No announcement yet.

200 (1006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd laugh through this entire episode. And boy was I right. I thought this was a great way for TPTB and the actors to celebrate their 200th episode. Great job to all involved IMO. This truly was a "love letter" of sorts to us fans. I give it a 10/10 for what it meant to be. I still can't get over the Furlings. That was so great.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
      Oh, and someone mentioned a BSG parody? Was it the "one glaring omission" line?
      That was me, and unless I'm mistaken it was that whole thing with the younger characters. I can only base my theories on previews for BSG and from people who I know that never shut up about it...
      My new favorite quote:
      "Fly Lucius, fly"
      -Rodney
      My old favorite:
      "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
      -Dr. Lee

Comment

I feel the need to draw attention to the codpiece Teal'c was wearing in the Wizard of Oz scene, because that was all kinds of humorous. Also, Daniel-the-Lion's ultra bored look and the coffee mug just sold that shot for me.

Also, I feel like kind of a dork for liking the way they mention the title sequence before going to it, actually using the phrase "the act just ends", things like that.

And Mitchell's line about the viewers being sensitive, intelligent people who enjoy quality entertainment? Damn straight.
        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
        Spoiler:
        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

OMG, this episode was the BEST! To all the writers and directors I have slammed in the past - I take it all back! *HUGGLES ALL OF YOU*

Scary part is - I think they joked about just about every complaint we've ever brought up on the forums. TPTB obviously spend way too much time lurking.

Thanks again folks. This was a gem!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kem Rixen
            That was me, and unless I'm mistaken it was that whole thing with the younger characters. I can only base my theories on previews for BSG and from people who I know that never shut up about it...
            I didn't think that was a BSG takeoff. I thougt it was an OC or Dawson's Creek ripoff.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

..I usually don't post these on the same night of viewing, but couldn't resist this time...

For starters, I had 2 versions of the intro sequence at both *live* viewings.
              2nd viewing reaction first (not to give away the obvious just yet)...

"need a strong title sequence..."
              "..are you kidding? no one does that any more. Just throw up the title and be done with it.."
              {Stargate SG-1 suddenly flashes on screen with stargate in whoosh mode. END, snip}

ummm - was that a (crack) commentary by certain PTB against a certain other TPTB...??

1st reaction (same scene) --
              my reaction..
              .. "*whaaaaat?!!* that was *EVIL*..!!
              2 seconds - if that?
              ...worse than the 8 second title sequence from last year. Maybe it was just a Station Break {network} announcement..."

re: Act 3 --
              "what happens at the end of Act 3..?"
              "Act 3 just ends"
              -- CUT -- commercial ...!!
              hee-hee, that was as bad (mean / cruel, *playfully* evil) as the intro *title* sequence!

re: Vala's little {sighing} comment "well - never saw that one coming.."
              Sam: "it's in the commercial..."
              reaction - *riiiiiiiiight!*
              wrong preview.
              ...now, how's that for deceptive advertising???

As for the special "Inside Sci-Fi..." preview before the show started: all Black icing on the cake??
              couldn't they at least put some sprinkly *sprinkles* stars on it, or was that not visible to a standard TV screen?

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                I didn't think that was a BSG takeoff. I thougt it was an OC or Dawson's Creek ripoff.
                Why in the world would that spoof that sort of TV show? Their audience is science fiction fans. Besides the Wizard of Oz which is referenced too in nearly every episode, everything was a sci fi spoof (except Gilligans Island, but that was only one line).
                My new favorite quote:
                "Fly Lucius, fly"
                -Rodney
                My old favorite:
                "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                -Dr. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  OMG, this episode was the BEST! To all the writers and directors I have slammed in the past - I take it all back! *HUGGLES ALL OF YOU*

Scary part is - I think they joked about just about every complaint we've ever brought up on the forums. TPTB obviously spend way too much time lurking.

Thanks again folks. This was a gem!
                  Indeed, it was the best.

And yes, I definitely think TPTB are more than aware of the various complaints fans have about this show. They may not always follow what people suggest, but they do listen.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No.....no, no, no. That was not a BSG parody lol, sorry. All the actors are really old and things are crazy serious (not in the "I'm pregnant" sort of way). As someone else pointed out it was more of an OC parody. But definitely not a BSG one.

Comment

Mitchell should of yelled "daddy" when Jack showed up... lol that would of been funny to see... I loved this episode, im watching the repeat right now.

Comment

Hmm...this ep worked in some areas and missed in others. Overall it was better and funnier than I thought it was going to be, I just wish it was more consistent.

Great stuff:
                        -invisible Jack. Best clip of the entire ep.
                        -the edgier SG1.
                        -various comments during the script discussions especially Teal'c's "I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."

Not so great stuff:
                        -the puppet spoof. Way too long.
                        -the ending with the fake interviews was an odd way to end the ep. Also way too long. (Was that PDL? And was Martin Wood in there as well?)
                        -the wedding. Just didn't see the point.

All in all I think this ep is targeted at the hardcore Stargate fan (i.e. - anyone posting on this board ), but I don't really think it's going to appeal to casual or new viewers. There's no way they're going to get all the inside jokes, especially the slew at the end (12 hits a month! Bwa! ) and I think it's more likely to distance them from the show than bring them in. My prediction: ratings may be up for this ep but next week it'll be back down again.

(Was there really supposed to be a BSG parody? Where was it?)

Comment

The first thing I thought of when they said they wanted to replace them with "edgier" younger people was the new James Bond movie. But I could go with with BSG too, since they didn't want to remake the new series with the ORIGINAL stars of BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1niner
                            Mitchell should of yelled "daddy" when Jack showed up... lol that would of been funny to see... I loved this episode, im watching the repeat right now.
                            As am I. My favorite part is coming up, "Chevron 7...also lit up." LMAO

Originally posted by nccjones
                            The first thing I thought of when they said they wanted to replace them with "edgier" younger people was the new James Bond movie. But I could go with with BSG too, since they didn't want to remake the new series with the ORIGINAL stars of BSG.
                            Yes, but the new actors weren't younger (or edgier) than the originals were when they played the parts.

Sorry guys, I'm a huge BSG fan and I cannot see that part as a BSG parody. It just doesn't line up. If they were then Young Teal'c would have said "I would totally frak that" instead of "tap that".

Comment

Maybe they were spoofing mini-teams?

Comment

I missed the BSG spoof...lol

But don't forget that one scene after the commercial break where its like Teal'c CSI or whatever and he kicks the crap out of some guy and then says ...In-deed...

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X