No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think your right about the Asgard they made it clear on alot of occasions that they will not give there technology up. then they just give it up and give up fighting it just hand it over. i know they trusted earth by then and all but it as u said came from no where
    sigpic

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the writer's weren't given too much notice about the cancellation. I seem to recall that they were already into production on the final season.

I would liked it much better if TPTB had had it written into the contract that a two-hour series finale was guarantee or to have any cancellation/renew decision made prior to start of production on a new season to provide ample time to wrap things up.

I listened to the podcast for the final ep of BSG and was surprised to hear that RDM fought for and got a third hour for the finale.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Unending had the premise of a great episode, but
        1. It sucks as a series finale, heck it sucks even as a season finale
        2. Asgard mass suicide was beyond lame
        3. Landry? Seriously? If you're going to kill off the Asgard you'd better have Jack there too - it's so sad Coop didn't even bother to try to get RDA to appear in the finale per RDA's testimony
        4. They didn't even mention Jack- the reason they even got the first 8 season- in the finale!
        5. Sam/Teal'c? enough said
        Otherwise the idea has merit - what would the team do in a lifetime - however it could have been done with the AT team in "Moebius"

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          3. Landry? Seriously? If you're going to kill off the Asgard you'd better have Jack there too - it's so sad Coop didn't even bother to try to get RDA to appear in the finale per RDA's testimony
          4. They didn't even mention Jack- the reason they even got the first 8 season- in the finale!
          Otherwise the idea has merit - what would the team do in a lifetime - however it could have been done with the AT team in "Moebius"
          Now that you mention it, given that O'Neill was the first to meet them, having him as an integral part of the story would have made it an incredible story. Nix the whole frozen time bit and just focus on the Asgaard committing mass suicide. The end of the Asgaard would have had a nice, albeit, unpopular feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            Now that you mention it, given that O'Neill was the first to meet them, having him as an integral part of the story would have made it an incredible story. Nix the whole frozen time bit and just focus on the Asgaard committing mass suicide.

Comment

Now that you mention it, given that O'Neill was the first to meet them, having him as an integral part of the story would have made it an incredible story. Nix the whole frozen time bit and just focus on the Asgaard committing mass suicide. The end of the Asgaard would have had a nice, albeit, unpopular feeling.
              Yeah, that's my opinion too. The Asgard were the first true allies humanity had who actually did something for us. Giving them such an abrupt and unworthy ending is just sad. And not taking O'Neill with them? Even Hammond would have been better than Landry. He has no past with the Asgard.

Overall, the whole episode just seemed very... unfinished. This was no true ending, not like the fishing scene in season eight.

Comment

i agree it just wasn't a very good ending. o neill should have been there as he was the first to meet them and has the most history with the asgard. it was just not good o neill not being in it was the reason i don't like season 9 and 10 i think they should have ended it in season 8 and have the characters go of like they did at the start of season 9. that be the end. i understand they had no notice but i found i just lost interest. even now i will watch to season 8 willingly but have to force myself to watch 9 and 10. it should have to be a force thing but it is.
                sigpic

Comment

Given the relationship between O'Neill and them, I can honestly say that I would have been 100% comfortable if the episode complete centered on the characters and the preparations of blowing up the planet without any real action per se. RDM made a comment in the podcast for the final episode of BSG that once he remember that the series had always been about the characters, that the story fell into place.

The story could have been entirely character-based by focusing on the main characters dealing with the fact that the Asgaard were going to commit mass-suicide and the personal loss that they would have felt. It would have elevated their mass-suicide to being an allegory for the lost of the show.

The final shot of course being SG-1 on the bridge looking down at the planet as it explodes.

Comment

i know it was good as an episode but i just don't think it made a good ending
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                      Given the relationship between O'Neill and them, I can honestly say that I would have been 100% comfortable if the episode complete centered on the characters and the preparations of blowing up the planet without any real action per se. RDM made a comment in the podcast for the final episode of BSG that once he remember that the series had always been about the characters, that the story fell into place.

The story could have been entirely character-based by focusing on the main characters dealing with the fact that the Asgaard were going to commit mass-suicide and the personal loss that they would have felt. It would have elevated their mass-suicide to being an allegory for the lost of the show.

The final shot of course being SG-1 on the bridge looking down at the planet as it explodes.
                      You know of course that it would have been an incredible 'weenie' if the last scene was of a ship appearing in very grand fashion and signaling the SG-1 with the simple hail, "We are the Furlings". No audio, no image of them, just the ship.

Comment

The series finale of Golden Girls was better than Unending.

Comment

"I can't believe the Asgard are all DEAD!"

Comment

Omg bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                              The series finale of Golden Girls was better than Unending.
                              Brother in laws comment while watching: Wow, this is almost as bad as the Sopranos seried ender. (After it was over). It was worse.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Just saw it for the first time - and I loved it. I do think that they should have gotten a season's warning, so we could have ended up with a grand finale, but this was still a great episode.

I wish the Asgard had gotten a better ending. If this had been a two-parter, then maybe they would have found some way. Maybe Oma would have pulled an Abydos - if the Abydonians deserved ascension, the Asgard did too. Or here's another idea: the Asgard can download minds. Perhaps they could have downloaded their minds into the Asgard computer core, with the hope that the humans would find a solution one day. There would have been the need to not only save themselves and the Asgard database, but the Asgard people.

Watching our characters evolve was wonderful. Landry's death was sad, Vala and Daniel were sweet together... it was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X