Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Shanks:

"He understands the animal that she is," Shanks said of that particular scene. "There's always been this underlining, keeping her at arms length because of the fear of getting too close. ... But they've never dealt with each other in a head-on kind of way. We've never seen her truly vulnerable to Daniel, and we've never seen him be absolutely truthful and direct in terms of is own baggage that he carries in relationships, as well as what she represents to him."

Why was Daniel so mean to Vala in the scene? "I think that there's an innate testing that's going on through the course of that, and he's expecting a certain response," Shanks continued. "He's expecting a more sort of playful, more sort of 'How dare you' [response]. He's expecting her walls to go up, because it's almost like a poker match. He's waiting to see if she's going to be vulnerable first before he is -- and because she's so vulnerable, and he didn't expect it, that we see that resolution, that turn around with him.

"It is a test, but I don't think he was expecting it. That's the genuineness of it. When he sees her actually hurt, he's actually mortified himself that he's taken it so far."

Comment

Okay, I'm a little pissimistic. - I know they meant to show how bored they all were, but I think they could have cut back on Mitchell's Solo Races...

I liked the plot overall though. The problem was very interesting, and I liked how they got out of it. And Landry got big brownie points for standing up for Carter

Where did come from, and what happened to the we know and love? (Shave Teal'c and give him back his staff weapon!)

My Fanfics Warning!: Some fics may contain , so non-S/J shippers BEWARE!

Comment

Maybe it wasn't just boredom. Maybe Mitchell was frustrated because he really couldn't contribute much. Mitchell's role is much like Jack O'Neill's was. Mitchell plays the warrior type. Teal'c is also a warrior, but due to his many years of experience and self discipline, it wasn't as big a deal for him. He could adapt easily, where Mitchell felt useless. Then, at the end, Mitchell gets the opportunity to contribute the greatest solution of them all, identifying a power source so they can get back. There may also have been a little sexual frustration as well, since he was the one who was witness to Vala and Daniel's bedroom visit.
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I hate to moan but theres already so many threads about the finale, do we need another ?

Comment

Or, you know, maybe, due to the fact that they got cancelled the last episode had to be written quickly, and there was no time to get RDA in for another episode? It's not that easy to do that, especially if RDA's schedule didn't work.

Comment

We don't, it'll probably be merged soon

Comment

Originally posted by Furlings187 View Post
                I dunno if anyone didnt mention this already. But why was Richard Dean Anderson in the Series Finale. Having him not in it was the Worst idea ever. The whole episode i was sitting their waiting for him to show up out of nowhere. TO me the series finale was a big let down with out RDA. We needed Jack ONeil in the last episode of stargate he started it and should have ended it.
                *nods*

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Or, you know, maybe, due to the fact that they got cancelled the last episode had to be written quickly, and there was no time to get RDA in for another episode? It's not that easy to do that, especially if RDA's schedule didn't work.
                  That was probably very much the reason.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                    I hate to moan but theres already so many threads about the finale, do we need another ?
                    Eh...sorry. I looked on the first page and didn't see much of anything relating to what I wanted to say - poor timing, maybe? Oh well.

Where did come from, and what happened to the we know and love? (Shave Teal'c and give him back his staff weapon!)

My Fanfics Warning!: Some fics may contain , so non-S/J shippers BEWARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                      Maybe it wasn't just boredom. Maybe Mitchell was frustrated because he really couldn't contribute much. Mitchell's role is much like Jack O'Neill's was. Mitchell plays the warrior type. Teal'c is also a warrior, but due to his many years of experience and self discipline, it wasn't as big a deal for him. He could adapt easily, where Mitchell felt useless. Then, at the end, Mitchell gets the opportunity to contribute the greatest solution of them all, identifying a power source so they can get back. There may also have been a little sexual frustration as well, since he was the one who was witness to Vala and Daniel's bedroom visit.
                      I don't think it was just boardom, I agree with your reason. I thin sexual frustration came into play the longer then where trapped on the ship.
                      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Jebus,.... there are so many "Unending" threads.

1-888-Merge?

Comment

It doesn't really bother me that O'Neill wasn't in Unending. He already starred in several great episodes written as finales. After that the show changed enough that it nearly ended up with a different title. Moebius was a finale to the O'Neill/Goa'uld era of SG-1, Unending was a finale to the Mitchell/Vala/Ori era of SG-1 in which O'Neill just wasn't a major player.

Comment

I agree, "Moebius" was great I absolutely love time travel episodes as finales, "Moebius" gave a nice ending to Sam/Jack ships even if it was alternate timeline and was very great episode. Unending was good but I think with Jack in it instead of stupid Landry it would have been great.Right? It would be cool to see jack say goodbye to Thor and everything since they had such a good friendship.

Long story short, I'm not one of those peoples who don't like vala/cam and stuff but I think Jack should have been in the finale.

Comment

First sry if this has already been brought up, but wow, does no one care the asgard were killed in the first 5 minutes of the show, one of the most important species to the show dies like that and no one is outraged, I found the ending of the series horrible, granted it had its ups and downs but I felt it was more of an ending to season 9-10 instead of the whole series.

There were to many faults that I must say I am surprised almost no one is up in arms about. I have been a fan of stargate for a long time (since the movie) and nothing in this episode seemed like stargate.

In the (un)ending (oh the puns) I must say that its good the series is done because clearly it was starting to go down.
                              reach and grab the secret society of actors

Comment

Last week, I taped the SG-1 episodes that I really wanted to see during the marathon. So this morning, I started watching Lost City, Part 1. Before Lost City, I was watching the episode, Urgo (one of the best) and I noticed the difference in the growth of the characters. In Lost City, you could tell that this was a family and they were comfortable with each other. In Urgo, there was that connection but it was more apparent by Season 7. What a family!

Comment

Working...
                                X