No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, also to say that I squeed to see Prometheus again! I was SO gutted when it got blown up in season 9

I also have to laugh that they bombed an 'Irish village'... gee guys I know we're quaint and all, but we have towns and cities too, surely they'd be more of a threat Gotta love stereotypes...

Comment

Where was daniel in the alternate reality? Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts View Post
        Once again people think this is THE BEST EPISODE OF SG-1 EVEEEEERRR!!!!!!!! because of things like Vala hugging Sam and that wan*er Bill dropping an antenna rather than any meaningful reasons. Or at least they don't write about it.
        erm, i liked this episode because of it's dark storyline and the moral issues raised but also because of the interation of my favourite characters, whats wrong with that?

seriously every post i see of yours you are whining about something! lol
        ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

He was captured by the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
            Where was daniel in the alternate reality? Dead?
            Sams asks the same question! he has been captured by the Ori in that reality too!

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
              erm, i liked this episode because of it's dark storyline and the moral issues raised but also because of the interation of my favourite characters, whats wrong with that?

seriously every post i see of yours you are whining about something! lol
              Put him on ignore, I have. FOR that reason...

I enjoyed the issues raised as well, but I enjoyed the character interactions a lot more. I just prefer my initial reactions to come through, whether they be "SQUEE!!" or "WTF?!"

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                Oooh, also to say that I squeed to see Prometheus again! I was SO gutted when it got blown up in season 9

I also have to laugh that they bombed an 'Irish village'... gee guys I know we're quaint and all, but we have towns and cities too, surely they'd be more of a threat Gotta love stereotypes...
                lol aww. they say it was a terrorist target, they're not just bombing Irland for the sake of it, it was the Irish leader (president/prime minister?) that asked them to do it

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

I really loved this episode and althought i am not a 100% Sam Carter Fan, I really enjoyed her in this one.
                  Didn't she look good. I really thought Rodney was good too, it was nice to see the cast play slightly different personalities than what we normally see.
                  9/10 would have been 10/10 if the ending was better.

Comment

Agreed... I thought it was a bold storyline that drew a parallel to current political issues and allowed Amanda to turn out an exceptionally good performance... the episode showcased my favourite character and actress and presented some really interesting points... the humour was a highlight, not the making of the episode... and we are quite entitled to say it's the best episode ever for whatever reasons we like quite frankly!

Comment

LOL I know, I laughed so hard too. I'm sharing an apartment with two American girls and the first thing they said was "Oh God, if we hadn't come here to live, we wouldn't have even thought about that line twice!"

For the record people, we don't *all* live in villages lol
                      meh

Comment

Is it just me or was Cam wearing the same wig daniel wore in moebius? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts
                          Do me a favour, have a look through some random episode threads on here. You'll see that 90% of the time the reasons given why posters LOVED!!!! the episode are things like that.
                          Mostly people watch programs they enjoy! and only people who REALLY!!!! enjoy them post on internet forums, so tell me: what did you like about this episode?

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

And since when do we have a Prime Minister instead of a Taoiseach?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

lol aww. they say it was a terrorist target, they're not just bombing Irland for the sake of it, it was the Irish leader (president/prime minister?) that asked them to do it
                              Oh yeah, I got that part... I just thought it was humorous that it was a village... as though that's all we have Ireland is mostly towns now really...

Comment

I enjoyed the episode - the humour was subtle which is what you come to expect from AT - some great one-liners dotted around the episode.

Having heard AT talk a little about this episode at her recent convention, I was expecting a very serious episode, and whilst it dealt with some serious issues, it did so in a a way that didn't ram them down people's throats.

Seeing Hammond again was terrific, and much prefer him to Landry, although I don't dislike that character.

Overall, as a Sam fan it was great that she finally got an actual episode for her - yes last week was a good Sam episode, but wasn't centred around her - this week clearly was, and boy did AT rise to the challenge.

As with any episode there are little niggles, the ending as has often happened in the Stargate universe, was a little too easy and quick, but it provided us, IMO, with some interesting and unexpected twists and turns which has been severly lacking of many of the more recent episodes.

As a general episode, 8/10 for a Sam episode 10/10.

If Stargate continues in this vein I will be sorry to see it finish in a few weeks, but I wonder if it can continue it's recent run of decent episodes.

Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                X