No announcement yet.

Thor's Chariot (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or at the end of this episode did the Asgard seem like the greatest race ever? Just came in, basically beat down everyone and left. They just seemed so strong I was like wow.
    BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
    Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefreyu
      Is it just me or at the end of this episode did the Asgard seem like the greatest race ever? Just came in, basically beat down everyone and left. They just seemed so strong I was like wow.
      It was awesome. Back when you didnt know anything and were watching S2 of Stargate for the first time it brought chills. Just seeeing the REAL Thor (aaahhhh the grey aliens that are often depicted visting earth great touch!!). Then at the end "ladys and gentelman thors chariot". Wow is right. That was just amazing, the thunderstorm rolling in and the asgard ship decending and then weapons\transporters (whatever) wiping out parmids and single jaffa both..... it was great, great, great, amazing, tremendous... I dont have enough adjatives to explain my love of this ep. Wow is right.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I watched it again on Sci-Fi yesterday and loved it! I do one complaint though: Thor's voice seemed to be too high pitched comapred to the Thor voice we've heard since. Did Michael Shanks do the voice of Thor for this episode as well?

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
          I watched it again on Sci-Fi yesterday and loved it! I do one complaint though: Thor's voice seemed to be too high pitched comapred to the Thor voice we've heard since. Did Michael Shanks do the voice of Thor for this episode as well?
          I don't think that was MS voicing Thor in that episode. I noticed the same thing as you and I think I watched the credits at the end and it wasn't him. Of course, that's been a while ago and my memory may be faulty.

Comment

Thors's voice has always been done by Michael Shanks, however the human hologram was played by Mark Gibbon (who also played M'zel). He returned to play Thor again (previously seen in Thor's Hammer).

I've also heard that Shanks also did the voices of Aegir and Penegal as well (Asgards from New Order 1 and New Order 2 respectively).

sigpic

Comment

Thor's Chariot is and always will be my favourite episode. When I saw Thor's ship going down from the sky I was hucked and have never looked back. The Asgard, whether they are less superior to the Ancients are the BEST RACE EVER!

One question though...........where the hell did the Asgard beam the pyrimids?
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

It is possible that the pyramids were simply stored as memory inside the Asgard transporter memory buffer, sort of like how Wraith hold their captives until they rematerialize them.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin View Post
                  It is possible that the pyramids were simply stored as memory inside the Asgard transporter memory buffer, sort of like how Wraith hold their captives until they rematerialize them.
                  would be cool if they beamed them to the sun or something

OOOOO evil
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

About factual errors...
                    I noticed, in the beginning of this thread, that some pointed out errors in the rune translations or some such..

But has no one reacted to the fact that there answer to the riddle is off by 200%
                    ???

Pi i the ratio circumference/diameter, not circumference/radius....

Comment

]The radius of a circle is a straight-line drawn from the center of the circle to any point on its circumference .

The symbol p is called pi and is approximately equal to 22/7 or 3.141592654 , most high school teachers use it to two decimal places as 3.14
                      p is the ratio between the circumference and the diameter of a circle ..i.e
                      p = (circumference / diameter ).
                      Area of circle = p x ( radius x radius ) = p radius2
                      if the Radius = R
                      then
                      Area of circle = pR2 = p x R x R

Comment

I do not know why you felt that copy/paste bit was needed, Integrabyte, since it is just the point I was making, but more difficult to follow.
                        The point is: Carter claims, and they answer the riddle, with pi = C/r, which is wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Obbas View Post
                          I do not know why you felt that copy/paste bit was needed, Integrabyte, since it is just the point I was making, but more difficult to follow.
                          The point is: Carter claims, and they answer the riddle, with pi = C/r, which is wrong...
                          To eliminate any doubt . I thought I was the only one to notice this . Seeing you did, I emphasized it .

Comment

Ah, then I understand.
                            I do hope everyone over the age of 15 knows this...

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, though I'll have to trust everyone else on the mathematics stuff. I've always prefered eating pies to calculating them (yes, I know, sorry... )

Thor was great, totally different to what I expected and it was good to see Gaiwyn come into her own. It was a shame not to see more of Kendra though. It's intriguing to see how Sam's character is evolving after her experience in In the Line of Duty.
                              sigpic
                              Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty View Post
                                My favourite line:
                                Daniel: I don't suppose this is the best time to bring up my problem with heights?
                                That it was... And i actually liked the tests.. especially when the 'hologram' said there is no shame in not knowing the answer.. perhaps in time.

I think those were claymore mines. And I think military stuff really does say that, according to someone I knew who was in the military. maybe some of the people better in the know about military stuff can answer that. But I wouldn't be surprised if they focused in on that b/c it *is* funny.
                                The ones i have seen, yes they did say that..

BTW.. remind me.. who/what was Togar?

Originally posted by Hyperspace View Post
                                I think Thor's Hammer should be used more often for 'de-Goaulding'!
                                Agreed. ANd it is a big pity they could have not used it to help Shau'ri..

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                That was just amazing, the thunderstorm rolling in and the asgard ship decending and then weapons\transporters (whatever) wiping out parmids and single jaffa both.....

Agreed. But i hated that whail they used for the transporter.. And i wonder what effect Thor used to make those stormclouds...

Comment

Working...
                                X