No announcement yet.

The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved it. Was a good solid ep from start to finish. Sam was great, I don't think I've seen more pure (good) dialogue in any other episode. It was good to see Sam really act. I really felt sympathy for her situation and the situation of earth, very cool.

They cloaked earth? wow I didn't think they could. Now will they use the tech for the real earth?

Comment

That was great fun. I was surprised when Lorne walked in as the CO of SG-1, and I thought that was cool. Then he walks into the control room and Hammond is there! I cheered at that. Then I saw David Hewlett in the credits, and cheered again.

It was just a lot of fun. Wrapped up a little too quickly, but veyr nice over-all.

My only beef. They say Vala was in a holding cell at Area 51. How did they meet Vala? Our Daniel met Vala on the way to Atlantis. If they haven't discovered Atlantis, how did they meet her?

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

I guess that Vala simply did a coup at another place with earth soldiers/ships being involved. She got around a lot.
        But that must have been as in Carter's realitity one hell of a coup that Lorne remembered her instantly.
        That's all folks.

Comment

Awesome episode. I never get tired of the parallel universe episodes.

Great to see they finally deal with the implications of making Stargate public. Lots of good Sam moments and a great team moment at the end.

Good to see the good old General Hammond back and love how he and President Landry are still honorable at heart despite the situation.

Easily one of the best episode of the season if not the series.
          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Just got done watching the episode. I had no idea what was going to go on in this episode (I guess I feel like those Spoiler-Free people). That hair do on Cam reminded me of that hair do that Daniel had in Season 8 (the hair that had with flashbacks back to the first 3 seasons of SG-1, see Citizen Joe and Moebius for references). I was glad Hammond was in the episode, and McKay's glasses were interesting and weird.

Damn, did Sam look hot in this episode, those dresses, ooohhh. I give it (the episode) a **.

Can't wait for The Shroud, next week.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post

edit : I'll add to this by saying the alt-sam killed herself in her project and the real sam said she could probably could not complete the project that alt-sam died in.
              do we know for sure that the altsam died? i mean, did our sam and company SEE that altsam died? *hopes she was just dispelled to another universe. (((altsam)))*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

I never really enjoyed There But For The Grace of God, but this really struck me as TBFTGOG done right. It was well written, paced, and acted throughout. It was also really nice to see McKay being a good character for once. I won't start on how bitter I am about certain SGA cast members being cut while the annoying-as-fark Rodney gets to stay, but the McKay we saw in this episode was actually likeable. Seeing Hammond and Lorne was a delightful surprise for me too.

My only real beef with the episode is that I found it ended rather abruptly.

Nice to see they're worrying about Daniel still. Very nice.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss View Post

Did anyone wonder where Jack was? I would have thought Carter would have asked when she was going through everyone else.
                  me too. ~as a shipper and jack/rda fan~

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode! Hammond was back, Rodney, Sam. Cool story.

Good episode. I really enjoyed it.
                    My favs:

Comment

Not bad ep. Was so good until they cloaked the planet after that it just went down hill for me. I was hoping sam will get back to her reality sooner. Would love to have seen Vala in a cell at area 51. The ending was just beautiful.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        No one on the show complained about it. We complained about it and even then (and now), people defended her about it. And that was her one screw-up throughout 10 years.
                        So what you want is the character to be punished for making a big mistake on screen?

Ok dokies then....
                        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I just saw the episode and thought it was great. I loved seeing Hammond again, and how dealing with the problems of their reality has changed him. Finally Beau got something he really cut his teeth on To see how the situation has turned him into something akin to Daniel's role in Absolute Power. I thought Amanda was great in how Sam dealt with all the AU characters, her interactions with McKay were cute, how she lied to him, and he would just know she did. I liked how her deep beleifs in the rights of the poeple played into the episode, and how she got to kick some butt The ending was a little rushed, but I liked how her team stuck by her in that empty room

All in all I give it a 9/10
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I really can't wait to see this episode. It really sounds like it was another great one. The wait is going to be torture.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I really can't wait to see this episode. It really sounds like it was another great one. The wait is going to be torture.
                              Do find yourself feeling like Teal'c right about now
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Do find yourself feeling like Teal'c right about now
                                Just a little bit. Sci-Fi Channel loves to use the pain stick.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X