No announcement yet.

Family Ties (1018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an appaling episode, i did not find the ending funny one bit was just ashamed that the show had gone so low really, however the episode did keep up the tradition of one good ep followed by a bad one

also is it me or have tptb decided that all stand alone eps should be funny? the only serious ones we get now are about the ori or baal

Comment

An utter waste of an hour of my life. I have never been so bored whilst watching Stargate and if we hadn't have been recording it for a friend I honestly think I would have changed channels. It was just... *meh*. it never really felt like it got going, the plot, such as there was, draaaagged. I didn't find Vala or her father interesting enough to spend the majority of the episode learning (in the grand scheme of things) relatively little about their history. I found him annoying and predictable. Just.. sooooo boring! The Landry/Lam stuff felt utterly random and tacked on (suddenly resurrecting that storyline after not even mentioning it in aaages?). I feel like the p was supposed to be funny but very little in it made me even smile, let alone laugh. I honestly think this was the worst ep os SG1 I've ever seen..

The only things even remotely redeeming about it were:
      Siler walking into a door (and later showing up in the infirmary with a broken nose - and I mostly enjoyed that because Dan Shea is a lovely, funny guy and I enjoy seeing him in the show and the running joke of poor Siler always getting the rough end of things)
      The poorly disguised and rather pointed dig at SciFi for cancelling the show ("To be honest, the Stargate programme just doesn't get the support that it used to.." "Really? And after everything your programme has done for this network of planets..")
      The ending - it did make me smile, I admit... but it also kind felt like a rather juvenile attempt by the writers to see how many times they could fit the word vagina into an episode of SG1..

P.S. Just a point of order here but, whilst Stevearm07 has indeed been posting the same basic opinion repeatedly, which can be a touch annoying (though, to be fair, is no more than many other posters do in such discussion threads, if perhaps a touch more eloquently and expressing their opinions in more depth), he has not actually attacked or insulted any other user in this thread or bashed anyone else's posts - he has simply stated - repeatedly - his opinion that this was a baaaad episode. The only bashing I have seen in this thread is people calling Stevearm07 names and telling him to variously buzz off, frak off etc.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler much?
        Spoiler:
        Use the spoiler thing please... for people who havent seen the episode, please preserve the episodes privacy... jeez

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Yeh, I'd say it was 50/50 as well. And I think only a small handful hate it, otherwise the rest just wanted more ori action. I've seen it and thought it was ok/good, worth a watch IMO. And absolutely agree with you, no matter what other people say I would never miss an SG1 ep - never have never will.

And I thought Sam looked great in the opening scene. And it was a dress not a top as someone mentioned.
          Thanks for the agreement, though I havent seen it yet will soon, it sounds good for me as I liked Bounty, Talion, and the other side eps and while I wish we had more exposure to the Ori at least we are getting the movie sendoff.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Sounds hilarious but yeah use tags!

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
              Ok, I have to say this--I have gone out to shopping malls with my girlfriends numerous times for the whole"girl" thing, but never in a dress. And do we always have to see Sam in a low cut dress!! Also, just something totally off track, but has anyone else noticec that lexa doig looks just like Valeri ++++(who played Share') but just thinner and younger.
              Maybe because Sam dresses like a guy all the time, she wants to dress in a more feminine manner. Plus, you never know how Vala's gonna dress so Sam may have decided she wanted to look girlier.

Just a suggestion.

Haven't seen the episode yet, dig Vala's leather get up. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Ok guys

Rule #1

RESPECT OTHERS - here's a clue. telling people to buzz off is not respect.

Rule #2

Don't feed the trolls. As soon as you do, you are just as guilty as they are. If someone is breaking the rules, report thier posts and move on. if they continue to annoy you, use the ignore feature.

now, the topic is Family Ties. ALL opinions are welcome, but you Cannot and WILL NOT diss each other. You WILL NOT tell each other to buzz off and if people keep doing this, you WILL use the report post feature to report them to the mods.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Ok guys

Rule #1

RESPECT OTHERS - here's a clue. telling people to buzz off is not respect.

Rule #2

Don't feed the trolls. As soon as you do, you are just as guilty as they are. If someone is breaking the rules, report thier posts and move on. if they continue to annoy you, use the ignore feature.

now, the topic is Family Ties. ALL opinions are welcome, but you Cannot and WILL NOT diss each other. You WILL NOT tell each other to buzz off and if people keep doing this, you WILL use the report post feature to report them to the mods.
                  Skydiver glad to see you coming in here maintaining the peace but this happens alot with newbies in here and IMO needs to stop. I agree with you it needs to stop it gets very disconserting when you come in here and see people trashing each other.

Comment

Did anyone catch the hint that was made in the episode (I'm not sure if this was said in a previous post, I just skimmed through.)

Carter is in her Lab working on find the Naquadria(sp) and mentions the SGC is not getting the proper funding, that the people above just dont see how important that is.

People above being Sci-fi

SGC being SG-1

Cancellation anyone?

I could be stretching it a bit, but it is totally worth another look. Seems Amanda Tapping was Voicing a little stress over SG-1's doom.

Over all it was a cute, ep, sure there were the issues. The Teal'c moment was a little childish, but still it was cute, poor Teal'c.

Comment

The start also ahd a reference to the cancellation, cam said somthin like "oh rally so they cancelled it, I didn't know the new season had started".

But tbh apart from the last scene, very weak episode.

Im honestly thinkin after tonight, maybe it is time SG1 ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Skydiver glad to see you coming in here maintaining the peace but this happens alot with newbies in here and IMO needs to stop. I agree with you it needs to stop it gets very disconserting when you come in here and see people trashing each other.
                        that is why y ou report them to the mods and let US handle them. That's what we're here for

Once you engage them, you become just as guilty as they are and honestly are likely doing just what they want

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          that is why y ou report them to the mods and let US handle them. That's what we're here for

Once you engage them, you become just as guilty as they are and honestly are likely doing just what they want
                          Having said that, it's a forum so people are bound to 'trash' each other...
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            Having said that, it's a forum so people are bound to 'trash' each other...
                            But it's a forum with rules, and we all agree to abide by those rules when we create a user account. And the rules say no trashing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              But it's a forum with rules, and we all agree to abide by those rules when we create a user account. And the rules say no trashing.
                              precisely.

and we also have rules about being on topic

so let's get back to the episode please

sigpic

Comment

I've not heard anyone mention the new commander of the Odyssey!!! I love the scenes that involve fights with the ships and upon seeing the Odyssey I kinda expected some kind of fire fight!

Instead though we were given an update on how the Odyssey have been improved/upgraded! Shame we couldn't see the ZPM being utilized. What a waste!!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X