Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Close. Season 2. Prisoners. They worked with Linea [Destroyer of Worlds], an expert of the elements, who used her mixtures to energize seaweed-like roots to power the gate.
    Ahh... darn! Next time I'll look it up... LOL Thanks

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I loved this episode it was funny, and my two favorite scenes were when Daniel tells the two girl's off and when Teal'c zats the old guy. The episode was very well written.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
      Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
      http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

My Fav Bit Was Where Daniel Told The Girls Off. The Only Thing Was Daniel Seemed Different In This Episode. More Like O'neil or Mitchell. (not that i didnt like it)
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by teal'c2006 View Post
          I loved this episode it was funny, and my two favorite scenes were when Daniel tells the two girl's off and when Teal'c zats the old guy. The episode was very well written.
          Teal'c: Please remain calm. *smiles*

Comment

Bad Guys was probably my fav ep of the season. It had the same slapstick comedy you usually get from O'Neill, the normal level of political intregue as well as some good old fashioned running about with guns.

SG-1 is always at its best when they are doing the comedy episodes.
            For all the latest scifi and fantasy news, visit SyFyPortal.com

Comment

I wasn't expecting much ... and i was happily surprised. No - it wasn't perfect, but it was eminently watchable - and rewatchable. It made me laugh several times, which is very unusual. It flowed suitably, never getting boring. The jokes (whilst cliched at times) never fell into that layer of utter idiocy that has plagued too many of Stargate's more recent episodes - and a lot of that is because they were delivered for the most part, straight. Daniel, Teal'c weren't trying to tell jokes - they were just funny.

Most importantly, it was in the old style mold. You know - SG-1 gets into trouble, and has to find an ingenious way of getting out. The difference being of course that normally, they're the prisoners (and i liked that twist. It's new). Oh - the Stargate itself was even involved. Shock Horror!!!

It felt like classic Stargate - and that's what i want to feel. Of the 38 'new team' episodes i've seen so far, very, very few have evoked that old style feeling.

I was, at last, watching the show i became a fan of. Let's hope it wasn't for the last time.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Hehe... funny!

Great to see the actors having a bit of fun (what the heck, they don't have much longer to do it) and several well scripted scenes. The direction of this episode is supposed to be 'over the top' and that's exactly what makes the episode work. My only gripe is not having Carter around to join in the madness.
                sigpic

Comment

This episode was awesome! Lots of comic releif. I like when Daniel freaks out at those two chicks because they were fighting over that guy! BEING A HOSTAGE INCLUDES A SET OF ETIQUETTE (sp?) RULES!!! hahaha Daniel was awesome in this episode
                  Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                  PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by panikin View Post
                    This episode was awesome! Lots of comic releif. I like when Daniel freaks out at those two chicks because they were fighting over that guy! BEING A HOSTAGE INCLUDES A SET OF ETIQUETTE (sp?) RULES!!! hahaha Daniel was awesome in this episode
                    I about rolled on the floor when Daniel said there was etiquette for this situation. Even my husband who claims he is tired of SG1 watched the show and actually chuckled out loud in places. I was glad of the return of the comic situation that I loved when O'Neill was on the show.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Worst first contact ever? This was the worst episode ever.

In my opinion, this is the most poorly written and produced episode of the entire series. The script is derivative and no effort at all was taken to design the sets and costumes. It was like they took a U.S.A. channel, "terror at the mall" movie and used its script for an SG1 episode, then they decorated the mall with old props from the show.

It wasn't even remotely science fiction. Worst of all, it was boring. This episode should never have been filmed.
                      Last edited by Hatusu; 18 May 2007, 06:29 PM.
                      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

the title says it all

It's Bad...guys

the high point of the whole thing, beyond sam being spared being in this stinker, was seeing Josh Molina of West Wing...and then feeling sorry for him and hoping that he knows that the show isn't always this painfully cheesy and dumb
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes of the season. I thought it was very well written. I laughed out loud several times. It moved at a nice clip. It was a nice team ep. It was a nice change from the typical Renn Faire villages. And the whole idea was clever.

I wish Ben could've contributed more ideas to the season. I liked the eps he wrote on FS, and I like this one too.

Comment

Pretty good ep...loved the comedy. There wasn't much action but, still overall, good episode. One thing I felt set it apart was that it didnt deal with the Ori. They went back to how some of the old eps used to be: making contact with new civilizations and dealing with the people on that planet. Not necessarily completely focusing on the Ori, metioning them yes, but they weren't the sole focus and that's something I'd like to see more often. Dont get me wrong the Ori storyline can be interesting but I miss seeing more self-contained eps.
                            Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                              This is one of my favorite episodes of the season. I thought it was very well written. I laughed out loud several times. It moved at a nice clip. It was a nice team ep. It was a nice change from the typical Renn Faire villages. And the whole idea was clever.

I wish Ben could've contributed more ideas to the season. I liked the eps he wrote on FS, and I like this one too.
                              Same goes for me. Definitely one of Season 10's many great episodes IMO. Funny in so many ways, and actually a very good story. I think Ben did a great job working on this one.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought this episode should have been a 2 parter. I read on MS blog that 22 minutes were cut from the ep. I think if they did make it a 2 parter they could have really dove more into issues that were only scratched.

The wrap up was too rushed and the scene that lead Daniel to tell off the girls was cut. I think that scene would have given Daniel more credibility. It just made him look grumpy.

Over all--the ep was written rather well. Just a few plot holes--that could have been addressed with a 2 parter. Such as who were the rebels? Was the current gov bad guys or good guys on planet? Why did the people in the museum concealing machine guns in the first place.

I would have continued with the guard and the worker that was helping them. There was much more story to fill in then the time allowed. I would have liked to have scene what BB wrote before they chopped it all up.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X