No announcement yet.

The Quest, Part 1 (1010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic episode!!! It was wonderful in so many ways.

1. I loved the team dynamic. Everyone had a job and fulfilled the five virtues together. I even loved Ba'al and Adria as part of the group intent on finding the Grail.

2. Daniel rocked in this episode. His conversation with Adria was wonderful, and I agree that I love him in archeologist mode.

3. Vala is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. I enjoy her presence on the team. The mask scene was reminiscent of early Daniel. By now, Daniel acts far more military than he used to, so it is Vala's turn to come flying around corners to figure out puzzles, even if she had help.

4. The old man as Adria was a great twist. I was expecting the old man to be yet another cryptic ancient, so I was pleased when I was wrong.

5. The Dragon looks fantastic. If he could only eat Ba'al, I would be truly happy.

I can't think of any drawbacks to the episode right now. I even liked the "get a room" remark because it was describing Ba'al's attempts to flirt in order to achieve more power.

10/10!

However, I would like to feed the Scifi execs to the dragon for making us wait until March for Part 2, and I would like to make them shovel much dragon dung for cancelling SG-1.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

SG-1 is starting to get really lame. I like the Arthurian mythology okay, but the dragon was just embarrassing to watch. I expected more out of the big finale.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I loved this episode. A great way to close out the first half of this season IMO. What a cliffhanger too. I definitely give this one a 9.5/10. Like some have already said though, this 6-month wait is going to be a killer. The team really worked well together in this one, and I really enjoyed seeing Ba'al and Adria thrown into the mix as they were.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          So, am I crazy? Did my eyes deceive me? Or, was the team actually together for the episode?
          I wasn't sure how this episode would turn out but I really liked it. One of my favorite for Season 10 now because yes, the team was finally together. I didn't see them paired off (and no shipping!!), I saw a lot of different interactions, I saw real concern for one another. I liked that Daniel didn't hesitate to yell out no when Adria threatened Sam and that both Sam and Mitchell yelled out for Daniel when he went through the fire. I even liked the little back pat that Vala gave Sam after Sam got them through the maze (along with when she put her head on Sam's shoulder in the beginning). This is the kind of teamwork that I miss and wish they would do more of.

Some people on another board were speculating that the 5 virtues were going to be used by each individual team member and were trying to figure out which person embodied which virtue. But, instead it was them all working together.I like when they have to work things out like that.
          I was speculating that it might be a virtue for each of them since there were five virtues in another thread and I was really happy with the way they did it instead because I again liked how everyone played a role and worked together to get through it.

Okay, I knew Osric was going to be Adria (me love spoilers) and that Daniel would hone in on it because of the ring and the Ori words, but when did he get a chance to convey that to the others?
          I knew it too and was happy with the way they showed the team (though especially Daniel) figuring it out gradually.

When Adria said she'd start killing members of the team, starting with "her" was she talking about Sam? I couldn't tell who she was gesturing to, but she seems to want to protect Vala.
          I think someone else mentioned this but yeah it was Sam which I'm glad about and like I said, I liked the way Daniel right away protested that.

And, exactly what was his purpose in this episode? To tag along, and get a "get a room" snark? Pointless. You don't just stick Ba'al in an episode.
          Don't know about this episode but unless he was lying, he'll hopefully have the name of the dragon in Part 2.

Didn't give Teal'c much of anything to do.
          Dont' know if someone will post before I get a chance to but in answer to your other post, Teal'c answered the "wind" riddle. I like that he at least had little moments to help out along with that too (and I liked his responses to Ba'al).

I might have missed something, but the beginning when Daniel was trying to find the address, Mitchell and Teal'c seemed off. Like they were trying to get away so they wouldn't have to hear him go on.
          Mitchell did seem like he wanted to get away before Daniel could start talking but Teal'c actually puts his arm in front of Mitchell preventing him from leaving after he asks about Daniel.

Anyway, overall impression? Like having the team together. Like that the problem and solution came from then using their brains and courage.
          Yes, I agree. It turned out much better than I expected.

Comment

A good, well-written cliffhanger episode. A solid 8/10.

The only problems I have with it are:

A) Those actors in the "temporal trap" were moving like crazy.
            B) Ba'al had no purpose.
            C) The Cliffhanger!
            Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Originally posted by bumontheroad
              sweet...dragon...*drools*

now all i'm wondering is what Sg-1's gonna do with Baal and Adria once they get the Sangraal.
              They'll find a way to ditch them.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I can't believe I have to wait six months for the season to start back.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                  The mask scene was reminiscent of early Daniel.

Mask scene?

I got a chance to see the very start, and Teal'c did ask how his search was coming. But, where did Mitchell say he and Teal'c were going? I've listened 3 times, and can't make it out.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This was an episode that reminded me of the "good old days". There is still life in it yet.

*Kicks Skiffy execs*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Mask scene?

I got a chance to see the very start, and Teal'c did ask how his search was coming. But, where did Mitchell say he and Teal'c were going? I've listened 3 times, and can't make it out.
                      I think he said they were going out to get some Szechwan, which is an asian style food. Pretty good too, if you've never had it, I suggest it.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Oh, I thought this was a wonderful episode. I loved the "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" feeling it had. I loved all of Morgen's traps and how each one had to be solved. I loved the time-distortion maze and the charity ring, as well as all the riddles and the fire at the end. And I wonder if it really is a Dragon about to blast them all to hell and brimestone? Doubtful, but that would have been really cool. lol

I loved the character interactions, too. Not only between the team, but between Ba'al and even Adria. I loved how even she came up with one of the answers to the riddles and how tense she sounded. I really hate her, but she makes SUCH a good enemy. Too bad Daniel didn't shoot her at the end, though. *sigh* That would have been too easy, I guess.

Man, I just loved this episode. Six months is going to drive me bloody wonky. Man, the people I work with are going to hate me... not to mention Parents. Great episode! I am so happy I wasn't disappointed, because I really was afraid I would be. So, yay!
                        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Mask scene?

At the beginning of the episode, Vala comes running in with a beauty mask on her face. She has to move it when speaking to Daniel, and it holds back her hair while Sam test the cominations for the planet's address. I don't remember the technial name for those masks. They are like putting an ice pack on the face, sort of.
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

yeah, i noticed that the people who were frozen in time just happened to be swaying a little, too, but I don't think that this episode should get the death penalty for that. Great episode

Comment

Originally posted by sharkface217
                              A good, well-written cliffhanger episode. A solid 8/10.

The only problems I have with it are:

A) Those actors in the "temporal trap" were moving like crazy.
                              B) Ba'al had no purpose.
                              C) The Cliffhanger!
                              A) I give them a lot of credit for being as still as they were. It's hard to stay still like that;

B) Let's wait for Part 2 - don't forget, he supposedly knows the name of the guardian (dragon);

C) I like the cliffhanger personally.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by bumontheroad
                                yeah, i noticed that the people who were frozen in time just happened to be swaying a little, too, but I don't think that this episode should get the death penalty for that. Great episode
                                I also noticed that Carter and the team were getting uncomfortably close to most of those people, a mere inches away. If I were in their situation, I would try to stay as far away as possible.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Working...
                                X