Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definetely can't wait for next week!

Comment

there did i great job tieing in everything from the space battle and the ori ships look cool especially on a planet

adria is going to be cool

i'm really looking froward to this season great start
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

not bad, not fantastic. little draggy in places and, imho, very much a simple

let's put all the toys away from last season and get our clothes out so we can be ready for the next 19

no awe inspriring revelations, not moments...just a way to kill an hour

I think the biggest thrill i had was when the atlantis credits rolled and i saw Kavan's name
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gotta love that Will Waring! I thought he crammed more action and cuts into this one ep than almost all of last season combined. In fact, there was so much backstory and explanatory exposition that I thought someone new to the show might get seriously lost early on. I'm not sure they can keep up this pace, or would want to, but it was much more entertaining to me than all the old memory-wiping machine and space corn stories of last season combined.

I'm glad the kid is growing up radically fast. I hate super-baby stories, but it looks like she'll be an adult by next week and just another full-grown adversary they must outwit all season long. I can live with that.

What is Sam's job this season supposed to be exactly? I mean, her purpose? Everyone else seems to have a seasonal story arc all laid out by this first ep except her. Even Kvasir has some of her usual "saves the day" techniques in her place. Maybe we are seeing the birth of Super!Kvasir instead of Super!Sam??

Comment

I liked it, definitely much, much better than last years... now I just need some more mentions of Jack and I'm a happy camper.

At the beg of the ep I had the sensation that it was a movie based on SG-1, but then when our characters started to get together I had the feeling that we were back to my TV show...

Loved, Sam, liked Vala, loved the Daniel is dead again thing... Teal'c plssss he has no more symbiot give him a break with the torture we can really loose him now... and Cam... definitely better written...

Looking forward for more SG-1!!!! or SG-1 + 1

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              Okay, I might have missed it, but why couldn't they beam Daniel up before they did? Like, as soon as they found out he was on the ship? And, except for a couple of mentions, didn't seem to be much thought about him. *blatantly ignoring any potential cracks about my interest in having the team concerned about Daniel* Well, Sam did seem happy to hear from him.

Speaking of ships, I still find stories that happen on them to be dull. Booring.

What, did the producers decide that Teal'c hadn't been getting his full share of being captured and tortured?

Kvasir! Saving Sam. Working with Sam. I'm telling you it's love, love baby!

Ugh. Still hate the Ori, hate the whole baby thing. Hate the phrasing. Couldn't Vala's husband (what'shisface) say he wanted to save her instead of her soul? Or just stick to saying they want people to be on the path to enlightenment instead of salvation? And, not say anything is blasphemy? But, it was good to hear them talk about genetically altering Adria, and that she wasn't actually Ori, but created to be as close as possible, and not in their image, but in human's image. And, mentioning the battle between the Ancients, that she thinks the Ori need to destroy people to defend themselves from the Ancients. Plus, having Adria thinking that the Jaffa could be turned to origin, but still wanting to kill them.

Not much stood out. Like I said, ships don't interest me. Ori don't interest and disturb me.

Hopefully next week will have less Ori, and more team together for majority of the episode.
              No one seemed to care too much about the possible demise of Daniel is probably b/c Daniel dies like every other week & then BAM, he's back. Even Jack said he was going to stop mourning Daniel (Threads) because just as you start saying nice things about him at his funeral, he turns up the next day.

* I would have loved to see more of the second little Adria. Little kids who play evil (for lack of a better adjective) are just more interesting then adults. Bacause to an adult mind they still possess? a type of innocence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Okay, I might have missed it, but why couldn't they beam Daniel up before they did? Like, as soon as they found out he was on the ship? And, except for a couple of mentions, didn't seem to be much thought about him. *blatantly ignoring any potential cracks about my interest in having the team concerned about Daniel* Well, Sam did seem happy to hear from him.

Speaking of ships, I still find stories that happen on them to be dull. Booring.

What, did the producers decide that Teal'c hadn't been getting his full share of being captured and tortured?

Kvasir! Saving Sam. Working with Sam. I'm telling you it's love, love baby!

Ugh. Still hate the Ori, hate the whole baby thing. Hate the phrasing. Couldn't Vala's husband (what'shisface) say he wanted to save her instead of her soul? Or just stick to saying they want people to be on the path to enlightenment instead of salvation? And, not say anything is blasphemy? But, it was good to hear them talk about genetically altering Adria, and that she wasn't actually Ori, but created to be as close as possible, and not in their image, but in human's image. And, mentioning the battle between the Ancients, that she thinks the Ori need to destroy people to defend themselves from the Ancients. Plus, having Adria thinking that the Jaffa could be turned to origin, but still wanting to kill them.

Not much stood out. Like I said, ships don't interest me. Ori don't interest and disturb me.

Hopefully next week will have less Ori, and more team together for majority of the episode.
                well one they were repairing the beaming technology and two he said he was busy. The reason sam gave for going back was to find daniel she seamed pretty worried about him to me as did the rest of the team. Also they were kinda preoccupied by the fact that 4 ori ships have entered are galaxy and are bent on domination over it.

I dunno I think the beaming factor and what not is quite entertaining. I think most episodes based on ships are all about BLOWING UP STUFF but not this one. Granted there was some explosions but there was also an amazingly entertaining story. So if you are saying that this was "boring" because it had no story and only explosions I completely disagree. however if you don't like them for a different reason then I appologize for jumping to conclusions.

Yep, I guess they did or perhaps they figure it was an appropriate response for the Lucian alliance to have.

There is one crucial piece missing and that is sex drive, I don't believe he has any. (Do we even know that he is a he?)

I thought the "baby thing" was actualy pretty freaking cool. Her eyes were very interesting I suppose it was all that evil leaking through. I think the youngest was the scariest simply because it was a little girl speaking the word of origin. The older she gets the less scary she gets IMO.

Why exactly don't you like the ori? what do you have against them?

I wouldn't count on it, seams the ori are a huge part of season 10. As for the "team together" I don't see a problem in that area.

Overall I thought it was a pretty damn good episode and I can't wait for the second half.
                sigpic

Comment

IMO, great way to start off Season 10. I am very pleased with how things have started, and can't wait to see what lies ahead. Adria is going to be a kick-a** foe, I'll tell you that. Long live SG-1!
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I nominate this best episode. EVER.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                      I nominate this best episode. EVER.
                      While I wouldn't quite say best ever, it is definitely high up there in my book. Great way to start this season, I'll tell you that. I thought everyone was great in it, including the various girls they had playing Adria. For young actresses, they did a fine job.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ho hum. Even boring.

The Ori ships look even more like contour toilet seats than I remember.

Too many Mitchell closeups.

Even the action sequences left me with the impression that the production's attitude was "Chop, chop, boys and girls! Hurry up! Must get through all the little sequences in this pot boiler!"

The whole episode seemed to be a choppy series of rather disjointed, generally predictable and strangely wooden vignettes, not a smoothly plotted, balanced, well-crafted and well-rounded story. Dramatic tension was poorly employed and was actually built just as high for starships as for people. The resolution of the characters' situations from the cliffhanger end of last season were executed with a sort of detached expendience, and merited no further mention once they had been achieved.

The result reminded me of nothing so much as an episode of some dreary, humdrum and predictable military soap opera, except that even soap operas generally manage to convey more fervor for their storyline(s) and more enthusiams for their craft.

A poor episode.
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quite enjoyable overall - good storyline.
                          Vala:"she's hell-bent on domination of the galaxy."
                          Daniel:"How old is she?"
                          Vala:"a few hours"
                          Now THAT'S evil!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                            I rather enjoy Adria. If they keep the character going with a sufficiently voiced gifted actor, I think she'll be a great focal for the season.
                            I'm a big fan of what limited work the actress has already done, and I can't wait to see her in this role.
                            "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              Quite enjoyable overall - good storyline.
                              Vala:"she's hell-bent on domination of the galaxy."
                              Daniel:"How old is she?"
                              Vala:"a few hours"
                              Now THAT'S evil!
                              Indeed!
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This episode sure has got my hopes up for s10. I do admit, I was surprised at how fast the Toilet-ships are...but at least some people finally got to see a. Ori fightercraft/landing craft (which pwned the Jaffa, mind you).

This episode seemed foreboding and darker than S-9. In S-9, it always was "It'll happen in the next episode." In this episode, it was like "It's happening NOW, and we're fu**ed." Maybe not the best in the whole SG universe, but if the rest of the series is like that, I'll be happy.
                                "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Working...
                                X