No announcement yet.

The Quest, Part 1 (1010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh. Not as bad as i thought it would be. I only spent a few minutes clopping the coconut halves.

I almost had the maze figued out. I thought dirt. Didn't see the rocks. But had the throwing of something right.

Again with the Middle Ages village and the secret room/passage. Sure.

Adria seems to have "grown" into her mother's former clothing taste. Poor baby. I had the old guy pegged for an Ancient. Well, not exactly close...<shrug>

It was nice to see the team together for a bit. I'm sure the addition of Baal - where's the flange? - will come to fruition in part two. Adria also.

Smaug she is guarding his treasure!

I xpected to spend more time Pythoning it. Instead I got to comment on The Hobbit and Indiana Jones (with a dash of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone)! They are branching out!

Dani, that "Starting with her" comment was definitely aimed at Sam.

I hadn't really been spoiled except by the previews so didn't have a lot of preconceived ideas. While this episode wasn't bad it seemed rather surface-y. It better pay off big in part 2. Not that I hold out much hope.

Overall, I don't think I'll care that it will take Sci-Fi six months to show more new SG-1. As long as it's better the The Fourth Horseman II turned out to be.

Suse
    3<yawns>/5
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Holy Crap, teriffic. The Daniel/Adria thing was incredible.

I'll post more stuff tommorow, im kidna tired.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I have to admit that tonight's episode was definatly the best of the season. I agree with what everyone has said about the character development and the way the team worked together. I just absolutly loved Daniel in this episode. It just showes the character that I personally fell in love with. He's been a little off this season, but with this episode he's back in full force.

All in all i give this episode a 10/10. I can't wait to see the second part of this episode even if we do have to wait until March to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          I really enjoyed this episode! I loved the team working together. I've really missed seeing them all on screen at the same time. The maze (to get around the time dialation) was cool. I thought it was a nice combination of Vala's off the cuff remarks and Sam's know how that got them through that portion. Again, Amanda and Claudia did a great job showing friendship even when it wasn't exactly written in (loved that moment at the end of the maze where Vala patted Sam on the back).

I loved that it was Daniel who jumped to Sam's defense when Adria threatened her life. It was nice to see that friendship again. We haven't seen it much since season 8, and I missed it. I loved Teal'c's one word answers getting through the cave. It was just so Teal'c. It only made sense for Daniel's faith to be what got them through the fire. I also really enjoyed the bits after rescuing Ba'al and again after "teaming" with Adria where Sam and Cameron discussed how they could be useful. It was nice to see the two colonels looking at the situation from a strategic view point.

Now, can I just say Adria and Ba'al should team up! They would make an awesome evil duet! I really enjoyed Sam telling them to "get a room."

I don't think I can wait for March, and I know there are way too many stories to tell for this to be the final season. We need more SG1 please!
          I loved this episode and I agree with you on more SG-1. But I thought she threatend Vala?!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
            I loved this episode and I agree with you on more SG-1. But I thought she threatend Vala?!
            No, Adria was threatening Sam's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              Why would she threaten her own mother, she doesn't want her dead. It was Sam that she threatened.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                Now, can I just say Adria and Ba'al should team up! They would make an awesome evil duet! I really enjoyed Sam telling them to "get a room."
                What beautiful babies they would make! An attractive and utterly evil Harcesis/Orici hybrid. Now that would be an enemy!

Also, agree that it was Sam that Adria was threatening. Adria definitely wants to "save" her mother by bringing her to Origin, as she states as they are walking through the caves.

Is it wrong that my favorite part is when Sam figures out to throw the rocks to find their way through the maze. Sam's so awesome that she can solve any problem with only a rock!

Argh ... six months until I get to see what the Sangraal actually is!

Comment

i enjoyed this episode. everyone had a nice part to play.

i LOL'd at vala moving past mitchell so fast that she almost knocked him over (while in the cave and just before the fire).

i LOVED smart sam figuring out their first maze.

vala was cute.

i am sooooo appreciating ben's calmer mitchell.

the only complaint i've got is mitchell saying 'for crying out loud'. not because it didn't fit or anything, but just that that's a BIG time jackism.

oh, another slightish complaint. why did sam say to baal and adria to get a room? i didn't find their banter flirtish at all, and i'm a huge shipper.

i loved the sam-vala bits.

daniel was groovy.

baal is sexy. i don't want to like him (he tortured and murdered jack, over and over), but dang, he's sexy. and more realistic than any other goauld.

i didn't swoon over this ep, but i enjoyed it.

on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being best: 7.25

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Great episode with real team moments and dare i say real ancients? I thought they were going to be revealed to be Asurans. Nice to see the destroyer of worlds lady again. This episode had a, "Within the Serpent's Grasp," kind of feel to it. Anyway just like the SG-1 episode it was a set up episode which is going to have a great second part i'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      oh, another slightish complaint. why did sam say to baal and adria to get a room? i didn't find their banter flirtish at all, and i'm a huge shipper.
                      I've heard people say that when two people are arguing, even if the actual conversation isn't flirty. It goes along with the idea if two people take the time to bicker that much, they're probably hiding some deep attraction.

Or, it's just a thing that some people say when two people won't stop fighting.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This is my first time here, and I am here to only voice my utter annoyance at the two episodes aired tonight..... SG-1, and Atlantis......
                        My thoughts are, how dare they leave it like that when they have cancelled the series and do not intent to air the already completed episodes for another SIX months? WTF is with that? What the hell is MGM/SciFi thinking?
                        I think new management of both responsible parties is in order...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          baal is sexy. i don't want to like him (he tortured and murdered jack, over and over)
                          Come to think of it...what did the knives look like that he used to torture Jack in S6? Since I couldn't remember what they looked like, those knives were the first thing I thought about when they were in the forcefield and Ba'al said that the knife had personal value and Daniel kind of made a face.

Comment

Originally posted by Racingtime
                            Come to think of it...what did the knives look like that he used to torture Jack in S6? Since I couldn't remember what they looked like, those knives were the first thing I thought about when they were in the forcefield and Ba'al said that the knife had personal value and Daniel kind of made a face.

I don't think Ba'al would keep the knives he used on Jack as a "sentimental" keepsake. But it does bring up the question of why would that particular knife be special to Ba'al. Think of it...He didn't want to give it up even to save his own life. Anyone have an idea on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by iluvdaniel

I can't wait to see the second part of this episode even if we do have to wait until March to see it.
                              you know, i'm not feeling that 'i can't wait to see the conclusion!'. i enjoyed this ep, though.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                                I xpected to spend more time Pythoning it. Instead I got to comment on The Hobbit and Indiana Jones (with a dash of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone)! They are branching out!
                                No Xena?! You're slipping.

The village set needs to be burned. Yesterday.

Team interaction and contribution: Yay. However, I would have liked a bit more of substance from Teal'c and Mitchell. Honestly, there were too many people, I think. (Baal??) The writers tired themselves out, methinks. At about the halfway mark, they seemed to give up and just let Daniel have the remainder of the ep.

Overly-bouncy Vala: Nay. She had good moments, then got to be too much.

Not bad, I guess, but it didn't necessarily feel like scifi... more like fantasy with machine guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X