Spoiler:

Comment

Sam really looks awful in the top.

Vala looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post
          Few piccies

Spoiler:

Ok, I have to say this--I have gone out to shopping malls with my girlfriends numerous times for the whole"girl" thing, but never in a dress. And do we always have to see Sam in a low cut dress!! Also, just something totally off track, but has anyone else noticec that lexa doig looks just like Valeri ++++(who played Share') but just thinner and younger.

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
            Ok, I have to say this--I have gone out to shopping malls with my girlfriends numerous times for the whole"girl" thing, but never in a dress. And do we always have to see Sam in a low cut dress!! Also, just something totally off track, but has anyone else noticec that lexa doig looks just like Valeri ++++(who played Share') but just thinner and younger.
            Yeah mabey a little and it makes sense as MS was/is married to both.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Thanks for the pics

Comment

Great caps Kazan.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                  Okay, character development 101. Lesson the First:

If someone changes, write them differently, don't have them say "I've changed"

Apparently the standards over on the SG1 crew have slipped so far now that they have lost track of this episode. Sure Daniel's shoot first ask questions never action was out of nowhere and out of character, but it was at least a little better written than Vala's supposed growth.

As for her father, another example of cliche sleazebag who can't be trusted, thats two on the SG's in one year, how original.

The Landry story was crap, another attempt to force *air quotes* character moments, down our throats. Terrible writing once again from TPTB.

The moment with Sam and Vala ticked me off, Sam was in uniform, and therefore likely still on duty, so should she really be drinking on the job, or have the SGC let things go.

Teal'c's final scene was just terrible, it was a cheap laugh just showing the schoolboy level of humor TPTB like these days, what ever happened to the smart gags of old? It was also clearly a nod to AT performing on the vagina monologues, which leads me to the next point, aren't in jokes meant to be subtle? Two at least in this ep, blatantly obvious, just worthy.

The only saving grace was the acting talents of CB, who is wasted on this crap, as is the rest of the cast. With episodes like this, the cancellation of SG1 is right on cue IMO

1/10
                  Sam was in uniform the same way both Mitchell and Daniel were at the end of
                  --I want to say--ETHON

Comment

Easy it tells me you don't read these posts. I'd say at the moment it's half and half. It looks good to me and I have seen every episode of Sg-1 so I won't stop now. I love/like all episodes just some better than others. From the caps this ep looks great
                    Yeh, I'd say it was 50/50 as well. And I think only a small handful hate it, otherwise the rest just wanted more ori action. I've seen it and thought it was ok/good, worth a watch IMO. And absolutely agree with you, no matter what other people say I would never miss an SG1 ep - never have never will.

And I thought Sam looked great in the opening scene. And it was a dress not a top as someone mentioned.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Anyone else notice that Vala had her patches on her uniform on the wrong sleeves for half the episode?

In fact I think it was also like this in a scene in Talion...I'll have to double check

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                        Teal'c's final scene was just terrible, it was a cheap laugh just showing the schoolboy level of humor TPTB like these days, what ever happened to the smart gags of old? It was also clearly a nod to AT performing on the vagina monologues, which leads me to the next point, aren't in jokes meant to be subtle? Two at least in this ep, blatantly obvious, just worthy.
                        I'm sure someone's already said this, but this episode was likely written 7 or 8 months ago, and I'm pretty sure AT probably hadn't even been asked to perform at the event that far in advance.

Could be wrong.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Not the best episode ever sure, but fun enough.

Liked the dig at Sci-Fi network, and Teal'c at the end was great. And for me any Lexa Doig is always welcome, though I do suspect that the "storyline" of her, Landry and the mum/wife might have been either wrapped up earlier or expanded upon if she hadnt been absent with her pregnancy for so long.

7/10
                          Last edited by Kracker; 27 February 2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I didnt like the episode apart from tealc at the end and siler at the start
                            sigpic

Comment

Kazan, thanks for the pics, but where are the Mitchell pics?!!!

Comment

"Family Ties" had by far and away the funniest ending I have ever seen on SG-1! Just hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing!
                                Spoiler:
                                Just Teal'c sitting in a theater and a woman repeating the word 'vagina' over and over! The look on his face!
                                Last edited by kiwigater; 27 February 2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X