No announcement yet.

The Gamekeeper (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this ep! (Execept I loved every ep ) It was a confusing ep but I still loved it!

Comment

I also like this episode. It's good to know more about Jack's and Daniel's past although the ep only showed the worst moments of their lives.
      sigpic

Comment

i think that this episode was very interesting to watch. i liked the fact that we got to see a bit more about Daniel and Jacks past, so overall i thought that this was a great episode

sigpic

Comment

This one had a great lesson. Everyone says they would like to live bad parts of their life again and try to do it diffrent. This shows maybe not. Move forward.

Comment

I think that they are also frustrated because they can't change what had happened to them. It's very hard for them to relive the same painful moments again and again but I think that the worst thing is that they can't change it.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if they had managed to change things for the better..

Comment

If we are defined by both the good and bad things in are life, then that is a good question. Would it have changed who they are and how they react to things? Even if in their mind only they had changed things. hmm. Great question.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, video game plays you!

My Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...amekeeper.html
                  My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                  http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

(A Few Questions)

First of all they were in there for 1,022 years and in all of that Time none of them figured out that there were those exits that the gamekeeper had hidden all over the place? Second I would like to bring up one of the notes that was on the Gateworld episode page for "The Gamekeeper". Are they really out of the virtual reality? Personally I have no doubt that they are out of the virtual reality and living normal lives. Does anybody think otherwise?
                    sigpic

Comment

Matrix? Eh.

I've heard about this ep before I've seen it so I knew that they were trapped in a VR world. Although it was very painful to see Danny watch his parents die again and again. Daniel got the harder "game". Lucky Jack, he didn't have to watch his son die again and again.

It was great to see Kawalsky again!

Funny moments:
                      -when Jack leaped off the VR machine. Boy, can he move!
                      -the "are you cracked" scene
                      -when Jack was explaining his plan to Daniel about showing the real world to the residents. "leave me alone" he finally said to Daniel.
                      -when the Keeper was going crazya and biting his fist because the citizens were picking flowers.

Questions:
                      - Am right to assume that the residents didn't know that SG1 were real at first?
                      - The residents were aware that they are living a VR world. Did they know how much time has passed? Surely someone must have been bored enough to actually want to leave the VR world and check to see if their world is okay regardless of what the Keeper had said. Someone must have asked if there was a way out?
                      -why were daniel's parents "under" the huge stone thing? couldn't they have directed the placement "outside" where it is safer?
                      Last edited by L E E; 05 July 2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                        Questions:
                        - Am right to assume that the residents didn't know that SG1 were real at first?
                        - The residents were aware that they are living a VR world. Did they know how much time has passed? Surely someone must have been bored enough to actually want to leave the VR world and check to see if their world is okay regardless of what the Keeper had said. Someone must have asked if there was a way out?
                        -why were daniel's parents "under" the huge stone thing? couldn't they have directed the placement "outside" where it is safer?
                        -No, they were aware of the fact the SG-1 was brought into the system.
                        -Yes, I am sure someone had asked but I am sure the Gamekeeper just told them it was uninhabitable still. If they persisted he would have done what he did to SG-1, which was to make them think they had let them out.
                        -No, I would think that they would need to be under the stone to see exactly how it fit on top of the other stones.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                          -No, they were aware of the fact the SG-1 was brought into the system.
                          Do you think these residents knew that what they were watching were memories of Jack and Daniel? Surely they can see how painful it was for SG1? If so, then I don't think I like these residents at all. They are no different than the gamekeeper.

I wonder if they would have done something stop the suffering of SG1.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                          -No, I would think that they would need to be under the stone to see exactly how it fit on top of the other stones.
                          I still think it was rather careless of them. IMO, there are other ways to accomplish their goal with minimum risk.

Comment

I liked this episode, the concept was pretty unique and the technology opens up so many possibilities especially for practical earth use as we see in a later episode.

I wonder what Sam and Teal'c's memory would of been if they had been could of been read.

Good to see Kawalsky again. I also thought RDA and Michael Shanks did some fantastic acting and cool to see a bit more of their past.

They so had to do the whole are we really out thing, funny how Jack acted when he sussed out they were still in VR.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Good episode with lot's of funny moments "they are ruining the garden! nooo!"

...Also, this ep told about the history of Jack and Daniel which i found interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Sheep View Post
                                Good episode with lot's of funny moments "they are ruining the garden! nooo!"

...Also, this ep told about the history of Jack and Daniel which i found interesting.
                                this is a good ep i agree that the history of jack and Daniel is interesting. altho i found the hole people using memory's for entertainment a bit weird.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X