Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Lovely ep, so many nice touches, and a perfect closing scene.

(It was smashing to be able to watch it with other GWers ) :: waves at everyone who was at the pub ::

I liked the 'cello music, and the montages. V sad, v moving.

*waves back tiredly*......it was a wonderful evening and I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.....very poignant but also genuinely funny in places too......gave me warm fuzzies even though it dealt with certain aspects of "ship" that I'm not a follower of... .....all in all though, a thorougly enjoyable end to 10 great Seasons....

Oh and that damn camera decided to work completely fine when I got on the train.....

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I took Mitchell's final comment about the Stargate being the way they should be travelling around the galaxy to indicate that TPTB might have realised that the number one reason in the decline of Stargate is the lack of actual use of the Stargate in Stargate! As ships became more and more accessible to SG-1, there were almost always a fall-back option, which ruined the concept... Hopefully the upcoming third series will mostly do away with ships in so far as a method of travel for the new team (if it is centred around a team, or whoever the "good guys" are if not).

Anyway, it was a nice episode. It would've been nice to have had Jack back for closure on the Asgard-Earth alliance. He did, after all, pretty much start the whole thing.

It's a shame there was no use of the Stargate other than the very final seconds when they walk through on yet another mission to save the galaxy.

Some good acting from Michael Shanks and Claudia Black in this one. We didn't really see what Teal'c got up to over the course of 50 years though.

Vala with the pigtails even when she's aged 50 more years = wrong. Just so very wrong...

All in all, a good episode. Didn't really like the final scenes, too much cheese even for SG-1. Although I suppose it had to end with everything back to perfectly normal in order for the movies to work.

Now it's time to start looking forward to the third series. Far more exited about that than SG-1 movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        Yes. They go in, at the end. We don't see where they go to, but before they go Walter says Chevron One Engaged etc, and Landry says Godspeed, and various people say Indeed, then they walk up the ramp... into the event horizon.

Cue music.

Cue tissues.
        Are you kidding me? This is the final episode, and they only go through the gate in the final scene? LAME!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          what do you mean by *there*?

and boy, i'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hoping for some sam/jack lovin' in the films!

sally
          I mean there, the area they kept vague for all these years (relationships). They always seemed to avoid it and now they finally went there

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Are you kidding me? This is the final episode, and they only go through the gate in the final scene? LAME!
            yes sadly.

it was a ship episode .
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

W00T!!!

asgard popcorn

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...x20/?start=all

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                yes sadly.

it was a ship episode .
                Guess there are a lot more shippers then non-shippers

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                  Guess there are a lot more shippers then non-shippers
                  no i mean ship as in space ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    Mitchell has a nice line of dialogue about it, though.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                      WoOO We are the FIFTH RACE After 9 seasons lol. The people of Earth are the fifth race, and 99.99999999% of them don't even know it.

McKay: Crap.
                      Hermiod: What did you do?
                      McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                      Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

As the final episode ends, I'm sitting here thinking to myself "I will never watch another new SG1 episode ever again". Thats depressing. I dont know if any cast members actually browse these boards, but I'd like to thank them for an entire decade of hard work.

Comment

we still have SGA and the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            we still have SGA and the movies.
                            not the same

Comment

maybe not but no show can last forever how many shows last ten years.

Comment

great ep i hope some of the asgard tech makes its way back to atlanits and they upgarde the dealess and the apllo. sad about the asgard being gone it happened fast. oir came out of nowhere they wanted to destory the ship before it could get back to earth and share the tech the asgard given them sad about teal'c thou

was any one esle think that michal was going to go carzy and kill every one on the ship

Comment

Working...
                                X