No announcement yet.

Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most brutal teal'c kill ever...better final fight than the imhotep episode(can't remember the title)
    www.inmaliceswake.com

www.myspace.com/inmaliceswake

Comment

A totally pointless episode. The story is just a remake of several older episodes, the main character loses his mind and sets out for his bloody mission. I don't remember a more violent episode, violent in the most disgusting way.
      Spoiler:
      I see no special reason why it was necessary to kill Arkad in this bloody and painful way. He was not the worst and most brutal enemy that the earthlings encountered or something.

It's a shame the Jaffa storyline has been wrapped up in this lame manner. The Teal'c character deserved better. They brought him back to being the old ruthless First Prime.

Comment

Klunky in places - really didn't like the Arkad character when he was speaking (though he was far more convincing as a physical opponant). And overall some of the main characters seemed slightly off.

BUT - huge kudos to Chris Judge, and another awesome performance. He has absolutely made Teal'c over these past few years. He used to be a character i ignored for the most part, and now ... he's my favourite. I am always utterly convinced by the performances. He's had far too little to do, but even when he's a minor character in the background of a scene the expressions etc always add something. And then he gets episodes like this, with Teal'c front and centre - and he pulls it off beautifully.

And because of that the episode was good. Like several recent episodes, overall writing has been clunky, but the sum total saved by one of the actor's performances.

In conclusion - a reasonably suitable round up to Teal'c's personal storyline ... particularly due to that final Bra'tac scene. That really wrapped up their story together - it was something we all knew from Season 1, but had to be said between the characters in the show. So, praise for not killing off Bra'tac as I feared, and for putting that last scene in. If we never see him again, his story has been concluded and rapped. Good job.
        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by .Ra. View Post
          A totally pointless episode. The story is just a remake of several older episodes, the main character loses his mind and sets out for his bloody mission. I don't remember a more violent episode, violent in the most disgusting way.
          Spoiler:
          I see no special reason why it was necessary to kill Arkad in this bloody and painful way. He was not the worst and most brutal enemy that the earthlings encountered or something.

It's a shame the Jaffa storyline has been wrapped up in this lame manner. The Teal'c character deserved better. They brought him back to being the old ruthless First Prime.
          I agree, not that i didn't like teal'c blowing up people ect., but this Arkad guy wasn't like an arch enemy, and filming the goryest seen of stargate ever was definatly wasted on him.
          I understand the whole Jafa revenge thing, but they took it a bit far in this episode. They could of easily stoped teal'c if they wanted to, and the way he acted to the rest of the team made me upset with him.
          If i was Dr. Lam i would refuse to deal with teal'c. He goes out and fights half to death, comes back and gets fixed up, and goes back and does it again. A body can only take so much! This episode was not thought out very well.
          Wasn't terrible, but definatly wasn't great.

Quote of the ep: "Uh, help! Help, we need help in here!"
          TwiceBorn

Comment

This epsiode seemed quite cinematic and epic in the music and the shots. I really liked the style.

Story line was so so but i really liked how it presented on screen.
            My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by .Ra. View Post
              Spoiler:

Well Arkad did piss off Teal'c in the past a bit I think. Background story I suppose. (The whole responsible for mother's death, etc.)

Of course, maybe this was meant to show Teal'c darker side. Either way I thought it was a powerful episode :]

Comment

I have to admit that I was bored, so I counted how long the fight between Teal'c and Cam lastet.
                Well, 46 seconds...not bad, not bad for someone fighting against a furious Jaffa who didn't really want to make it a long fight. Although something like a minute or whatsoever would have sounded a little bit better.
                That's all folks.

Comment

This is a good episode, Teal'c went all hardcore black ops and was rather scary. I don't see how Teal'c 'you are going to expole(sp)' to that guy was funny. I didn't find that funny nor did I think it was meant to be a joke. Once Teal'c gets on this Jaffa revence(sp) on there no stopping or reasoning with him. I was so sad that he left term. I always wondered what happened to Teal'c mother, and thought it might have been something bad like this. Poor guy, both parents murdered. I'm glad we got to find out with the show ending show since I doubt the movies will go into his backstory a whole lot.

I love that Cockney accent The final battle between Arkad and Teal'c was as good as it was bloody.

For a while there I thought they really where going to kill Bra'tac off I'm so glad they didn't. The show is almost over so they could have.

The figth scene between Teal'c and Cameron was brilliant and I don't say that beucase I enjoyed seeing Cameron get beat up like some people. Becuase I really like Cameron and I like to see him fight. He's a good figther and he has trained hard. He put up a pretty good fight against Teal'c and actully hit him a few times. On a visual level the fight was great to look at, and had so much meaning. That's why I liked it. I knew Cameron wasn't going to win and I was pleased he lasted so long against Teal'c when he was in that state of mind.

I love that Cameron (and others) lied for Teal'c. That was a very powerful moment.

The last scene between Bra'tac and Teal'c was great, at long last Bra'Tac said those words to Teal'c he longed to hear. Well I did, it was always unspoken between them I still like to hear it. We saw pretty clearly that Teal'c thinks of Bra'tac as father figure.
                  Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Glad to see Lexa back on the show.....also glad she will be in the movie
                    as well....wooohoo!
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                      This is a good episode, Teal'c went all hardcore black ops and was rather scary. I don't see how Teal'c 'you are going to expole(sp)' to that guy was funny. I didn't find that funny nor did I think it was meant to be a joke. Once Teal'c gets on this Jaffa revence(sp) on there no stopping or reasoning with him. I was so sad that he left term. I always wondered what happened to Teal'c mother, and thought it might have been something bad like this. Poor guy, both parents murdered. I'm glad we got to find out with the show ending show since I doubt the movies will go into his backstory a whole lot.

I love that Cockney accent The final battle between Arkad and Teal'c was as good as it was bloody.

For a while there I thought they really where going to kill Bra'tac off I'm so glad they didn't. The show is almost over so they could have.

The figth scene between Teal'c and Cameron was brilliant and I don't say that beucase I enjoyed seeing Cameron get beat up like some people. Becuase I really like Cameron and I like to see him fight. He's a good figther and he has trained hard. He put up a pretty good fight against Teal'c and actully hit him a few times. On a visual level the fight was great to look at, and had so much meaning. That's why I liked it. I knew Cameron wasn't going to win and I was pleased he lasted so long against Teal'c when he was in that state of mind.

I love that Cameron (and others) lied for Teal'c. That was a very powerful moment.

The last scene between Bra'tac and Teal'c was great, at long last Bra'Tac said those words to Teal'c he longed to hear. Well I did, it was always unspoken between them I still like to hear it. We saw pretty clearly that Teal'c thinks of Bra'tac as father figure.
                      You've already said most of what I was going to say.

- This was THE Teal'c episode. He even showed more endurance and bravado than in Avatar, imo. He really was unstoppable.

- Fight with Cameron: very well done. It's something they've been playing with in several episodes, main characters turning evil. We've had Sam taken over by AI & Replicarter, Teal'c being brainwashed by Apophis, Daniel becoming power-hungry in Absolute Power,... Yes, this was different, but it did show that sometimes good guys have to fight good guys. This was even more interesting as neither had really been taken over by something evil, so it really was "friendly fire".

- It was very subtly done, but indeed everyone lied to get Teal'c and SG-1 out of trouble wrt the killing of Arkad.

- It was strange to have Arkad be this almost posh-talking Englishman. But he was a good actor --- and unlike the foolishly gloating Goa'uld he was actually cool and reserved, making him even more dangerous an opponent.

- Teal'c being like a son to Bra'tac: that's something I've been waiting for for quite some time. Sure, they've always made it clear they totally respect each other and all that, but that scene really topped it all off.

In conclusion: another great Teal'c episode, and episode in general.
                      => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post

cockney accent??? he was australian.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

He doesn't sound very Australian in Eastenders!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            cockney accent??? he was australian.
                            Craig Fairbrass (who plays Arkhad) was born in Stepney, London, England. He has cockney accent although I think he was trying to make it sound abit posh in this episode.
                            AncientsTimeline

Comment

I didnt like the plot. It was forced with no backstory other than the spew they gave us in the beginning. I would have prefered they dig up some old enemy SG-1 fought years ago instead of creating this whole new character. i dont like how, and this is a recurring problem especially this season, the characters have no consequences for their actions. Teal'c assaults his own guys and next episode hes back at work. Jackson steals the Odysey and somewhat abducts a superior officer, and hes back at work the next episode.
                              I know theres not a lot of time left and not a lot of episodes but at least hold true to some sort of reality.

Comment

This was, IMO, one of Teal'c's finest episodes ever on SG-1. And it is going to be awesome to see it on TV tomorrow night. I can't wait.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X