The Road Not Taken (1013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the coming attractions were like for The Shroud?
    Don't be silly... Sky don't actually advertise Stargate! Pfft! And to show a preview for next week's ep?.. are you insane?!!
    sigpic

Comment

GREAT episode. Didn't expect Lorne or Hammond.
      Ending was great ... "you mean you talked to empty room for two weeks"... haha... looks on their faces ... Vala going to bid on e-bay then returning ...

good. better. "The road not taken".

10/10

i was actually skeptical when episode started, thinking "not another alternatve universe ep", but man i am glad i was wrong ... some great moments ...

can't wait for more.
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Lorne!!!!!!!

I love SG1, but when you add Lorne I’m in heaven.

Thanks for the caps Stef, they are great

Good episode, it did feel a little rushed at the end, maybe a little more Lorne would have helped, but seriously, it did jump from how is she going to get home to wow! She done it.

I liked the fact it wasn’t an evil alternative, this is one option to what could happen when the Stargate goes public. How the public reacts to this information could determine what happens next.

But we know we can defend Earth, and that it could get nasty if/when the stargate program goes public.

Did anyone wonder where Jack was? I would have thought Carter would have asked when she was going through everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Don't be silly... Sky don't actually advertise Stargate! Pfft! And to show a preview for next week's ep?.. are you insane?!!
          Oh the bitter truth...

Comment

Good episode but the ending ruined it. Didn't like the alternate version of McKay. Considering that the sequence of events wasn't so different in the alternate universe from the regular universe until the battle over Antarctica, I didn't agree that McKay would have been doing what he was doing, didn't fit close enough. Them being married made no sense considering we were given no indication that alternate Carter and alternate McKay were any different personality wise from the regular characters.
            Lorne was a nice touch, I felt it was a bit of a random choice for an alternate SG-1 leader though - but he's a good character that deserves more expanse so it's all good.

I think it would've been more interesting to have had O'Neill as the alternate president. That'd be funny. It wouldn't have made any sense, since his character would never make the changes that had been made even when facing the same situation. Still, there would be such comedic value in watching O'Neill deliver a presidential speech. I can't help but wonder what role he actually played in the alternate government, if any at all. A mention wouldn't have gone a miss. I would've thought Carter would've sought him out or atleast asked about him considering the high position he has within the regular universe's Stargate program. Oh well nvm.

Lot's to like about this one. The rushed ending clearly showed that there's so much that needs to be packed into an episode like this, it's just not possible. It might not be as flashy as some other episodes, but a two parter would've been more appropriate for this story I think. Could've explored where more of the characters were, and had something actually happen between talking about Carter getting home and it actually happening.

Comment

I still do not hear the stargate melody at the party.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space
              5.) More realistic power-down scene. The blacking-out America scene looked too CGI.

I realize perfect CGI still isn't possible a/o 2007. Even Mega-High Budget movies like Spiderman 2 doesn't look "real," I mean you wouldn't mistake its CGI for reality.
              To paraphrase James Tichenor: "A copy can never be more real than reality."

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              The editing seemed a bit choppy to me and like others have said the ending seemed a tad rushed. In fact, I didn't actually realize that Sam was back in her own universe with Bill. I actually thought they were just testing the device until I went back and watched the scene for a second time.
              Dr. Lee had these ugly Buddy Holly glasses in the alternate reality, yet he didn't in our reality.
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

dam f302's bombed my village! ha that was the highlight of the ep, Ireland mentioned in stargate deadly! also didnt know there were so many other irish gate fans here

Comment

it was soooooo boring
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    it was soooooo boring
                    Well, one would think it would be, for someone who can see all *big grin*
                    Last edited by leaper; 24 January 2007, 03:15 AM. Reason: smilie didn't work

Comment

This was a good episode, liked the dress sam was wearing wow, now we know what it would be like if Stargate Command announced to the world that the stargate exists.
                      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Great episode- with just two disappointments:
                        1. The ending was very rushed and jarring.
                        2. I heard they were planning on getting William Devane back to play the President again, but I guess he wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          it was soooooo boring
                          I thought it was great. Much better than the Atlantis 3x13. In fact I saw alot of the Atlantis episodes earlier, the Return, Echoes etc... and I thought they were great (Except Irresponsible), but SG-1 has been even better!

Why did you fnd it boring?
                          Last edited by SGFerrit; 24 January 2007, 04:23 AM.

Comment

maj. lourne was excellent i hope he gets a bigger role next season in atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              I thought it was great. Much better than the Atlantis 3x13. In fact I saw alot of the Atlantis episodes earlier, the Return, Echoes etc... and I thought they were great (Except Irresponsible), but SG-1 has been even better!
                              Irresponsible's airing on Sky tonight, if you didn't know. Just making sure you're aware so you can avoid it, like I plan to do...

Comment

A cool episode showing a very nice new world for stargate to exsplore and what could have been.

Good Bits:
                                -Lorne was in it whiuch is always gd. However he disappered half way through?
                                -Bill is also great. The Originla Zelenmka of the stargate world!
                                -Ori beam cutting through the planet and through the the lab.
                                - Cameron as a Bum was cool.
                                - Hints of the alien tech in the real world like the zat and the glow stick
                                -Air Force One lol
                                -"OMG your as lesibian" best line this series next to "puff"
                                -The Dress. Wow!

Bad Bits
                                -Ending was hamey. However i liked Bill with his instrument thing. lol
                                -America rulling the world once again. I mean if the timeline was similar up till 3 years ago they would have still of told Russia, Uk, China, Canada and France.
                                - The whole plot idea of stealing energy from other universes dose sound stupid when they talk about it.
                                -
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X