No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one thing making me glad (not and I repeat NOT to say that I am glad about the cancellation, I was one of the first people to jump online and start doing something when I heard about it...) is that Stargate WILL go out with a bang instead of a whine. Season 10 is really doing well so far, I'm very impressed with the recent episodes and if SG-1 has to go, then this is how I'd like to see it go.

Trust me, as an X-Files fan I had to watch the most brilliant and intelligent show I've ever seen drag itself on for 2 seasons where it just crumbled to nothing... you don't want to see your show go like that folks... as it is, I trust that the rest of season 10 is going to be equally good, and I'm optimistic about the movies (even though I did snort at the titles, I'm sorry but could there *be* anything cheesier than Stargate:Continuum? *frondesk*) so our fandom will die a 'noble death' as it were

Now all I have to worry about is this new spinoff series...

Edit:
    Originally posted by Lightning View Post
    I was wondering why the Russians would have moved in on the antarctic outpost in a military manner. I would have assumed they knew about it considering the relationship between the two countires prior to Anubis' attack.
    oh well maybe in that universe there was never american - russian co-operation on the stargate issue
    I may be reading too much between the lines here, but judging by the surprised reactions Sam got when she mentioned an 'international base' on Atlantis, I'm assuming there never was international co-operation on the Stargate programme in that universe... so I think you're right... they went public with it quite early and an international effort was never really established... just my two cents though...

Comment

Awesome episode. It was so much fun seeing Hammond back & in charge of the SGC. I like these episodes sure they have been done before but it also helps shows us what could happen in our universe

Comment

so our fandom will die a 'noble death' as it were
        says who, SG1 isnt dieing, the show is dieing, but Stargate lives on, AND SG-1 lives on through the movies, and it will carry on.

Stargate will live on, just wait and see.
        Hola

Hello

Comment

Apologies to all those who liked the episode, but while it was a good attempt and I praise Amanda Tapping for holding an episode pretty much by herself I just didn't like it. While I would say that some of my issues may seem superficial they did culminate in a "what the ...." moment for me. I was left a little cold.

Here are a few of my issues (I will deal with positives later)

1. Okay - highly superficial, but it seems we had the pleasure of seeing that horrific wig sported by Daniel in Mobieus landing on the head of our fair Colonel Mitchell. Have to tell ya - neither of you suited it.
          2. Hank Landry was an ass. And whilst many would comment that the AU theory would allow for character change, all others stayed true to their original character. Does this give a representation of his true nature?
          3. How useful are secret service agents in any universe. Surely they've heard of covert?
          4. I find it hard to believe Sam appeared to become so accepting so quickly of the media attention that was spun on her. While she may have been forced into attending the event at the request of the president she didn't have to capitulate by wearing a rather stunning evening gown.
          5. I found the ending a little too quick. The decision to let her leave and McKay's evident quick solution to the interdimensional gateway calculations was very quick and dealt with in a limited fashion that could only be explained by the need to wrap up the episode.
          6. I found Sam's interaction with the team at the end rather awkward and especially Vala's 'hug' - we know from prior knowledge that some touching moments and interaction between the two women has been cut from previous episodes and I felt that without this I struggles to believe this was genuine affection. I could say it was displacement as Vala is somewhat lost without Daniel but from my persective her main source of strength, in the absence of Daniel, comes from Mitchell.
          7. Little nagging point: Why didn't Sam ask where Jack was?

Positives:
          1. General Hammond - still love the man and he stayed true to his character throughout.
          2. Major Lorne - a nice character use and I liked the chemistry he seemed to have with Sam (something I hope may be used when she joins Atlantis)
          3. Amanda Tapping - she did well to hold her own.
          4. Rodney McKay - brilliant in any universe.

The end.

Comment

Right...

1. General Hammond! Had to do a double take there! Also interesting to see Lorne in SG1 again.

2. Didn't expect the ep to go as dark as it did to some extent but that made it interesting.

3. Barely recognised Mitchell.

4. Only annoyance is that the writers cacked up the pacing so they did a run-out-of-script ending of "oh, I'm going to build an Interdimensional bridge" wham!

Overall, better than the Quest, better than Point of View. Was never going to beat TBFTGOG though and still doesn't beat The Pegasus Project.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Someone in the Sam/Vala thread uploaded a lovely screencap-- (no direct linking please, I uploaded that to my own server.)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post
                I have a synopsis if anyone is interested?
                Let me know
                Yes, please.

And more pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniels View Post
                  Ahh the beautiful truth I agree on the snappy ending though... I remember looking at the clock and wondering how on Earth they were going to wrap in any decent way...

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                  Someone in the Sam/Vala thread uploaded a lovely screencap-- (no direct linking please, I uploaded that to my own server.)

Spoiler:
                  That's a *really* beautiful cap...

Comment

AAHHHHHh! General Hammond!!!!!!
                    Promethus!!!!!!!!!!

THE EARTH WENT OUT OF PHASE!!!

One of the Best Episodes EVER!
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      It was funny at the end with Bill examining the room with the "satellite" (I don't know the technically term, doohickey?), and Carter came back and shouted in it
                      Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
                        i thought only an ancient could use the chair, so i was a little confused as to how they beat the Ori the first time, but hey, the episode was so good i'm willing to overlook it, i might just be forgeting stuff
                        Another plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by JackDaniels View Post
                          Apologies to all those who liked the episode, but while it was a good attempt and I praise Amanda Tapping for holding an episode pretty much by herself I just didn't like it. While I would say that some of my issues may seem superficial they did culminate in a "what the ...." moment for me. I was left a little cold.

Here are a few of my issues (I will deal with positives later)

1. Okay - highly superficial, but it seems we had the pleasure of seeing that horrific wig sported by Daniel in Mobieus landing on the head of our fair Colonel Mitchell. Have to tell ya - neither of you suited it.
                          2. Hank Landry was an ass. And whilst many would comment that the AU theory would allow for character change, all others stayed true to their original character. Does this give a representation of his true nature?
                          3. How useful are secret service agents in any universe. Surely they've heard of covert?
                          4. I find it hard to believe Sam appeared to become so accepting so quickly of the media attention that was spun on her. While she may have been forced into attending the event at the request of the president she didn't have to capitulate by wearing a rather stunning evening gown.
                          5. I found the ending a little too quick. The decision to let her leave and McKay's evident quick solution to the interdimensional gateway calculations was very quick and dealt with in a limited fashion that could only be explained by the need to wrap up the episode.
                          6. I found Sam's interaction with the team at the end rather awkward and especially Vala's 'hug' - we know from prior knowledge that some touching moments and interaction between the two women has been cut from previous episodes and I felt that without this I struggles to believe this was genuine affection. I could say it was displacement as Vala is somewhat lost without Daniel but from my persective her main source of strength, in the absence of Daniel, comes from Mitchell.
                          7. Little nagging point: Why didn't Sam ask where Jack was?

Positives:
                          1. General Hammond - still love the man and he stayed true to his character throughout.
                          2. Major Lorne - a nice character use and I liked the chemistry he seemed to have with Sam (something I hope may be used when she joins Atlantis)
                          3. Amanda Tapping - she did well to hold her own.

The end.

Nice summing up of the problems.

The team moments since Cam and Vala arrived are ALL cringeworthy and awkward.

Comment

Now Sam knows how to hide an entire planet. That is one hell of a defense

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts View Post
                              Another plot hole.
                              Uhh, no actually. Anyone with the ancient gene can use it, not just the ancients themselves. And they obviously know a fair deal about all that considering they could translate the ancient text on Merlin's device

Haven't you been paying attention over the last 3 years of SG-1 and Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                                Now Sam knows how to hide an entire planet. That is one hell of a defense
                                No doubt it'll be conveniently forgotten at a later date or some last minute detail will exclude them from ever doing this again.

The writer's can't think that far ahead remember. These are the same writer's who think that giving us Lucius twice in the same season is a good idea. Once was bad enough, but TWICE???

Comment

Working...
                                X