The Serpent's Lair (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PugGate View Post
    I liked the part where Hammond was dressing down Samuels. Probably one of his best scenes!
    Hammon's satisfaction at denying Samuels was maybe a bit too evil!

I don't know why Bra'tac didn't kill Apophis when he had the chance. Sure he probably thought he was going to die, but why leave an escape route open?
    In the Nox episode, Apophis had some kind of personal force shield. Remember when Teal'c shot him with a staff weapon and the energy splashed off harmlessly? Maybe Bra'tac was wiser than Teal'c and didn't bother wasting any time trying to kill the Goa'uld.

All in all, a terrific pair of episodes. I liked the how the look of hyperspace gave the feeling of immense speed. And I really loved the glorious view of earth at the end and Jack saying in response, "Maybe this wasn't such a bad day after all".

Comment

This two parter still stands as some of my favorite SG-1 ever. It had all the things that made the series so great--team, drama, comedy, suspense, action... You really see that these are people who would not only die for Earth, but for each other, as well. Awesomness in a bottle...

Comment

In my twisted mind its a 4 parter starting with There But For the Grace of Gods
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

In my twisted mind its a 4 parter starting with There But For the Grace of Gods
          Good point! It's all part of a whole. Hmmm. Once Christmas is over, I think I'll watch those back to back. Thanks for pointing that out!

Comment

i think i should watch this ep and all the seasons again
            sigpic

Comment

That's always fun! It's surprising what you pick up that you missed, even after multiple viewings, or might have forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                i think i should watch this ep and all the seasons again
                I think that's a fabulous idea.

Comment

bra'tac and grenades is classic i love this episode

Comment

For me, it's Daniel's heroism--thinking he's dead, then Yay! Daniel is alive!
                    Daniel and Sam working together to save the day...
                    The first glimpse of the 'yes, an archeologist, but so much more' person that Daniel will become.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      For me, it's Daniel's heroism--thinking he's dead, then Yay! Daniel is alive!
                      Daniel and Sam working together to save the day...
                      The first glimpse of the 'yes, an archeologist, but so much more' person that Daniel will become.
                      yeah in a way this was the start of that imo

Comment

i love this episode i like danial saving the day and he fact he didn't die
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                          i love this episode i like danial saving the day and he fact he didn't die
                          Space Monkey!
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

lol that was very funny
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody View Post
                              What I want to know is how O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c, and Bra'tac got from the gliders to the shuttle without space suits.
                              That is an interesting point. Perhaps the shuttle just guided them down to earth. It was a good conclusion to the previous episode. The introduction of the zat was also a good move by the writers
                              Some say that he has only one ear.
                              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                              All we know is he's called
                              sigpic

Comment

still my favorite line ever in SG-1

Jack- Now what?

Bratac- now we die.

Jack- Well that's a bad plan!

Comment

Working...
                                X