No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with most of what was said in this thread, Michael Shanks played his character extremely well. During it I managed even to start hating Daniel for a short period of time Really great performance.
    Also like how other kept with him all the time, if I was in their situation I would have slapped Daniel silly and confined him until he is better
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone know if shanks won any acting awards for this ep?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Anyone know if shanks won any acting awards for this ep?
        No, he didn't. He did, however, win a Leo for his performance in S7, "Lifeboat", and for his role in "Continuum". He was nominated for several other awards, but didn't win any of those.

Comment

whenever I watch this ep I say "Bad Daniel you have a wife remember" he did kiss her after only one use of the devise MS was awesome in this ep
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

jack mentions to daniel that he knows what it is like to be addicted to something, does that mean our fearless colonel did drugs at some point or was he talking about him smoking like we saw in stargate the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              jack mentions to daniel that he knows what it is like to be addicted to something, does that mean our fearless colonel did drugs at some point or was he talking about him smoking like we saw in stargate the movie?
              who knows maybe he undercover for some drug lord
              sigpic

Comment

Not a great episode until we go back to the SGC, and Michael Shanks does a great job as the addicted Daniel. I'd love to learn more about the addiction Jack hints at. Shyla is an unpleasant character once we understand what she's doing to keep Daniel around, but she's just as much a victim as he is in the end.

Still, I struggle to enjoy the episode. I think SG-1 had the right to be a lot more angry than they were with their treatment. This is an easily forgettable episode which has no real repurcussions down the line, not even for Daniel who was seriously screwed over.

It gives us our first experience of Sam having a memory from Jolinar. My favourite line: "Lately I get this weird feeling when I'm around Teal'c." "Who doesn't?"

RATING: 5.5 out of 10
                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                  Shyla is an unpleasant character once we understand what she's doing to keep Daniel around, but she's just as much a victim as he is in the end.

Still, I struggle to enjoy the episode. I think SG-1 had the right to be a lot more angry than they were with their treatment. This is an easily forgettable episode which has no real repurcussions down the line, not even for Daniel who was seriously screwed over.
                  Agreed. The fact that SG1 are being held prisoner, and for most of the episode do nothing, just makes the episode drag on and lack a sense of urgency or jeapardy. Shyla was just annoying and i didn't like that the whole episode played on the running gag that Daniel manages to attract women wherever he goes. It's humorous in passing but not worthy of a full dedicated episode.

Nice performance from Shanks but i watched it 10 minutes ago and am forgetting it already.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

It's all about the sarc. And Daniel...he's so sincere in his remorse for getting the team into the situation and later at his clueless best while verbalizing his understanding of the elaborate game of smoke and mirrors being played by Shyla and her father...while in the presence of both!

Daniel's deep rooted resentment of being the *weakest link* on the team and receiving less respect is in evidence once the addiction is at its peak, but it's the friendship that has developed between Jack and Daniel that is the most precious. Michael Shanks' gives a tour-de-force performance in the storage room and it is only fitting that Jack be there beside him at the most pain filled moment.

Comment

I had forgotten about the "you never show me any respect" line. Even though Daniel's not in his right mind, it's a very true statement and quite a powerful moment.
                      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                        It's all about the sarc. And Daniel...he's so sincere in his remorse for getting the team into the situation and later at his clueless best while verbalizing his understanding of the elaborate game of smoke and mirrors being played by Shyla and her father...while in the presence of both!

Daniel's deep rooted resentment of being the *weakest link* on the team and receiving less respect is in evidence once the addiction is at its peak, but it's the friendship that has developed between Jack and Daniel that is the most precious. Michael Shanks' gives a tour-de-force performance in the storage room and it is only fitting that Jack be there beside him at the most pain filled moment.
                        Anyone know if shanks got any awards for this ep>

Comment

My LiveJournal post

So does the sarcophagus contain Morphine? Seems to have the same effects! Or what's that one that House uses...Vicodin
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I've commented on this episode before and my opinion hasn't changed.

I don't really care for this episode. Shyla is creepy and has bad fashion sense.

The strengthening of the friendship between Jack and Daniel is nice.

As for Jack's addiction that was hinted at in this episode, I always thought that had something to do with him coming back from Iraq or the mission where he broke all those bones. It's not uncommon to become addicted to pain meds when recovering from severe injuries or illness. My brother had such an experience. Recovery was hell, and detox afterward was equally bad.

Comment

Another episode I've only watched twice before this. It dragged for me too, Daniel going wacko, and then the withdrawal was the only good part of this episode.

I think his performance in this episode was better than in 'Lifeboat', I felt he was overdoing it a bit at times in that ep, but then that's just my humble opinion!

Comment

Average episode. Daniel goes crazy because of the Sarcophagus, and treats the rest of SG-1 like crap for a little while.

Tomorrow, we officially meet the Asgard.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X