No announcement yet.

Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Excellent episode kick starting a very gd Series 10!

The mood of "we are getting beatern" was a greta twist as normally SG1 start a series with a win!

The highlight for me was the battle over Chulak (sp?) As i loved that unlike in the Camalot battle this time the battle was not all on one level. The best scene being when one hatak was escaping an oncoming ori ship only to be shot from "above" by another ori ship which came downwards from the top of frame!
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

has anyone ever noticed in this ep, when the oddysey is saving carter, that they say the oddysey has a "minimum speed" surely if something can stop, it must be able to go through all the speeds between being stopped and going fast right?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        has anyone ever noticed in this ep, when the oddysey is saving carter, that they say the oddysey has a "minimum speed" surely if something can stop, it must be able to go through all the speeds between being stopped and going fast right?
        Good point! But upon giving it some thought, I can only comment on how ship speeds are done in various Star Trek video games I've got. While you can either stop or go to 1-quarter impulse, there isn't a way of being between the two.

However, in real-science terms, you could quote the old adage of "A body in motion tends to stay in motion." Therefore, Odyssey could've probably fired one of it's thrusters for a brief time in order to achieve enough forward momentum to just drift along towards Carter. It probably wouldn't have been fast, but then that's what would've been needed.

It's a bit like that episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" when the Enterprise is stuck in an asteroid field which is sucking power from the engines and converting it into radiation. They get out by just using a quick burst from the impulse engines to get them started and then just use thrusters to make minor course corrections.
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe they didn't want the ship to just drift to Carter, so opted to have the engine on at all times so they have more control over where the ship is going?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Maybe they didn't want the ship to just drift to Carter, so opted to have the engine on at all times so they have more control over where the ship is going?
            That and, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't she running out of oxygen?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              That and, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't she running out of oxygen?
              Correct you are, there really wasn't any wiggle room.
              sigpic

Comment

Not a bad episode, and a reasonable start to the season.
                sigpic

Comment

I liked it very much, maybe for the 6 months of waiting....
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Of the kids who played young adria which did you prefer??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Of the kids who played young adria which did you prefer??
                      The second, absolutely, but the first is so, so cute!!! I didn't like at all the third.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

The second, absolutely, but the first is so, so cute!!! I didn't like at all the third.
                        Ah, but the third was so believably evil. I thought she was a fine young actress. If she hadn't been able to do 'evil of the ori in a human body', then Daniel wouldn't have been able to point the gun at her with any credibility.

Regarding the episode. I'm not usually a fan of space battles, but this one was chilling, sad and horrifying. It advanced the plot in a way that battles rarely do.

Comment

Shame we never saw a bit more of the battle between the Ori fighters and the gliders, or a bit of ground combat action between the Ori troops and the Jaffa on Chulak.

Comment

I just consciously realized for like the first time in three years since this first aired. Chekov died, didn't he? ...
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Yes, he did. But at least he finally got some action and died heroically.

Also, I know the scene with him in for this episode is a flashback to the previous episode but I actually wasn't expecting to see him again after that. So it's nice they gave him another little appearance.

On a related note, I thought it was kinda far-fetched that somehow in the middle of the Korolev exploding Daniel managed to ring off the ship. There hardly seemed time! Mitchell's escape seemed a bit more believable because you actually see everything blowing-up around his F-302 as it leaves the hangar.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's true, at least he died heroically. I just wish the poor guy had more than just one battle before his ship went down.

The Daniel flashbacks were a little unbelievable, but I guess the writers figured what the viewers have already known for seasons. 'Eh, it's Daniel...'
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X