In the Line of Duty (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    perhaps in those days it had a male host.
    Hmm..Jolinar being in a male??..WEIRD. Lol I think she was only in a male host once. Martouf said she was always in Female hosts.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

LOL I'm rewatching this episode right now and I noticed that when Teal'c leaves the room after first interrogating Carter/Jolinar, he swipes his card to deactivate the lock but swipes the card upside down with the magnetic strip never even touching the card-reader.

Don't know if anybody caught this before. Add another thing to the list of easter eggs.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I just rewatched the ep, because I've read a (for me) new theory about the Jolinar/Jack/Sam-scene. If that was discussed before, please tell me where.

Theory 1: Jo is always in control of Sam and supresses the distorted voice etc. when she calls for Jack in order to manipulate him.
        Theory 2: Jo gives Sam control back and it is really Sam who speaks.

Now after the rewatch I'm completely confused.
        There is evidence for both interpretations.

One for No. 1 would be that Sam doesn't look down before we here Jo's voice.. (don't the Tok'ra always do that?). Second, Sam hardly ever calls O'Neill "Jack". And this time it sounded so naturally like she'd be used to it. Also Jolinar might have hoped that calling by his given name would affect him most.

On the opposite, even though the Tok'ra always lower their head, isn't Klorel able to take over without?
        Then it's a really serious situation, in fact a life-death-one, and she has called him "Jack" then before.
        Furthermore shouldn't her eyes be glowing, when the "snake" is that upset?
        Last but not least she says "HE is speaking the truth".. Would Jolinar refer to "it"self as he? Even without an own gender?

I personally always thought of theory 2 but since I read of it, I think the other one is woth considering.
        What do you think?
        sigpic

Comment

^I think it's *supposed* to be Sam, but calling him Jack does seem odd. I don't think up to that point we'd ever seen her call him that.

Comment

ok.. I was just surprised when I read that serval people think it was Jolinar, so I thought it would be interesting to hear some other opinions

If I remember correctly, Sam has called him Jack once by then.. in "The Nox" but he was already dead, so he couldn't hear it.
            sigpic

Comment

Not a really smart Tok'ra here. Came off a little too agressive for a being that wants to be trusted. Maybe this is where Jack started to build his distrust for them. I always agreed with his assessment of the Tok'ra
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode and a fascinating first look at the Tok'ra.
                sigpic

Comment

This was a powerful story from beginning to end.

The opening was shocking. The early part was mysterious and tense. The later part presented everyone with an intriguing dilemma. And the ending was tragic and moving.

I liked the introduction of rebel, good Goauld: it made the race more believable, interesting and full of possibilities. At the same time, I liked it that the Tokra had their own pride, agenda, method and prejudices.

Comment

Great episode about Sam. She went through a lot in this episode, and so did her friends; especially Jack.
                    When
                    Teal'c told Jack not to see his friend when he spoke to the Go'uld, and Jack asked him how to do that, that really was a heart tugging moment for me. I especially liked the end, where Cassie, Jack and Daniel are talking about Sam, and Cassie visits her.
                    "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Not that great episode to me. Yes, they needed to introduce Tok'Ra in some way, but in my opinion the whole Tok'Ra idea was bad. The concept of "good Goa'Uld" never worked with me, sorry.

Now for some ranting. It always startled me why when SG teams go to a planet where they expect heavy resistance, they still are armed badly? Yes, in this particular episode Daniel said that the attack came a complete surprise, but it seemed to me that there were some reinforcements to SG-1 in the beginning. If that's so, why didn't they brought something heavy with them??

They say Tok'Ra aren't Goa'Uld. Well, then Jolinar should have rather died than host Carter without her permission. Or at least shouldn't been hiding till the last moment.

What was truly interesting is Ashrak's ring. While it was in his stomach it seemed to augment his recovery, helping the parasite to heal the host. And when it was on his fingers, it worked as a weapon, scanner and mind controlling device. I wander what SGC did to it after Teal'C killed Ashrak? Or did zat's energy destroyed it?

Otherwise, nice episode. Development for all main characters present, especially Sam and Jack.

8/10.
                      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite episode of Season 2. I love that we got to see Cassie again, and I don't believe they could have introduced the story of the Tok'ra any other way. I remember when I first saw this episode (a long time ago) I was so scare for Sam, I was all the time thinking OMG she's now a Goa'uld, what are they going to do, it's nice that in the end she was a Tok'ra, only for the episode, and not an evil Goa'uld
                        sigpic
                        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

good episode, though one thing that i always bothered me is why didn't jolanor explain to sam who she was, she would have stopped fighting her. and then allow sam to do the talking when she was with others. this would decrease suspision.
                          sigpic

Comment

Without having ever heard of the Tok'ra or "good Goa'uld" I doubt Sam would have believed her. All they (the SGC) know is that the Goa'uld are evil lying snakeheads bent on galactic domination. Would you believe Jolinar's story if you were in Sam's position? Better yet, would you believe "Sam" if she were to tell you she was infested by a Tok'ra not a Goa'uld and that yes, she really was herself and it wasn't the snake talking?
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Great acting by Amanda. Return of Cassie was a delight as well
                              sigpic

Comment

I love this episode. To me, it represents a turning point in SG-1 in much the same way that Solitudes did. It opens up the world a bit more and begins new plot threads which will spread out as the series continues. The episode even looks different to what has come before, with new locations, bigger sets, impressive effects and more adventurous cinematography and lighting.

Not to mention that Amanda does such a good job here. Even the moment Jolinar enters her is a perfect marriage of acting and cinematography working together, really emphasising that something big has just happened. I love the little blood dribble down her chin.

I really can't find much to dislike about this episode. The scenes with the Ashrak take a little while to get going, and the guy playing him seems to flit between menacing and a very robotic performance. As an assassin he seems to really know how to get the job done, it doesn't take him long to track Jolinar down! The moment after where he fools the guards, ("she's dead. Let's go!") is very naturally done to the point where I forget that he's not a good guy.

- Cassandra's back! I love the continuity of Stargate, bringing back old characters fairly regularly.

- Jolinar says he/she is "of Malkshur". What the hell is Malkshur? I've always wondered. Is it his country? Planet? Resistance cell name? Family? Bank branch?

- After all the effort the Ashrak puts in to finally get to Sam, it's a bit shoddy that he doesn't actually finish the job and check that Sam is dead.

- My memory isn't great, but is this episode the first mention of the System Lords? Or did we hear that term in season 1?

- By this point General Hammond has really become one of the team, and his gruff personality from the earlier episodes is pretty much gone. I like him much more like this!

RATING: 9 out of 10
                                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Working...
                                X