No announcement yet.

In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Carter episode.......loved how they always keep mentioning Jlinar's memories even in the newer episodes!

Comment

Just watched this episode again last night [am rewatching the S2 dvd box set] after not having seen it for a few years and had forgotten how darned good it was Def. up there in my Top 10 Sam episodes, the infirmary scenes are wonderful.

And obviously I wasn't paying attention the other times I'd watched it because I just noticed "Mary Ellen Walton" playing Talia
      LizWhite.net

Comment

Was re-watching my dvds recently and really like this ep.

But I wonder.... why Teal'c did not sense the Goa'uld in Sam?
        ... what was the light shining in the ashrak's stomach in the hospital?
        ... Jolinar not only took an unwilling host (perhaps explainable since the alternative was death and perhaps she had important information to pass on. Although that wouldn't explain why she later decided to die without passing the information on) but she also took complete control of Sam, not allowing Sam any say.
        ...I don't remember any other Tok'ra whose eyes glowed (but I could be misremembering)

Oh, and finally... the statue in the opening scene... does it remind anyone else of Master Bra'tac?

Comment

I have seen a couple tok'ra with glowing eyes when they get mad.
          sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes.

I loved the way it showed that everybody was affected by what happened, not just Sam and the idea of a group of good Goa'uld was a great twist.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              One of my favourite episodes.

I loved the way it showed that everybody was affected by what happened, not just Sam and the idea of a group of good Goa'uld was a great twist.
              Amen. There was a lot of character involvement. The question I raised from it was whether Jolinar would have given Sam back her body if she had gone.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                Amen. There was a lot of character involvement. The question I raised from it was whether Jolinar would have given Sam back her body if she had gone.
                I think she would have, but who knows how long before she found a willing host? I think she would have eventually left Sam if she didn't find a host--after all she protected Sam from the Ashrak.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I think she would have, but who knows how long before she found a willing host? I think she would have eventually left Sam if she didn't find a host--after all she protected Sam from the Ashrak.
                  Eh, I don't know; Martouf was leering pretty good at Carter from the word "go". I'm inclined to think he would figure that he'd traded in for a better model and encourage Jolinar to forget all about Rosha.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
                    AMAZING. INCREDIBLE. WONDERFUL. BRILLIANT. FABU. OUTSTANDING.

Amanda Tapping's performance in this is just indescribably good! It's a great plot line, lots of Sam whumping and all that.

Love the Gate Room scene and the "Dont leave me" scene.

Very very very very good episode.

Sam has some excellent lines and the way she goes from 'good' to evil is wicked!

Katie Stuart is back as Cassandra bless her she's such a sweet character and I love the way they used her.
                    I agree 100% with your assessment on this.Pity Jolinar didn't live though - that would have been interesting. Amanda's brilliant!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                      The question I raised from it was whether Jolinar would have given Sam back her body if she had gone.
                      That's a puzzler.

Taking a host against their will seems to be a very big no-no for the Tok'ra and, while it's possible that Jolinar either thought that Sam was offering herself as a host - mouth to mouth does resemble the way the Tok'ra take hosts - or that her leaping from the Nasyan man to Sam was instinctive, once she was in Sam, she can't but have known that Sam most definitely did not want her there, yet she remained and, unless Sam was in control for the few seconds when one of them appealed to Jack, Jolinar forcibly kept control at all times.

I think that Jolinar had a very strong survival instinct and even a touch of ruthlessness, so I see her wanting to wait until she had a willing host waiting before she left Sam. She said as much to Daniel.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Evan T. Horizon
                        But I wonder
                        ....why Teal'c did not sense the Goa'uld in Sam?
                        ... what was the light shining in the ashrak's stomach in the hospital?
                        ... Jolinar not only took an unwilling host (perhaps explainable since the alternative was death and perhaps she had important information to pass on. Although that wouldn't explain why she later decided to die without passing the information on) but she also took complete control of Sam, not allowing Sam any say.
                        ...I don't remember any other Tok'ra whose eyes glowed (but I could be misremembering)
                        Thr reason that Teal'c did not sense the Goa'uld in Sam was that, at that time, the producers and writers had not mentioned that he could. There was nothing that said he could sense in earlier episodes. It was only after Sam could that they decided Teal'c could too. But as O'Neill and he were running down the hallway to the holding cell at the end of the episode, he did look back at the ashrack when he passed.
                        Ok, I have no idea about the light in the ashrack's stomach. He wasn't looking for a Jaffa, and wouldn't it have been easier for him to pull up the shirt if he was? And if Goa'ulds could sense other Goa'ulds, he wouldn't have needed the hand device anyway.
                        Jolinar toook full control of Sam because Sam did not know Jolinar was going to take her as host. She would have been surprised into telling someone, and probably would have said something like, "Oh, by the way, there is some snake in my head, although it says it is a friendly snake..." Don't think that would have gone over too well.
                        Finally, in Tok'ra Pt 1 & 2, the eyes glowed a couple of times. The leader's eyes did when she was upset over being called a Goa'uld (I don't remember her name). Sam's (Jolinar's)eyes glowed in the gateroom because she was upset over being cornered and wanted to leave. I think maybe the first time someone is taken over, the eyes glow just to show that the symbiote is in control and has been blended successfully.
                        Just my thoughts....
                        I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                        Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

"Good goa'uld" if there is such a thing-Jack O'Neill
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah rofl

Comment

in the scene were jolinar told teal'c about who she is and he stormed out he swiped his card upside down to opn the door
                              War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

For me, this episode is one of my absolute favorites.

A little Sam-whump here and there never hurt anyone.

It's just such an emotional episode, and Jack's so concerned at the end when Jolinar's dying and taking Sam with her.

It's some pretty emotional stuff. I think I shed a tear or two...
                                my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Working...
                                X