that he wanted the orb shot.

ahhh, sg1's curiosity strikes again. how many lives do they have left? i lost count and it's only the second season. i really can't fault them for bringing the object back to earth. like tea'lc said, the benefits outweigh the risks, at least the risks they are aware of.

awww. someone's got a crush on carter. and he's a cutie too! and it was funny when daniel was caught whispering to sam. but poor guy. he got infected so fast.

oooh. i see silver hair.

but oh my, i can't look. poor jack. gods. uber pain. but i'm glad to see that the SGC people are showing good teamwork to save their favorite colonel.

carter! there's an orb that's eating through everything! why take the elevator?! smart people really can be stupid sometimes.

autodestruct sequence activated. again. figures.

so cool to see another alien species that is not humanoid in form. kinda like the one in cold lazarus. however, these non-humanoid life forms seem to target jack a lot.

and hey! chevron guy davis is back! what happened to him? why was he gone in a few eps?

to sum up, this was a very good ep for me. totally an ensemble episode. i enjoyed all the characters.
      Last edited by L E E; 05 July 2008, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
        and hey! chevron guy davis is back! what happened to him? why was he gone in a few eps?
        Glad to see I'm not the only one to appreciate his unsurpassed talents calling out chevrons.

But I prefer to call him Walter Harriman.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
          Carter! there's an orb that's eating through everything! why take the elevator?! smart people really can be stupid sometimes.
          The only other way to go up or down are those emergency ladders... I'm pretty sure she was in a hurry and didn't have time to be climbing up and down between 10 or 20 floors. Stupid people can be really stupid sometimes...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
            RDA and CJ did a great job in this episode. Yes, RDA didn't have to actually do that much, but quite often that's the hardest part to act.
            They certainly did, although I'm not a fan of this episode I have always found it boring.

I did like the different planet though and the space suit walk. Teal'c had some funny moments like others have suggested.

Hammond's line "we've broke things back from all over the galaxy, one of them has finally bit us in the ass" was a good one and so very true it is. I'm of the belief (and I know it gets established much later in the series) but an off world Alpha site set-up similar to the SGC where teams could bring back artefacts first and do tests, risk assessment there rather then causing a risk to earth it would be another planet with a much smaller team etc.

I noticed that Lieutenant called it the gate room, but Walter still called it the embarkation room. Walter is back.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

OK, I know it's been said... but it's just so good!

Jack: You think it might be a booby trap?
              Teal'c: Booby?

Throw in some Sam/Daniel geek-banter (and getting caught talking about the other geek in the monitoring room) & the classic 'undomesticated equines' and I enjoyed this more this time than I remembered enjoying it the first time.

*snort

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                OK, I know it's been said... but it's just so good!

Jack: You think it might be a booby trap?

Throw in some Sam/Daniel geek-banter (and getting caught talking about the other geek in the monitoring room) & the classic 'undomesticated equines' and I enjoyed this more this time than I remembered enjoying it the first time.

*snort
                yeah. i never get tired of that part either. or this episode.

Comment

I like the booby line, too. *snort

I also liked the scene where Sam was holding Jack's hand. But I'm becoming a Sam/Jack shipper, so of course I noticed that.

sig made by Pic

Comment

teal'c says "booby" who can ask for more? and he also says his first joke

Comment

This episode was above average for me. I really liked the teaser. Seeing them start out on a planet where the planet wasn't smack dab in the middle of the woods was interesting.

Comment

That looked really, really, really painfull (the orb going through jack)
                        Some say that he has only one ear.
                        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                        All we know is he's called
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice the homage to the movie The Andromida Strain?

Hammond: In the event of a containment failure wildfire kicks in automaticly.

It;s a direct quote from the movie.

Comment

5. And there's no gaping wound where the pole thingy went through Jack?

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
                            I think the doctor said something about that point. Can't recall what she said though.

Janet does mention it...she says something about it looking like the wound's been cauterized as the spike went through or something like that.

I just watched this ep again today and have to say that i really like this one....and the Teal'cisms are FANTASTIC!!!
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I just happened to watch this episode today as well. I did like the scene with Teal'c and Jack- the "undomesticated equines" joke is funny- but I had forgotten the context, which isn't funny at all. It was a touching moment.

Comment

This was fantastic. Jack is okay in the end, and Teal'c tells a joke!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X