Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    well if we get all the best toys and weapons then you loose the parall (sp)
    Not really, because you can't expect them to figure out an Asgard ship over night. It might take them decades to figure it out!

I love the episode, I'm just annoyed with how the Asgard were handled. I would have had them blow up their planet after handing Earth the Asgard flagship with every Asgard mind stored in some kind of memory core somewhere on the ship. Some day... the Asgard could return. The ship would effectively be an ark. That would have been more effective.

Comment

i watched the ep...

i thought it was beautiful. and very sad. i don't like sad.

it was so well done that i didn't even mind the daniel/vala stuff. (or maybe i just got over the initial let down of their ship being resolved in 2 years to our 10). but still, it was very well done. (ship rules!)

as for the ep itself... i find myself thinking about it. and yay that sam was featured so wonderully and heavy in it! amanda was just amazing!!

i'm still NOT happy that jack wasn't at least mentioned by any of them. ((( )))

i've grown very found of mitchell this season.

but man, that was a depressing story. it 'did' give you a greater feeling that this group (can i say team?) really felt for one another. so it that aspect alone, it was a success. so i take back my earlier post about not being able to call them a team.

but i'm finding myself sad now, and not because it was the last ep. sg1 is NOT over because of the movies and because our girl sam is heading over to atlantis.

it was a very well done episode. very heartfelt.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i watched the ep...

i thought it was beautiful. and very sad. i don't like sad.

it was so well done that i didn't even mind the daniel/vala stuff. (or maybe i just got over the initial let down of their ship being resolved in 2 years to our 10). but still, it was very well done. (ship rules!)

as for the ep itself... i find myself thinking about it. and yay that sam was featured so wonderully and heavy in it! amanda was just amazing!!

i'm still NOT happy that jack wasn't at least mentioned by any of them. ((( )))

i've grown very found of mitchell this season.

but man, that was a depressing story. it 'did' give you a greater feeling that this group (can i say team?) really felt for one another. so it that aspect alone, it was a success. so i take back my earlier post about not being able to call them a team.

but i'm finding myself sad now, and not because it was the last ep. sg1 is NOT over because of the movies and because our girl sam is heading over to atlantis.

it was a very well done episode. very heartfelt.

sally
        Glad you liked it. I hoped you would.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Finally we have an answer. I don't know how much time I spent reading forum posts after Camelot on who had better tech and who was more powerful, the ORI or the Asgard. As far as weapon technology goes, at least we have a concrete answer. The Asgard are atleast as powerful as the Ori in the weapons and shield catagories. The Odyssy took I don't know how many direct hits from the Ori beam weapon and held up. It took many more hits than it did in Camelot. At least we can put all those threads to rest when it comes to how powerful the Asgard really are/were. TPTB just LOVE to leave things up to speculation, but have FINALLY given us an answer. What an amazing ending to an amazing show. Plus the Asgard beam weapon looks so badass, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
            Good question. The Asgard did have the right to give their technology to whoever they chose, but I can't see the IOA being thrilled that the US got it.
            Tough luck for them then...

In a way though I'm hoping the U.S. will stay true to it's current approach as it makes it more likely that they'd be willing to give lesser technology to other countries. I'd very much like to see 304s from various countries running around and I seriously think they need to start now in order to build a proper fleet for defense
            Same here. As we saw from season 1-8, the US was rather unwilling to give tech itself over, so i cannot see us changing that policy so easily... Though some of it, like Naquida generators, i could easily see being given to other countries...

To be honest, the Asgards' trust only seems to extend to the SGC. I doubt the president will be able to keep the new tech from the IOA, especially if it makes an appearance in Pegasus.
            True, since it was the SGC only who helped them out all those times...

Comment

Hopefully the Asgard computer core has some kind of advanced artificial intelligence that could advise earth on how to share the technology. Plus the Asgard did leave their entire history in the computer core so hopefully earth can learn from similar situations the Asgard have been in. I'm guessing that earth will be more united considering how they need all the resources they can get to defeat the Ori. It would be pretty stupid to shut other nations out in the face of total annihilation. With the help of other nations, they could collaborate on building new technology so it wouldn't just be the United States shilling out all the cash. They could build a fleet much faster with the help of the G8 nations. Maybe they'll eventually be able to take the fight to the Ori. The thousand nations of the Tau'ri descend upon the Ori, our nukes will blot out the sun.

Comment

i think Jack O'Neill could of been there just to say goodbye to Thor......pals for life
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Just finished watching the ep.

Great finish to a 10 yr gig. Sad to think that is it all over.

The saddest thing is Jack O'Niell was not there.

Thank you to all the people who were involve in giving us ten yrs of sg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

But one thing I think she will appreciate is that Amanda is really good in this episode. I thought her acting was outstanding, especially as she aged.

quite right, hubble.

i was sooooo pleased that sam had such a good part in this ep. sam was the saddest part of the ep, and amanda nailed the entire thing. i found mitchell to be the second most saddest, with his overwhelming need to 'do' something.

and i now have this intense desire to learn to play the cello! really.

i won't look at this ep as the last of stargate; just as a very well done ep in the line.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coolove View Post
                      I really don't know but there's some speculation on LJ that perhaps Vala had a miscarriage... a little far fetched I think.
                      I don't think there needs to be a specific reason. I think it'd be normal to cry a bit if you're trapped with just five other people for years, with no end in sight (except death). They all lost any hope of ever having children, and they must have been bored to tears.

Madeleine

Comment

Talk about a bad day for SG1, Ori ships kept popping up everywhere. Lol, we have quantum phasers now. This was a great episode IMHO.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I don't think it works like that. The sheild is like a buffer, it's constantly recharging, but if weapons drain it quicker than it recharges then you're screwed. It has enough to maintain that time dilation bubble for 50 years amongst other things, so we should be OK.
                          Yes, the conventional scifi notion (from TV, film and gaming) is that when shields are reduced it's because their "capacitors" are drained from taking hits.
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            From what I've read it seems much better than that and not a hash up. Sounds great to me.
                            Hmm.. wait and see?

My point is, "so far", it sounds like a crap story, with a HUGE inconsistancy. The IOA etc.. doesn't know about the programme, Teal'c & Vala (being with Baal) being against Earth and ONLY 3 people know about it?

Like I said it's early days, but so far to me it sounds like a 2-parter end of season/begining of new season story. Now from what I remember, it's supposed to lead into a new 3rd SG series; film 2/3, end of ORII. Film 3/3, new storyline, poss lead into a 3rd series.

Now if it's a storyline to get the fans juices flowing and it's a lead into a S11 etc, then maybe, but at the moment I'm not convinced. But only time will tell.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

great episode...good left open alot of ways for the movies to go...it would have been good if they did this ep in a two part, just to give more time to the asguard, both with them dying and giving us all thier ****...but that might just be me...

i did however throughout the whole episode thought it was a bit like "star trek : SG1" but again, thats probably just me...
                              www.inmaliceswake.com

www.myspace.com/inmaliceswake

Comment

I don't think it works like that. The sheild is like a buffer, it's constantly recharging, but if weapons drain it quicker than it recharges then you're screwed. It has enough to maintain that time dilation bubble for 50 years amongst other things, so we should be OK.
                                Maybe the time dilation field doesn't extend up to the shields?

Comment

Working...
                                X