Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svengoolie
    Only 2 stars from you guys? Come on!

Great episode. I'm a big sucker for virtual reality nonsense, so this was right up my alley. The only thing annoying about it is how they give up so easily. Maybe they feel abused, but I would really like it. Once you realize that it is just a game, there shouldn't be any pain in seeing it over and over again. I would be driven to make things right. Maybe it's just the gamer in me, but I really don't think I would even be able to leave until I "won." But still, very cool stuff.
    Well I mean come on. I'm a gamer myself. But I seriously hate doing the same thing over and over and over and over. It get redundent and old in a hurry. I'd much rather go in, get it done right the first time, and contemplate doing it again later... much later.
    ...it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by GLink
      Well I mean come on. I'm a gamer myself. But I seriously hate doing the same thing over and over and over and over. It get redundent and old in a hurry. I'd much rather go in, get it done right the first time, and contemplate doing it again later... much later.
      yeah i feel that same way. this ep get boring after awhile. this was not one of my favourite episodes
      ~ charmed slayer ~

Comment

agreed
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This was a great look at what are planet is going to suffer if we don't clean up the atmosphere.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah i thought this episode was kinda good and kinda boring cant make up my mind but still the story line was good

Comment

This isn't one of those episodes that I will watch again many times but it was reasonably enjoyable to watch once or twice. I love the scene in the briefing room where they are still in the VR but they don't realize it yet. I love when Jack says something like "Excuse me General, but are you CRACKED??!!" Also liked getting a glimpse into Jack's Black Ops past.

~I'm Just Sayin'~

Comment

This episode freaked me out a bit at first, but once I sort of relaxed and 'went with it', I quite enjoyed it. I was a bit disappointed not so see more of Teal'c and Sam's histories, but it was great to learn more about Daniel, though it was sad that it was so tragic.

I love how instincitve and astute Jack is, he really knows people and senses things that the others seem to miss.

It seemed quite unbelievable just how insensitve, even inhumane, the Gatekeeper was that he just couldn't see that re-living and trying to change terrible memories was torture, not pleasure.

Sadly I'm too young to remember the A Team. I'll have to look out for repeats on TV.
                sigpic
                Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

this episode is really well done and is great especially for a second season ep they're are some reallly emotional parts when jack has to watch his friends die over and over and daniel the same with his parents the episode gets a little payoff in season 8 so 6 years later this ep connects with another one which is really cool

Comment

i a wondeirng what 'sadness' they had for sam..

Comment

Neither Sam nor Teal'c relived painful experiences - the most likely explanation for this is that the chairs couldn't tap into their minds in the same way as it could for Jack and Daniel because Teal'c had Junior and Sam had been joined with Jolinar - the presence (or remnants) of a symbiote got in the way. Thus they were simply slotted into Jack and Daniel's scenarios instead.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                        Neither Sam nor Teal'c relived painful experiences - the most likely explanation for this is that the chairs couldn't tap into their minds in the same way as it could for Jack and Daniel because Teal'c had Junior and Sam had been joined with Jolinar - the presence (or remnants) of a symbiote got in the way. Thus they were simply slotted into Jack and Daniel's scenarios instead.
                        It must have been very hard for Jack and Daniel afterwards, knowing that Teal'c and Sam had shared their most painful moments. Yes, they have a good relationship with each other, and are possibly friends as well as colleagues, but these were very painful secrets, and they were exposed against their will.
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought this was one of the stronger episodes of the season, with some very nice pieces the one that sticks out most has been mentioned by I'm Just Saying. I love the way RDA plays this so convinced at the start but then after slapping Hammond round you see that crumble as he has second thoughts about whats real and whats not. The best briefing room scene ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                            It must have been very hard for Jack and Daniel afterwards, knowing that Teal'c and Sam had shared their most painful moments. Yes, they have a good relationship with each other, and are possibly friends as well as colleagues, but these were very painful secrets, and they were exposed against their will.
                            Agreed. It makes me wonder if that bonded sam and teal'c to jack and daniel just a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Agreed. It makes me wonder if that bonded sam and teal'c to jack and daniel just a little more.
                              I once gave my best friend a fridge magnet with the motto 'You'll always be my friend. You know too much'. I think there's some truth in that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay... does no one else realise that when they return to the (fake) SGC and teal'c speaks to carter about her encounter with the symboite, it is quite clearly dubbed and that is not the line he says... can anyone lip readl..?

I really want to know!

Comment

Working...
                                X