No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to accept how easily Daniel dismissed his friends after only one "visit" to the sarcophagus. He went to see them and pretty much ignored their predicament, while he got to be surrounded by luxury and good food and a Princess waiting on him hand and foot. He should have been more concerned about the conditions his friends were in than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I find it hard to accept how easily Daniel dismissed his friends after only one "visit" to the sarcophagus. He went to see them and pretty much ignored their predicament, while he got to be surrounded by luxury and good food and a Princess waiting on him hand and foot. He should have been more concerned about the conditions his friends were in than anything else.
      I guess that emphasized what a rapid negative effect the sarcophagus has on the human psyche.

Comment

Some episodes falter on bad writing. Others on bad acting. This episode is the latter. Shiyla and her crush on Daniel is unconvincing I don't buy her that well. The theme of the evil of the sarcophagus and Daniel being drugged is a good idea along with human masquerading as Goa'ulds/Jaffa. I just think the poor acting is what kills this episode. Excluding Daniel's withdrawl at the SGC. That was awesome
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not the most entertaining ep but at least we get some interesting info on the sarcophagus.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
            It's all about the sarc. And Daniel...he's so sincere in his remorse for getting the team into the situation and later at his clueless best while verbalizing his understanding of the elaborate game of smoke and mirrors being played by Shyla and her father...while in the presence of both!

Daniel's deep rooted resentment of being the *weakest link* on the team and receiving less respect is in evidence once the addiction is at its peak, but it's the friendship that has developed between Jack and Daniel that is the most precious. Michael Shanks' gives a tour-de-force performance in the storage room and it is only fitting that Jack be there beside him at the most pain filled moment.
            Great post, I agree totally. Daniel keeps a lot of hurt locked up inside and I think that this experience really brought to light his feelings of inadequacy and some of the scars left over from being the laughing stock of academia. That doesn't show up a lot, but come on...it must have really stung to have your life turned upside down like that! And then to be struggling so hard to fit in with the military mindset (not his strong suit) on a daily basis and have even Jack, really his closest friend, harass him frequently would be hard. The addiction just freed up his inhibitions at saying so! I like the emotional and heart-wrenching scenes after they come back to the SGC, although I think some of the rest of it could have been done better and made the part back on the planet stronger.

Anyway, I love how there was such an emphasis on their friendship. To me, that is what makes the show.
            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              It had actually been several days since his first visit to the mines to see the rest of the team, and when asked by Sam how many times he'd used the sarcophagus Daniel said it had been about 9 or 10 times. That would be more than enough uses for him to be addicted and adversely affected by the device, manifesting in his disregard for his friends and his irrational outburst at Jack.

Comment

I think a big part of the problem was that Daniel used the sarcophagus when he was unharmed, it's like taking a lot of strong medicine (e.g. morphine) when you are not sick.
                Also he was not completely uncaring toward his friends, he was simply more susceptible to Shiyla's assurances that they where fine and she would eventually free them.

Anyway really love Shank's acting here, you cloud actually feel Daniel's pain of withdrawal.

Comment

First time I saw the woman on the cliff top I knew it was going to be one of the Daniel's groupie episodes. Had some nice acting from Shanks though.
                  My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

So it was back to watching SG1 on Sunday afternoons...just to fill in gaps.

1. Set up looked interesting enough.

2. Of course Sam was still getting used to Jolinar's influence at this point which was slightly jarring for someone who had already watched S3.

3. Forgot that Daniel's glasses got smashed.

4. Forgot exactly how messed in the head Daniel got.

A tep up from Gamekeeper and worked pretty solidly both times round(even though I don't think I'd seen it for over a decade!)
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I honestly have to fast forward through all the addiction stuff. As a whole, this is my least favorite episode of all of them. I'm not a fan of 'chewing the scenery' stuff, so I find it cringeworthy (sacrilege i know)

sometimes it feels like the episode as a whole waas kinda half baked.....it was all set up for daniel to detox and if you don't enjoy that aspect of it, then everything else feels like a letdown
                      shyla is undoubtedly whacked and I resisted the urge to reach into the screen and turn her tiara around the right way.

as a whole, this remains one of the 'always skip it' episodes
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by another scientist View Post
                        I think a big part of the problem was that Daniel used the sarcophagus when he was unharmed, it's like taking a lot of strong medicine (e.g. morphine) when you are not sick.
                        Also he was not completely uncaring toward his friends, he was simply more susceptible to Shiyla's assurances that they where fine and she would eventually free them.

Anyway really love Shank's acting here, you cloud actually feel Daniel's pain of withdrawal.
                        that's how i interpret the sarc. Use it when you're hurt and you use it with no ill effects. Use it on a daily basis when you're healthy, you get hooked.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The pace of the 1st halp of the episode is too slow. I wish thet could have spent less time establishing the mind altering feature of the sarcophagus, and more on its consequences, not only mentally but socially as well.

MS shows his acting talents in this episode (an arrogent Daniel-who'd believe it!). a taste of more to come!

Is this the 1st episode where Daniel really loses it? I don't count "There but for the Grace of God" as Daniel losing it, fustrated-yes, but being out-of-control"-no.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
                            The pace of the 1st halp of the episode is too slow. I wish thet could have spent less time establishing the mind altering feature of the sarcophagus, and more on its consequences, not only mentally but socially as well.

MS shows his acting talents in this episode (an arrogent Daniel-who'd believe it!). a taste of more to come!

Is this the 1st episode where Daniel really loses it? I don't count "There but for the Grace of God" as Daniel losing it, fustrated-yes, but being out-of-control"-no.
                            I totally agree on all points. And yeah, I think this is the 1st time he officially loses it.
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

MS does Daniel losing it well. I like this episode for Daniel getting addicted to the sarcophagus, turning into an arrogant jerk, and going crazy because of the withdrawl. I really didn't like the princess and her obsession with Daniel, and didn't really care about her people, what was going on with them, or what would happen to them.
                              sigpic

Comment

This has always been a middle episode for me, not sucky but not amazing either. One of the best things of this episode was MS acting skills. He definitely sold each stage of the sarcophagus use. From the "high" of daily use to the destructive detox. One of his finest episodes to date! We also got to see the effects of long term sarcophagus use and the posing of a Gou'd to protect themselves. We also got to see Sam dealing with the effects of Jolinar. Im glad that they decided to keep that thread going through several episodes since it made such a huge impact in Sam's life as well as the rest of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X