The Shroud (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
    I just saw the Shroud and wondered if anyone else noticed this - glad I decided to read the posts instead of jumping to the end.
    Is it the continuity people or wardrobe?? It has got to be sloppy work if I notice it.
    Actually it went from two to one, back to two - errrr I think
    yeah, i noticed this too. not being to be picky or too OT here, but it's both the continuity persons and the wardrobe ppls respinsibility, but the buck should stop with the continuity person. however that person may have mentioned the issue to the director, who could have fobbed it off with the usual "we'll fix it in post". anyone who's worked on any kind of movie/film/documentary will probly back me up

-------

but yes, 'the shroud'. didn't get as good a look at it due to technical reasons, so i felt kinda let down. i'm still a little confused about what vala was saying to daniel, after talking about "planning to plan"

i felt a little bad for woolsey, though. this ep would have taken place after atlantis's 'the return' 2-parter, right? so he's spent some time with jack and has had his life on the life only to be saved by sg personell before ('the scurge' also); so it seemed to me he was upset at the prospect of killing daniel. but from his pov, it made sense.

i just love it how RDA says "daniel", when daniel beamed him onto the oddessy. i was so happy, like there was never any time apart. and daniels returning "jack". we've heard it so many times throughout the years and it never gets old

all in all, what i managed to piece together from the ep, it was pretty good. looking forward to the next ep to see what happens
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Watching this episode I was reminding how much I miss and enjoy Jack and Daniel scenes. I love Cameron and Vala but Daniel and Jack are just so fun together

Great episode, the whole time I was waiting for Daniel to turn out evil. I waited and waited and waited LOL I couldn't help but luagh at Daneil when Vala was sitting on his lap She can drive him nuts and he can't do a thing, so she sits on his lap. I like how even thought she had doubts about him she won't let him die. She was planing to have plan and put 4 hours a side to come up with plan LOL

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      i felt a little bad for woolsey, though. this ep would have taken place after atlantis's 'the return' 2-parter, right? so he's spent some time with jack and has had his life on the life only to be saved by sg personell before ('the scurge' also); so it seemed to me he was upset at the prospect of killing daniel. but from his pov, it made sense.
      I felt a little bad for him too, I haven't seen any of SGA season 3 but after last time he was trying to do what he thought needed doing to protect everyone. Last time he was all for little Abius(sp) to be kept alive and people died, he trying not to make the same mistake as last time. At the same time he like Daniel and doesn't want to kill him.

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      i just love it how RDA says "daniel", when daniel beamed him onto the oddessy. i was so happy, like there was never any time apart. and daniels returning "jack". we've heard it so many times throughout the years and it never gets old
      No it doesn't ever get old
      Last edited by angelfire east; 29 April 2007, 07:45 PM.
      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Ewwwww! Adria kissing Daniel is just wrong!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

It was Merlin I tell ya that's my story and I am sticking to it Merlin kissed her.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Seeing this one again just reminded me how much I liked it. Great to see Jack back as well. They all function really well together on-screen if you ask me.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really think that they could have split that into 2 episodes. There was a lot of information they could have gotten out of Adria and Daniel/Merlin. But instead, they had to cram it all together and make me feel like i just ate 10 meals that would stand me for 3 days....ok bad example....
              But I thought that the episode was PHENOMINAL! I have it taped and will be watching it again, and again, just to see Daniel as a Prior. I really wish that one of our allies could have super powers for a couple episodes.
              Also, with daniel kissing adria, i think that was poorly thought out...She was saying that she saw why her MOTHER loved him, and then she kisses the person who her MOTHER loves...*soap opra*cough* hmm...scuse me there.
              But any way, the episode was a defenite 20/10. Hopefully this gave the show a little better ratings. I think I convinced over 50 people to watch the show via emails, and forums. I got another 50 that would just turn their TV's on during the show so it seems like they are watching it! You all should try to get people to watch Stargate, or atleast have their tv's on the channel so we get better ratings!

Comment

just finished watching the ep. it was alright. it was a better 'episode' than 'the road not taken', but this one... i don't know.

i've always enjoyed the jack and daniel banter, but this one felt kind of forced or something. like they were 'working' to make it funny and bantery, instead of just letting it flow.

and boy, was daniel so pissy. i know the fate of the galaxy was at stake - it sometimes gets old - but he was too pissish considering that he wanted everyone to believe him.

everyone else in the ep seemed fine, though. it was nice seeing jack/rda (miss him), but i wish his scenes would have been made more of somehow.

i liked his scenes with sam. they were *very* comfortable with one another. ~sighs with shippy thoughts~

all in all, an alright episode. i'll give it a 7/10.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

That was wonderful!

I was bummed to hear that the Daniel as prior arc was cut from 6 episodes to one, and I can see the argument that this episode has almost too much to do at points. However, it did quite well all considered.

The Good:

Daniel/Jack Interaction: The humor was well done, and I enjoyed that RDA was used well. He was not brought in for a stupid cameo and actually enhanced the show. (The writers didn't use him well in Season 9.)

Daniel/Vala Interaction: Their friendship was nice to see. Yes, I'm a Daniel/Vala shipper, but this episode showed how they work together in many capacities.

The Team dynamic in general: I've hated the various comments about Vala being a fifth wheel or Sam not having anything to do, and I saw SG-1 as a huge team tonight. The team was not the original four or the new five. Instead, the general assisted Jack, Daniel, Vala, Cam, Sam, and Teal'c. The team, all of them, functioned well.

Daniel as prior: MS is a great actor, and his villain/crazier guy/alien takeover roles are always my favorites.

The Bad:

Jack's random presence: I'm sure that we probably lost a scene to the cutting room floor, and I'm thrilled that Jack was there, but his return seemed a bit random. If he can stop by regularly, we should at least hear of him more often.

The Logic of the Betrayal: At times, the we know, they know-we know got a bit thick, but that was probably the side effect of merging 6 shows into 1.

Overall, a great episode that I'm glad I stopped to watch this week: 9.5/10
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

The "Dark Danny" arc was actually cut from 6 to 4. Quest Part 2 to Shroud is the "new" Dark Danny arc.

Joe Mallozzi said so himself (I know he said that other thing too, but he's corrected himself).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      The "Dark Danny" arc was actually cut from 6 to 4. Quest Part 2 to Shroud is the "new" Dark Danny arc.

Joe Mallozzi said so himself (I know he said that other thing too, but he's corrected himself).

i'm glad it was cut down to this amount. any one character getting that much time...

i really can't imagine having to go through three eps of prior daniel.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I did like the Star Trek uniform that Daniel was wearing on Adria's ship.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          and boy, was daniel so pissy. i know the fate of the galaxy was at stake - it sometimes gets old - but he was too pissish considering that he wanted everyone to believe him.
                          LOL Daniel was so pissy I loved it. I don't think it was too pissy just normal pissy Daniel poor guy another person in his head and turned into a piror, I'd be pissy too

Did RDA voice sound funny in some of the scenes at the start of the episode. I noticed it when he was talking to Daniel for the first time, was he putting it on or what?
                          Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                            The Bad:

Jack's random presence: I'm sure that we probably lost a scene to the cutting room floor, and I'm thrilled that Jack was there, but his return seemed a bit random. If he can stop by regularly, we should at least hear of him more often.

As a slash fan, there was no doubt: Daniel was in real trouble so Jack was there. Beacause he would be.
                            And the 'Sleepyhead' hair ruffle had us all swooning.

Jack's last appearance on the show was a gift for us.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              As a slash fan, there was no doubt: Daniel was in real trouble so Jack was there. Beacause he would be.
                              And the 'Sleepyhead' hair ruffle had us all swooning.

Jack's last appearance on the show was a gift for us.

FF
                              A lovely gift, tied up with a big red bow
                              Lovely way for Jack to bow out of the series, being there for his friend.
                              And yay pissy Daniel Just love him pissy. Think I might have been a tad on the pissy side too, given the circs.
                              jd

Comment

I needed a scene to bridge me from the last scene we saw of Daniel and Adria. To go from angry Adria holding Daniel captive and not knowing what her plans for him were to them walking and talking around the ship all comfy was too much a leap for me. As Daniel's been missing these few weeks (months?) and SG-1 has been going thru heck themselves, all the time worrying about him, I imagined he was having a tougher time. I needed something to show Daniel/Merlin turning to accept Origin (without giving away whether he was joining Adria or trying to survive/win). I hope I said that right.

Comment

Working...
                                X