The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chevroneight View Post
    LOL I know, I laughed so hard too. I'm sharing an apartment with two American girls and the first thing they said was "Oh God, if we hadn't come here to live, we wouldn't have even thought about that line twice!"

For the record people, we don't *all* live in villages lol
    Ah thank God!!! Other Irish folk who understand!!!!!

Squee at us getting mentioned on Stargate though... although next it'll be leprechaun attacks!

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    And since when do we have a Prime Minister instead of a Taoiseach?
    I raised that in the other thread lol.. to the consternation of others...

Comment

A very good ep, I thought, Wow I've liked 3 eps in a row, next week's will no doubt make it 4, for that hasn't happened since, well S8 probably

A good ep for Sam, great to see General Hammond again, also Major Lorne and "President" Landry were good in this.

BB did a good job of the screwed up Mitchell, interesting to see such a different side to a character. This McKay was so different, I laughed when they said Rodney and Sam were divorced. I guess they couldn't have an AU without Sam being shipped with someone and I'm so so glad that Jack wasn't mentioned here.

The funniest line was Mckay to Sam "Oh my god you're a lesbian"
      Well that would be different....

Nice scene at the end, the Sam/Vala hug, Teal'c's off to spar with Siler, and Vala's bidding for a timeshare on ebay And yes they mentioned Daniel.

Can't wait for next week.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        And since when do we have a Prime Minister instead of a Taoiseach?
        Northern Ireland has a PM, doesn't it? Maybe Landry's just being brief -- I don't know many Americans who distinguish between Irish and Northern Irish in casual speech (no offence to any of you who do).

Comment

*hugs to Irish GWers*

I understand the stereotypes! Remember Carson had his sheep calendar! lol!

Anyhoo...Anyone got any screencaps yet??
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm still puzzled that Sam didn't enquire about Jack too (after that "fishing" refference from last week I got the impression that they remained at least friends, that he was a person whom she trusted)
            And about Landry does this mean that it's not all cusher with him in our reality too ?

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
              Ah thank God!!! Other Irish folk who understand!!!!!

Squee at us getting mentioned on Stargate though... although next it'll be leprechaun attacks!

I raised that in the other thread lol.. to the consternation of others...
              In fairness most news agencies in the world call the Irish premier a prime minister.

Comment

If Stargate continues in this vein I will be sorry to see it finish in a few weeks, but I wonder if it can continue it's recent run of decent episodes.
                I know some people dislike the new series plot/characters but this kind of show with this much quality has a right to be on TV. Im not a major "get SG1 back!" person but when i see an episode like this, all i can do is want more.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                  Northern Ireland has a PM, doesn't it? Maybe Landry's just being brief -- I don't know many Americans who distinguish between Irish and Northern Irish in casual speech (no offence to any of you who do).
                  The British one, I believe.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
                    Sams asks the same question! he has been captured by the Ori in that reality too!
                    Thanks. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I love reading what all you guys have to say and the spoliers are great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                      *gasps and clutches heart*

Hehe, nah I guess to other's the difference might not be as apparent as it is to us...

To be clear; I'm not actually starting a full blown debate about this lol, it was just a light hearted nitpick...

But to be fair, I generally hear him referred to as Taoiseach in international news...

*waves to SueKay* Ahh poor Carson

Yeah I was puzzled by the lack of Jack reference after the fishing comment... they're either abandoning the ship or not, I wish they wouldn't tease

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                        I'm still puzzled that Sam didn't enquire about Jack too (after that "fishing" refference from last week I got the impression that they remained at least friends, that he was a person whom she trusted)
                        And about Landry does this mean that it's not all cusher with him in our reality too ?
                        yes, i have to admit, that was strange, i was waiting for her to ask about him!

about Landry - Sam saids the Landry she knows would have done better/ have a different opinion so the one in our reality probably isn't a problem. it was fun to see him as a sort of bad guy though!

my friend is writing a fantasy story about good people who end of being bad guys and where you draw the line between good and evil, it was really interesting seeing Landry like that!
                        ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
                          Thanks. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I love reading what all you guys have to say and the spoliers are great!!!
                          wow i would never read the spoliers! half my enjoyment of stargate (well anything really) is not knowing whats going to happen!
                          ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            I know some people dislike the new series plot/characters but this kind of show with this much quality has a right to be on TV. Im not a major "get SG1 back!" person but when i see an episode like this, all i can do is want more.
                            I couldn't agree with you more. I have always been 75% against continuing with a 11th Season, but when the last few episodes of this season have really been good, i have to think, well maybe they could pull off another season. I just hope the movies can pull if off like the later half of season 10.
                            I cannot wait to see the finale and the first of the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                              *gasps and clutches heart*

Hehe, nah I guess to other's the difference might not be as apparent as it is to us...

To be clear; I'm not actually starting a full blown debate about this lol, it was just a light hearted nitpick...

But to be fair, I generally hear him referred to as Taoiseach in international news...

*waves to SueKay* Ahh poor Carson

Yeah I was puzzled by the lack of Jack reference after the fishing comment... they're either abandoning the ship or not, I wish they wouldn't tease
                              Lol. Sorry, I'm English.

Hey, maybe Beau couldn't pronounce Taoiseach.

Comment

Was DSD's presence important or just a cameo ? Can't wait for the "Shroud"

Comment

Working...
                                X