No announcement yet.

Need (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the Goa'uld commercials now. Picture this; Nirrti walks out into an Abydonian chamber. Her hair lifeless. The announcer says, "Does this ever happen to you? You wake up, feeling good about your god-like self, ready to start your new day of ordering loyal Jaffa slaves around, when you look in your serpent mirror and see your hair is as flat as Hathor's! Well, fear not young goddesses! For we now have a new, revolutionary method of bringing bounce back in your hair. It's the Goa'uld sarcophogus! Yes, the Goa'uld sarcophogus. Perfect for bringing dead hair back to life while also healing wounds, injuries or even fatal experiences." Nirrti talks to teh camera, "It gives my hair the bounce and shine I need to properly rule my corner of the galaxy like a false god should." Announder talks again, "So don't wait, go to your nearest System-Lord-Mart today and pick up your sarcophogus!" Camera zooms in on the sarcophogus as it shines. Then at the bottom of the screen in find print, *warning, sarcophogus may cause certain side-effects. Such as tyrranical tendancies, addiction and possibly certain other personality disorders.*

So, waddya think?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I think you need to cut down on your sugar intake.

Okay, okay, fine. Funny. Happy?
      Last edited by zats; 22 November 2004, 01:20 PM. Reason: Hitting the wrong button doesn't work well, for some reason.

Comment

Yes, actually. Lol. Thanks.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

LOL, Daniel's twin. I guess curly hair is also a side effect (good or bad) for people that use it. It also gave Daniel the ability to be a really good kisser. I'd have loved to be Shyla for that moment. *swoons*

I loved Daniel sitting on his "throne". "The man who would be king."

Comment

The robes really weren't Daniel, though.

Comment

And the hair was kind of creepy. (Mine does that in electrical storms). Curly + Daniel just seems a little strange.

Comment

when i was watching it reminded my of something theyd do on infinty, the dont do drugs message, then i realized they had which basically same idea, magic beeds that made u strong and health.

anyway, not my favorite of episodes but it helps set up the idea behind the 'magic box' and the Tok'ra some nice development on the characters aswell!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

"She wants me to marry her!"

God an episode I never know if I love or hate if ever there was one. Daniel episodes my favourite. where he's a sarcophagus seeking junkie I'm not too sure. As for the princess, can't stand her. She had pretty much no redeeming features, and she almost physicaly abused him in order to get him to stay, not really accepting that he would turn into as much of a b****** as her father if he kept using it.

Why they always have to blow up the sarcophagus I don't know, but I suppose it would become a bit too useful and they'd kill someone every week just to get it in.

The other thing that screams out at me for this episode is Daniel, when he admits to the princess that he's never really felt at home anywhere before, not even on earth. Put into a new context, Daniel realises what he said and spends the next couple of years trying to find his place until ascension comes a-knocking. Ohh what a long running arc that turned out to be.

Comment

I just saw this one yesterday...ooooooh! Poor Danny and his pick of women. They either die, get abducted or make him an addict. He's just having no luck!

But he sure is hot when he's phsyco!
                    thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Ok, Shyla is just annooooying. But she's needed to get the plot ball rolling, so I'll accept it. I thought Daniel was great in this episode. Some very funny scenes. But my fav part is the end with Jack and Daniel. There's something in Jack's voice when he says "I know what it's like" that gave me chills. Very touching scene.
                      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Daniel: Oh! You see?
                      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I loved MS's acting in this -- it was eerily good, and rather appealing in a way too.

I also liked learning more about the sarcophagus and how it works. Medically, I foudn it very interesting.

Comment

I sure wouldn't mind having my nearsightedness cured. But the price is a tad too high...

Comment

Hey....that makes me think...shouldn't Daniel's perfected eyesight be permanent, just as the repair of any other disease or wound would be?

Comment

I don't think so, because

1. It isnt

2. He makes comments about how it has special effects with prolonged use

3. He's used a sarcophagus before, and his vision wasn't repaired

4. It isnt
                              FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

3. He's used a sarcophagus before, and his vision wasn't repaired
                                That's true, so hey, at least they are consistent.

But it still doesn't quite jive with my understanding of the sarcophagus...

Comment

Working...
                                X