In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
    I had a question about this episode. Jack is leaving the cell and Jolinar uses Sam to emotionally gut punch him on the way out but then later tells him that the hosts are the Tokra's "equals". Now I can get that Jolinar may be suppressing Sam in a time of need but she can use Sam to manipulate others. For being a symbiotic create, it seems the Tokra wear the pants in the relationship as they can take command at will.
    I agree that the portrayal of the Tok'ra in "In the Line of Duty" and "The Tok'ra" are at odds.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

This episode was so cool.Goa'uld vs Goa'uld?
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

This episode is so awesome i love the glowing eyes and carter gateroom scene
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Loved this episode! And loved how they continued with the Tok'ra later on in my favorite SG-1 two parter.

Comment

I love that ep
            It's my favourite one

Comment

This was an awesome episode for Sam/AT.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                This was an awesome episode for Sam/AT.
                yes it was!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I completely love this episode!! It was a new experience for Amanda/Sam. I mean being possessed by the Tok'ra Jolinar, now let's her use certain Goa'uld technology. And it inquires for a great alliance between the Tok'ra and the Tau'ri. I was a bit sad at the end cuz just the expression on Sams face when she was in the infirmary made me frown. She feels the loss..
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

i have a minor issue here. jolinar apparently has a female personality per the following tokra episodes but when teal'c was talking about it, he referred to it as a "he"
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                      i have a minor issue here. jolinar apparently has a female personality per the following tokra episodes but when teal'c was talking about it, he referred to it as a "he"
                      Do you mean in the episodes before they met the Tok'ra??
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

no, i mean the episodes after this one where they learn more about jolinar. why would they refer to it as a "he"
                        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Good question.. I don't know. I do know Sam know's that Jolinar is a woman. Well.. Like Martouf said, Symbiotes don't have a gender but Jolinar was always in women hosts.
                          sigpic
                          My tumblr

Comment

Except the one before Sam... which is all they knew about. And habit.
                            Last edited by suse; 04 April 2010, 08:19 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Except the one before Sam... which is all they knew about. And habit.
                              Well yea except that one. But that was cuz she was hiding from the hunter.
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

perhaps in those days it had a male host.
                                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                                X