X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    unending spoilers maybe
    Spoiler:
    no cause the shields are only re charging at the same pace as the time field.

or something like that ( i read it on another thread.
    Or it's possible that it would take longer for the shields to raise than they had before the Ori weapon would hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
      download it off itunes or amazon uni box ..that's all i can tell you.

otherwise asking for illegal downloads is a no no on gw and can get you in lots of trouble.
      I would never want illegal downloads. I was wondering if there was some offical site somewere.

For itunes do you know the size of the show as in megabites

Comment

I can say I am pretty pissed, if I knew Sci-fi was gonna destroy the Stargate universe like this. I woulda wished the show had ended at Showtime. I can't belieave they ended the Asgard like that what complete BS. I mean even with SG1 being gone they didn't need to destroy the imagination of things that could be happening after the series ended. They destroyed my favorite show, I don't blame it on the add on of a new cast. The show had proved it could handle cast change after MS leaves for a season. I honestly think the ending of so many story lines we grew to love through out the history of stargate was the biggest part of its downfall. The past two years losing the lure of promising story lines with our allies, old enemies killed it. The Go'uald being pretty much wiped, No need for the Tokra, Replicators toasted which is understandable, Jaffa story lines pretty much wiped out cause they moved way to fast with the Ori dominated Jaffa planets. The Asgard being mia all this time pretty much all of our important allies we grew to love become worthless since the Ori were brought in. Why destory 8 years of hard work and character development so fast and unclean. I am so urked by this episode , makes me think of one thing Highlander part 2 where they destroyed the story line. thank god part 3 they tried to act like 2 never happened

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
          With all the history between Thor and Jack, RDA should have been there for the last episode.
          Yes he should have..

Sad he wasn't... Heck even landry was there..

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          i wonder how jack is going to take it that thor is dead???
          I hope they show his reaction, in the film.

Originally posted by J_B View Post
          If your going to give them everything, then I can't think of a better way to give them those ships in order for them to start up their own fleet. That way, they can take the Asgard ship, then install the human parts onto it afterwards.
          On another note, I hope what's happened in SG-1 will translate over to Atlantis. I think it'd be silly to have them in the MW with all this tech & knowledge, while in Pegasus the 304's are still getting their asses kicked each time with missiles & rail guns.
          Perhaps they felt giving us the knowledge, so we could reverse engineer/make it ourselfs would be better than giving us the ships... And i do agree, i hope we see some of this tech / knowledge making it's way to atlantis.

Too much to go through to quote everything i wish... so i will say this... once i watch it, i will probabily break out the tissue box, and mourn a dear friend...

{RAISES GLASS}.. TO SG1. We salute you!

Comment

spoilers below
            Spoiler:
            now that the ship has uber upgrades from the asgard as well as the knowledge will it make its way to Stargate Atlantis. That asgard power core may be powerful enought to power atlantis' shield. maybe the Odyessey will be enough to destroy some wraith hive ships. with the matter thing given they could easily duplicate the technology and get it installed on the Daedalus. i loved the part with daniel and vala
            Let me know your thoughts as well as other opinions
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Very good ep. Kinda rushed though. Even Thor was speaking kinda faster than usual.

I think we will see the Asgard again. Thor said they "were moving on" he didn't say they were going to die, well he did say they were dieing but he said "moving on" which to me seems like ascension.

Nice to see we got the tech, but did anyone see anything "new" on the outside of the Oddy? Where were those beams coming from?

There are a lot of things that they should have done. Like maybe Daniel puting some critical knowledge he got from the Asgard database into a crystal.

Carter could have sent a crystal with the knowledge on how to modify the transporters to create food and whatever they want. Think of the benefits!! You could take ALL the garbage in the world and turn it into trees, water, food, whatever you wanted!!

Heck, you could possibly replicate Asgard beam weapons!

Ive seen the cloak idea pop up about every other post, the cloak would not work. NO WAY NO HOW. Even if the ship was invisible the energy signature would still be detectable. That is why Carter was try to PHASE Oddy.

Did anyone else think that maybe they should have replicated about 30' of Trinium to place in front of the Ori beam to deflect it and get the hell out of there? Its the simple solutions that sometimes get them. That is why the Asgard needed our help in the first place, and that is why they died out. They failed to follow simple steps, like reverting back to their old bodies and bumping uglies to breed instead of cloning.

If I didn't know there were movies coming out, I'd be seriously pissed. This was an okay ending, but more like a SEASON FINALE, not a SERIES FINALE.

BTW, this was a total rip-off of the ST:TNG Series Finale. I've been kinda upset over that since I saw the sinopsis Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                Easy, she could have replicated a virtual O'Neill or at least a 'small' part of him to keep her busy!

OMG That is funny!

Comment

I loved this episode... it was a great send off! And while I know that there are movies to come, I can't help but be sad that we have seen the last of SG-1 on our TV screens every week.

I have certainly enjoyed the past ten years, and I'd like to thank all of those responsible from TPTB, the cast members, the production staff, MGM, Showtime and even SciFi. I would also like to thank GateWorld in having such a wonderful place for fans of Stargate to play.

I loved the sendoff with the team quoting various cliches... I guess I'd like to end this post with one myself.

"All good things must come to an end..." Luckly in SciFi this isn't always the case! Bring on the movies...

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

anyone notice that Carter's boobs got a bit bigger as she aged? Not saggy, like the normal aging process, but a bit more "out there". I bet it was one of the secrets the Asgard had stored in the machine.

and what is with the ending? Come On! Landry Saying "Godspeed" to end the show was total pants. They should have ended it with the team saying "Indeed" as a beautiful nod to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySac View Post
                      I can say I am pretty pissed, if I knew Sci-fi was gonna destroy the Stargate universe like this. I woulda wished the show had ended at Showtime. I can't belieave they ended the Asgard like that what complete BS. I mean even with SG1 being gone they didn't need to destroy the imagination of things that could be happening after the series ended. They destroyed my favorite show, I don't blame it on the add on of a new cast. The show had proved it could handle cast change after MS leaves for a season. I honestly think the ending of so many story lines we grew to love through out the history of stargate was the biggest part of its downfall. The past two years losing the lure of promising story lines with our allies, old enemies killed it. The Go'uald being pretty much wiped, No need for the Tokra, Replicators toasted which is understandable, Jaffa story lines pretty much wiped out cause they moved way to fast with the Ori dominated Jaffa planets. The Asgard being mia all this time pretty much all of our important allies we grew to love become worthless since the Ori were brought in. Why destory 8 years of hard work and character development so fast and unclean. I am so urked by this episode , makes me think of one thing Highlander part 2 where they destroyed the story line. thank god part 3 they tried to act like 2 never happened
                      Wow you are ticked! Gotta say I disagree with you though you make valid points. I have been as big a fan asa you have the past 10 years and just don't see the issues you seem to have. True the Tok'ra avent been in it much the last two years and neither have the asgard but they havent been needed IMO. Also the Goa'uld had a long run and a glorious downfall IMo and the Ori deserved just as long of a run b/c they are just as good of a enemy. We have also have had many Jaffa stories and I truly believe they did not destroy 8 years of hard work but improve on their successes and give us 2 more great seasons and a finale worthy of the Sg-1 name.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Cute but I'd rate it thus

Unending 10/10
                        Sg-1 15/10
                        That works for me. This was a great finale for the show IMO. TPTB did a great job. I definitely have to thank them for giving me ten wonderful years of SG-1. I don't think there will ever be another show like this one.

Now the reality has set in though. No more new SG-1 on tv. Without a doubt, this is the end of an era. However, on a positive note, bring on the movies. I can't wait for them.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          That works for me. This was a great finale for the show IMO. TPTB did a great job. I definitely have to thank them for giving me ten wonderful years of SG-1. I don't think there will ever be another show like this one.

Now the reality has set in though. No more new SG-1 on tv. Without a doubt, this is the end of an era. However, on a positive note, bring on the movies. I can't wait for them.
                          Without a doubt an end of an era. I too can't wait for the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                            The Asguard developed new weapons and shields remember the ones in power were going to give the Tau'ri all of their knowledge and weapons so after their final attempt at restoring their race failed they turned to developing new defensive and offensive tech for the Tau'ri to use against the Ori and also living in another galaxy would have helped the Asguard to not be an Ori target seeing as the Ori only had like 5 ships for the entire MW. I think it was Adria cheating and telling the priors where to go and also its another galaxy so theres no ancient shield preventing the Ori from being open with their powers.

The new phaser weapons are probably developed on the same tech as the Ori laser beams so i bet the Priors are really scared now the Asguard took out two ships with the planet exploding and the Odsessy's new lasers took out 2 more Ori ships
                            I bet it was Adria too. She likely wanted not only Sg-1 dead but the asgard stuff too. Or it is possible the new asgard tech was detectable by the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I bet it was Adria too. She likely wanted not only Sg-1 dead but the asgard stuff too. Or it is possible the new asgard tech was detectable by the Ori.
                              It wouldn't surprise me if it was Adria behind most of it.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                It wouldn't surprise me if it was Adria behind most of it.
                                Me either. She is a highly pissed of woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X