No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not quite sure how the writers would go about explaining how the Asgard (or anyone) comes up with new tech; wouldn't it be all, I don't know, technobabble? What would be the point of that?

Can't you assume that they just thought of this new way of doing things and came up with this new tech?

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
    Not to mention nowher ein the episode explained the mystery of the Ori power source/shield. I'm expecting more of, what exactly the Asgard were doing, how they managed to develop such weapons, some background info about Ori tech, some info about the Asgard in general.
    Well I'm sorry, Stargate SG1 isn't a science and technology show. Go watch the Discovery Channel if you're so inclined.

Comment

Every little detail of Stargate has been questioned every since the first episode. I'm inclined to do so as well. I'm not into all that how the stargate works stuff. I just dont like the fact that out of no where the Asgard were able to create a weapon that could destroy an enemy who just a year ago took 10 ships to take their shields down to 99%. I like things to be consistant and having the final episode mysteriously solve the problem of the Ori ships isnt really that amusing. We've all wondered what the Asgard have been up to, it just isnt fair for them to die in 5 damn minutes after all they've done for us. I could even do the taking 2 minutes for Carter to figure out a way to use Asgard weaponry into an effective weapon againt the Ori but noo... Asgard come bak after 1 year, die in 5 min, their tech allows us to kill the Ori.

Comment

Does the fact that our ship's power source, the Asgard power core, and a ZPM powering the Odyssey's systems have anything to do with the weapon's effectiveness?
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I'm not quite sure how the writers would go about explaining how the Asgard (or anyone) comes up with new tech; wouldn't it be all, I don't know, technobabble? What would be the point of that?

Can't you assume that they just thought of this new way of doing things and came up with this new tech?

Well I'm sorry, Stargate SG1 isn't a science and technology show. Go watch the Discovery Channel if you're so inclined.
          Thank god!

There's too much technobabble in the show as it is. I have a healthy imagination, I can imagine how something in the show works. I don't need every little gadget or widget or plot device explained to me like I'm a simpleton. The new beam weapons work, huzzah and what-for! That's all I need. I can imagine why it works in my own head.

Comment

I know I'm sad beacause its over but I don't know if I'm happy (because there were alot of inside jokes) or If I'm angry because I guess I was hoping for a little more then that. I really enjoyed it but I think they could have done more. I know there are going to be movies but I kind of feel cheated out of a gret ending. I know a bunch of you guys think this was a great ending but I just wanted a little more out of it. I hope the movies will be great. I guess stargate was kind of my safety net knowing it would always be there on friday for me and now that its gone what doI have to look forward to on Friday night?

I guess I'll listen to a famous quote

"Don't cry because its over but smile because it happened"

You who have seen it tell me what you think
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I have to admit this is my first time on this site and I have come here in support of the total rubbish the final episode SG1. I did not even know this was going to be the finally until Sky One said so, I thought they were just being nasty but its true. Funny thing is there was a special programme documentary not long ago on SG1's 200th episode and I dont remember any word saying this is the last season. I am so distraut and sad.........and so it was true what Sky One said about Enterprise last year,..........this is the final episode ever ever ever ever.............and now I play some music by YES song title TO BE OVER. I need some pick up over this bad ending from the writers of SG1.

Bruce.

Comment

well tptb didn't have very long to write an ending as they planned to carry on which i think made the ending sub-par.

plus i think i excepted more from an ending then from just another eipsode. i was thinking about it and if Unending had not been the final episode i would have enjoyed it more.

but it set us up nicely for the final fight against the ori.

nice quote btw
                ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Time in the field is normal, then it speeds up at A, then reverses at B, then goes normal again at C. The block thats going backwards is not happening at the same time as when it was running forward (BC does not overlap AB), so the exact same things don't have to be happening. Time was just running in reverse rather than actually jumping back in time. So as you can see, there can't be another Teal'c at any point because there is no overlap. You would have to clone him to get another one.
                  I totally agree with you. Nothing should have been duplicated and it is normal for Teal'c to change positions. SAM put the shield on him in close proximity so he would actually have time to stop her. It is not easy to comprehend these time stories but it is normal....

Comment

I thought this was an amazing, amazing finale. Granted, the Asgard stuff was glossed over very quickly in a way that I really didn't like, but it's totally forgivable given their time constraints. They should've at least gotten an extra half-hour, a la Threads.

The stuff when they're actually trapped in the field was so incredible in terms of character stuff that this may be my favorite ep ever. Just loved it to pieces.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

It did feel like an ending to me it felt weird but the basic story line could have been one that happen a few episodes before the end not a major ending relay but the movie's should sort that out
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

we're never saw the furlings

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

^ And by the looks of it we never will! lol

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                          I thought this was an amazing, amazing finale. Granted, the Asgard stuff was glossed over very quickly in a way that I really didn't like, but it's totally forgivable given their time constraints. They should've at least gotten an extra half-hour, a la Threads.

The stuff when they're actually trapped in the field was so incredible in terms of character stuff that this may be my favorite ep ever. Just loved it to pieces.
                          Agreed! and well said! I did like the parts with thor, especially his scene with carter. man was that said! But it was a little rushed. But hey, what can you do, it was a great ep. One of the best IMO. It is definitely in my top 5, if not equal top!
                          Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 17 March 2007, 04:11 AM.
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

I thought it was brilliant episode, a great way to end the show. It had pretty much everything I could have wanted.

Comment

my comments might be a little influenced by the ending of the series but here's what i think:
                              -the Asgard dieing was very bad writing(it's like the just wanted to get rid of them)
                              -we never saw the Furlings
                              -the fact that Teal'c got a couple of grey hair in 50 years is so stupid
                              God must love stupid people because he made so many of them.

Comment

Crap? Hardly... It was a double edged sword...I think it was some of the best writing I have seen, and man it's sad to see it go. If it had been a 2 hr finale, might have not rushed why the Asgard suicided en masse, even though they were all dying from an incurable genetic disease brought about by their method of 'immortality', although a long drawn out goodbye might have been beating a dead horse. The Asgard were dying, and didn't want the Ori to get their mitts on Asgard technology, so kaBEWM.

How the writers slowly brought up Cams' cabin fever, Vala and Daniel getting together, Sam doing something just for herself (cello), Landry knowing what was happening, knowing he would be there the rest of his life.. And Teal'c...

Yeah, he just got 'grey hair' but Jaffa are, according to the show, longer lived/slower to age. It suited.

I think a lot of the "oh it was crap" is due to sour grapes that the SG1 might be gone for good (hey, it was supposed to be 'gone for good' a few times, so I can hope) and that would have colored opinion.
                                Life's tough... It's tougher if you're stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X