Bounty (1015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this alot.

I have to say that I really liked both Cam and Vala in this one. I've never been a fan of them but recently they've started to be something that I could like. I thought Cam being having the schoolboy crush and falling out of his chair was a nice touch, and that Vala actually looked beautiful in the episode instead of all dolled up trying to sleep with someone.

Overall the episode reminded me of Sunday, where you get to see what people are doing on their days off yet something happens that brings them all together.

I think it was a very well done character development episode. I think Kindler wrote it well, because I love secrets being found out and the whole ringing incident was something that really appealed to me. I liked how Lee isn't the WoW nerd we think him to be and is actually somewhat of a chick magnet and there was a nice nod to Covenant with the whole hologram technology.

I also liked the sign that said "Damien Kindler (episode writer) for Class President" in what could have been a weird good or joke, because CL look liked a giant a and all you could make out was A ass

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I enjoyed this alot.

I have to say that I really liked both Cam and Vala in this one. I've never been a fan of them but recently they've started to be something that I could like. I thought Cam being having the schoolboy crush and falling out of his chair was a nice touch, and that Vala actually looked beautiful in the episode instead of all dolled up trying to sleep with someone.

Overall the episode reminded me of Sunday, where you get to see what people are doing on their days off yet something happens that brings them all together.

I think it was a very well done character development episode. I think Kindler wrote it well, because I love secrets being found out and the whole ringing incident was something that really appealed to me. I liked how Lee isn't the WoW nerd we think him to be and is actually somewhat of a chick magnet and there was a nice nod to Covenant with the whole hologram technology.

I also liked the sign that said "Damien Kindler (episode writer) for Class President" in what could have been a weird good or joke, because CL look liked a giant a and all you could make out was A ass
      I also guess that this episode pretty much ended the Lucian Alliance VS Earth Story going by the end

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
        I also guess that this episode pretty much ended the Lucian Alliance VS Earth Story going by the end
        I don't think there was an LA vs Earth story, because they've never actually explored the possibilities until now. It's possible someone else would take over, and because of SG1's interference would continue to try and kill SG1 or fight a war with Earth.

Ending the Lucian Alliance could work as a movie, in which SG1 and the Free Jaffa fight them in order to recover ships, destroy their drug plants and pretty much help to free all the people the LA are abusing. Of course the LA would need to get their hands on some uber powerful weapon or device, that way it adds some overall great grand danger

sigpic

Comment

I like the part where the woman trying to kill Daniel cross the road and got ran over by the bus. LOL.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
            I like the part where the woman trying to kill Daniel cross the road and got ran over by the bus. LOL.
            That reminded me of the first Final Destination movie

Comment

can anyone share the sam bits of this episode with me?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                can anyone share the sam bits of this episode with me?

sally
                Big Spoilers, especially about the end.

Spoiler:
                Lets see, she blew up a storage container and helped destroy part of ship.

Did a public display of 'Chimera', a so called more advanced version of the holographic technology seen in Covenant (basically a human made version so they can prove they built the technology and that aliens weren't involved)

At the same conference Chimera was displayed, killed a Bounty Hunter with Dr. Lee's public version of a laser (which is basically a crappy version of a laser weapon to once again show to the public so they don't get suspicous when alien tech starts being used in public). Earlier in the episode, Lee turns out to be a babe magnet, and he tells Sam she should mingle about as it's filled with singles, which seems to slightly shock and frighten Sam in some way.

Then off screen, she located a cloaked Cargo Ship, and then tricked another Bounty Hunter using Chimera (along with Daniel and Teal'c), into think they beamed into a room full of civilians and were captured, while secretly hiding in his ship when he ringed aboard with Vala and Cam which of course was viewed by the same civilians

sigpic

Comment

Synopsis

Teaser
                  Cam rings to a cargo transport ship.
                  Opens some crates and find lots of crates full of Kasa beans.

Sam rings into a separate part of the ship
                  She gets scanned but is setting explosives.
                  Daniel and Tealc had also ringed to other compartments of the ship. They set explosive charges to destroy the ship and the cargo. The all ring out to a cloaked teltac with Vala at the controls except Cam whose rings are activated and the alliance people ring in. He battles with them and manages to ring out in the knick of time before the cargo ship is destroyed.

The Lucian Alliance leader Netan is infuriated. It is the 3rd ship they have destroyed. He will not stand for being challenged anymore and made to look weak and places a bounty on SG1s head.

Act 1
                  Back at the SGC
                  Cam and Vala meet in the corridor. He tries to get away from her but she is very persistant.. She is trying to get Cam to take her to his high school reunion in Kansas.
                  He is very reluctant and says it will be boring. Vala pleads with him saying her life is boring. Sam is off at a conference, Daniel at a Museum, Tealc off world etc. She begs Cam to take her as his date.

Act 2
                  Sam is at a conference with Dr Lee.
                  He is complaining that they cant be too honest about the technology and have to pretend that they are still developing things. Sam agrees but says they have to go through the motions of showing a development process rather than just producing all the wonderful technology. Lee is being given the eye by a couple of young girls. He does say at least the up side is that the singles scene at the conferences is good. Sam is amazed he is managing to get the attention of such attractive girls. Lee tries to encourage Sam to circulate!

Cam and Vala in his car going to his parents. She promises not to embarrass him in front of them.
                  They are eating outside with his parents.
                  Cam has to go make a phone call about the dance.
                  His parents grill her – she says they are serious “although at first it was all sex , sex, sex”

Daniel at a museum doing research. He meets an attractive woman.

Cut to a teltac with 2 bounty hunters arriving at earth . They are attacked by an alliance bounty hunter who takes them out as he wants to collect the bounty himself..

Back to Cams parents. His mother assumes they will be sleeping togther.

Tealc is on another planet talking about a treaty with other Jaffa. They are attacked. Tealc is injured but not badly.
                  They don’t know if the people attacking are still around. Tealc spreads the rumour that he is badly injured to try and flush them out.

Cam and Vala are at the high school gym helping to set up. He and an old friend from school called Darrell are telling stories.
                  An old flame of Cam comes over. Her name is Amy. Cam is very flustered. Vala finds it very amusing.

Daniel back at the museum. The attractive lady reintroduces herself to him and flirts with him.
                  She comes onto Daniel in a big way and invites him to leave.
                  He is suspicious and says no. She fires a hand device at him but he runs away. She catches up with him but is run down by a bus before she can kill Daniel.

Landry brings Sam up to date and to make sure she is ok.
                  Landry then tries to fill in Cam but they have a bad cell connection so its difficult to make himself understood.
                  Vala is trying to pump Cam and Darrell about Amy and teasing him a bit. They are out in a field taking shots at tin cans with rifles.

Sam is being introduced at the conference. She will be explaining about a holographic image projection system . An assassin is setting up high in the gallery.
                  Sam begins her presentation on as the assassin takes aim. He fires but Sam was using the system to project her image onto the stage and the shot just flies through the image of her. She grabs the stunner gun that Dr Lee was showcasing and manages to hit the assassin.

Comment

And part 2

Act3
                    Back with Tealc.
                    He is laying on a bed in a tent, pretending to be unconscious. A bounty hunter comes in to try and kill him but Tealc zats him.

Cam and Vala are the dance which is in full swing.

An Alien bounty hunter stuns one of the male guests and scans him in order to take his form.
                    Cam and Vala inside at the dance.
                    Another bounty hunter arrives and knocks out another guest in order to get his suit.

Cam meets with Amy. They are getting on really well.
                    The first bounty hunter is making his way to Cam.
                    He gets a call from Landry who urgently wants to warn Cam of what has been happening. The reception is poor and he goes outside to try and improve it but with no luck. He is unaware of the danger.
                    Cam leaves to try and find a landline. The second bounty hunter takes out the first bounty hunter and follows Cam.

Vala is being flirted with by Cams friend.

The bounty hunter manages to get Cam just as Cam gets through to the SGC on a landline. He takes him hostage in order to try and get the rest of SG1. He imitates Cams voice and tells Landry to send help.

At the SGC, Sam, Daniel and Tealc are going to try and go after Cam. Sam says they were tagged when they were on the last mission when they thought they were scanned. That is how they are being so easily tracked.

Vala and Darrell are drinking together. He is coming on strong and she manages to put him off by telling him she is married.

Cam is back in the gym and gets to dance with Amy whilst being watched by the bounty hunter. He allows them to dance to try and keep up appearances whilst waiting for SG1 to arrive to try and rescue Cam.

Vala returns to the hall and recognises the bounty hunter from her previous life. She and Darrell try to take out the bounty hunter but he manages throw Vala to capture them all. He holds all the guests hostage in the gym.

Sam comes on the radio demanding that he release the hostages. He refuses and demands they beam in first. SG1 beam in which stuns all the people at the reunion.
                    The bounty hunter has SG1 and himself stand together and activates a set of rings which crash through the ceiling and transport them to his ship.
                    Except, Sam, Daniel and Tealc were not really beamed in – it was an imagine projection of themselves using the technology Sam has previously used at the conference. They were waiting for the bounty hunter back on his ship and are able to disarm him.

Act4
                    They explain how they tracked the bounty hunters ship until it landed on the school gym roof and the use of the holographic image projecter. They were able to get aboard his ship and trick him.
                    The bounty hunter says although he has failed, others will keep trying. Cam says he thinks not. Netan will be made to look weaker because of the failure to capture SG1.
                    He implies that the bounty hunter will be better served taking out Netan.
                    Cut to the Lucian Alliance ship – the bounty hunter saves Netan from one hunter but then takes him out himself.

Back to Cams family farm. His mother gives Vala some pie.
                    Cam is saying goodbye to Amy. They kiss and he invites her to come to Colorado Springs.
                    Cam and Vala leave in his car.

Comment

Hmmm, this sounds like a very interesting episode. I can't wait to actually see it. Kazan, thanks for posting the synopsis.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I didn't dislike the episode and it again certainly had some amusing moments in it - Daniel's would-be assassin stepping into the line of an ongoing bus without realising it was quite funny in the way it was done.

Dr Lee certainly had his moment with the ladies leaving a dumbfounded Sam behind.

Everyone seemed to have something to do this episode, which was nice as it did continue in the recent vein of improved episodes.

The downside was that the "baddies" were so obvious, in some respects it continued the episodes line of being serious, but fun in part, which could have proved to be annoying had there been too many more of them fighting over the bounty - it would have been interesting to know what that actually was.

Had an interesting end, IMO, with the apparent death of Netan who I never really saw as a threat to SG-1, just a blustering idiot on more than one occasion.

Overall 7/10 for me - it had potential to be very good, but fell a little short in one or two areas in IMHO.

Elaine

Comment

I wasn't sure what to expect of this episode so I didnt go in to it with very high or low hopes. I must say I was pleasently surprised. This episode hit all the high points and had very few lows. Loved the action begining of them blowing up a train of "evil Orvel Redenbacker(sp)", and the big threat from Netan. Loved how they split everyone up and each was being tracked and really loved the bit where Daniels "stalker" wasnt too familar with earth culture and got hit by a bus. Loved the Sam and Dr Lee moments and love that new gun and did anyone think that the sniper rifle the guy shot at sam looked like a scope from "halo"? The Teal'c moments were great as always, and really loved the Cam/Vala interaction. Loved Amy Cams high school sweetheart and she looked very familar anybody know form where? I'll admit the spining head thing was a little weird but otherwise great ep and I'll say that if the series continued we'd likely see more of the LA which I'd love but I'll bet that this is it. Too bad as I love the LA story. Overall very fun lighthearted ep and really enjoyed it. 9/10
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Loved Amy Cams high school sweetheart and she looked very familar anybody know form where?
                            That's Peter DeLuise's wife Anne Marie and you would have seen her in "The Other Side" back in Season 4 and I've seen her in quite a few other sci-fi shows too.
                            -

Comment

Bounty Hunter + Bus =
                              Good episode, I enjoyed it.

Comment

All in all a fun little ep to give us a little break from the meatier stuff we've been enjoying over the last few weeks.

Like others, I thought it was a great moment when Daniel's assassin displayed her gross ignorance of the Green Cross Code - where's David Prowse when you need him? Hmm? It certainly looked very, very convincing, too. Okay, so it's not the first time a lead character in jeopardy has been saved from potential nasty death by passing traffic (Buffy and Glory, anyone?), but it was nicely done and I liked it (I'm sure Daniel appreciated it, too!). It's always just after they've done their 'and now I'm going to kill you' speech that it happens, isn't it? Wonderful.

Good old Dr Lee - he was just hopping on the spot waiting to go talk to those ladies at the conference, wasn't he? Sweet. Pity his spot on the stage didn't go according to plan. It was a nice touch, though, when Sam used the weapon to take out the assassin, and everyone thought it was part of the presentation and gave them both a standing ovation. Alls well that ends well!

Good stuff. I liked it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X