The Quest, Part 1 (1010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    I hope not. I want a cyborg minimum. With a dodgy tailpipe. Then they could shove Adria up it.
    You know what could be cool (and therefore will never happen)?

They find out how to defeat the mini-dragonesque like creature. Too easy. Except now, a slightly larger, more menacing one appears. They defeat that one too. A little more difficult but still no sweat. And a third appears...bigger, meaner, smarter. And as they fight it, they start to realize that their strategy for conquering the beasts follow the wrong train of thought because every time they think they've won a newer, bigger version appears.

So they find the real problem and solve it, and the really big, bad dragon disappears because he was merely a physical representation of what their "real" obstacle was.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

They find out how to defeat the mini-dragonesque like creature. Too easy. Except now, a slightly larger, more menacing one appears. They defeat that one too. A little more difficult but still no sweat. And a third appears...bigger, meaner, smarter. And as they fight it, they start to realize that their strategy for conquering the beasts follow the wrong train of thought because every time they think they've won a newer, bigger version appears.

So they find the real problem and solve it, and the really big, bad dragon disappears because he was merely a physical representation of what their "real" obstacle was.
      Oooohh, thats a great idea! I like it! What do you think the chances are hmmmmm...I know I'm prehaps I'm being overly optomistic here but becuase the solution for Ba'al to just say the command word is SO obvious I'm hoping that they have thought of an really interesting way to deal with the dragon. Your idea is very neat
      AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
        Oooohh, thats a great idea! I like it! What do you think the chances are hmmmmm...I know I'm prehaps I'm being overly optomistic here but becuase the solution for Ba'al to just say the command word is SO obvious I'm hoping that they have thought of an really interesting way to deal with the dragon. Your idea is very neat
        Or it could be the baby dragon, and when they poke it and make it squeal its Momma comes and whups 'em all good. And Ba'al being a typical bully cries like a tantrumming toddler when he gets whupped, and his resulting Goa'uldy tears turn out to be magic and fizzle the Momma dragon to scaley-dust, and they all win and take the baby dragon home as a pet and it eats everything. Heh.
        scarimor

Comment

10/10 for this episode, shame about the cruel 6 month wait. i like the fact that adria lost her abilities inside the cave as it allows sg1 etc... to capture hr/kill her etc..

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
            What I don't understand is why didn't the test of faith require ALL the participants to show that faith.

Charity: Everyone gave up an item (but there's another issue about that particular puzzle that I won't go into right now)

Kindness: Everyone had to follow the kid and touch the gate in order for it to rise.

Wisdom: -sorta- required everyone to give an answer (or at least think about the puzzles).

Everyone showed prudence while they waited patiently for Sam to solve that time dilation field thing.

I think it'd have been much better if they show the team (and eventually the villains) follow Daniel's example and cross the wall of fire. It'd show their (SG-1's) trust in him. Although I guess it'd be too much to ask of the villains to trust Daniel solely based on his words. Still, I think it'd have been much more interesting if they cross the fire without knowing if he was right.. but their trust in him overcomes their doubts.
            Heh! I said that three pages or so ago but no one noticed. Well I didn`t say it as well as you though, but still. . .

<<pouts>>

Anyways,
            That one should have taken considerable time in the episode because it should be difficult if not impossible for the bad guys to be persuaded to go through. I just hope the second part won`t waste any time on things that could have been left aside to further this plot point. There was so much potential there.
            Fargater (n.) A Farscape fan who got curious about Stargate SG-1 on learning BB and CB would be joining, belatedly discovered the greatness of Stargate SG-1 in reruns, and who is now a happy fan of both shows.

Comment

it would be nice if the dragon escaped from the cave, dialed the stargate to earth, and ate all the executives at sci-fi

Comment

lol it would be very nice if it did but somehow i dont think that will happen daniel forgot they needed to speak the dragons name didnt he?

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why aren't there any official images for this episode anywhere??
                  sigpic

Comment

It was a very exciting episode! It was cool they had to go through all those challenges in order to get to the last obstacle. Just like a game. (if they do get merlins weapon) And if that was the last obstacle and the right planet.
                    Last edited by Candy; 01 October 2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Good episode! Could kind of see the Adria thing coming, but there were still some unexpected things in it too. Good stuff from everyone, although Teal'c was a little light. As always, Ba'al is great to see. The Dragon also looks very intriguing! Cant' wait til March!

Overall: ***
                      Spoiler:
                      Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I've seen it today for the 7th time and I still love it! really can't wait to see prt2

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

And the real solution to the problem is 'There Is No Dragon' of course

Comment

Ok could someone please post a picture of this Dragon, I want to see it, and I don't want to wait for the ep to play here in Australia!
                            The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                            Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

I really liked this Ep, I mean Quest was interesting and The Team was all together for most of the ep. The only Problems I has was to many people, the writers have said that the reason the team was always 4 people is thats four people are easier to writer for, here we had Seven people to balance, Danel was the Face of this Ep as much as anyone followed by Vala. I also wish for more Ball Oresis(sp?) Banter. I mean these are two people that should be looking for any chance to kill each other.

I hope the second half lives up to the first half.
                              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate
                                Ok could someone please post a picture of this Dragon, I want to see it, and I don't want to wait for the ep to play here in Australia!
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...1%5F0851tb.jpg

I'm not sure what to think of it really, I've seen better...but I suppose amazing CGI isn't everything.
                                AncientsTimeline

Comment

Working...
                                X