No announcement yet.

Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that when the Oddysee showed up out of no where that kind of ruined the dramatic exit of season 9 where the Ori made sure that there were none left to tell the tale. I think that Bratac lost it abit in this ep also - I thought that was a bit stupid considering he's meant to be this all wise and powerful leader amonst the Jaffa High Council.

Overall, it was a nice intro to season 10 and a nice intro to Adria, who was terrifying. My favourite moment was when Daniel turns up on the Ori ship and finds Vala - Don't ask why, I just love the Danny/Vala moments.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith
      Can someone please remind me where Thor is? I cannot remember why they brought kasivir in. Its not exactly likes hes not available seeing as he is a puppet and michael shanks does the voice?
      Maybe they have to pay Shanks more money if he does Thor voiceovers? TBTB Solution-get a voiceover nobody, pay 'em pittance and hope people don't realise the one asgard puppet is probably ALL the asgard characters on the show.

Comment

you know the little fighters we see in this episode the ori ones

those ones well do any of yous think that we will actually see these again and if they have been in different episodes please tell me

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
          you know the little fighters we see in this episode the ori ones

those ones well do any of yous think that we will actually see these again and if they have been in different episodes please tell me
          They have yet to make a reappearance but I have no doubt we'll see them again.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            They have yet to make a reappearance but I have no doubt we'll see them again.
            Definitely in the last episode of season 10.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              I think that when the Oddysee showed up out of no where that kind of ruined the dramatic exit of season 9 where the Ori made sure that there were none left to tell the tale. I think that Bratac lost it abit in this ep also - I thought that was a bit stupid considering he's meant to be this all wise and powerful leader amonst the Jaffa High Council.

Overall, it was a nice intro to season 10 and a nice intro to Adria, who was terrifying. My favourite moment was when Daniel turns up on the Ori ship and finds Vala - Don't ask why, I just love the Danny/Vala moments.

Finally seen it!

I was quite surprised at Bra'tac, too - he's always come across as the level-headed one! On the other hand, he's a Jaffa Warrior of the highest order, and totally wedded to the principles of warrior-hood. He's just tried the only shot they had on an Ori ship - taking out two Ha'taks in the process - and it didn't work, so he's willing to do whatever it takes to knock out at least one of those Ori ships. Admittedly that means ramming one and dying gloriously (he hopes). Pity that didn't work either, though. Just as well Cam planted a beacon on him isn't it?

It's quite feasible that the Ori ships left a few of the vessels intact when they came through the Supergate - after all, while most of the ships were in bits once they'd been finished with, others were 'dead in the water' and left behind. The mess we saw at the end of S9 looked pretty final, but we only saw what was going on around the Supergate - chances are that Emerson withdrew the Odyssey once they were no longer able to contribute anything to the battle other than yet more debris and corpses. At least that way there's someone to keep tabs on the Ori, and to come back and look for survivors. Which they did.

It seems unlikely that the Ori would choose to chase down and destroy this one vessel given that it can't stop any of them - it can't even keep up with their ships, so why bother? It's possible that they also decided that a few witnesses to the overwhelming power of the Ori might come in handy to spread rumours across the Galaxy that we are all well stuffed.

Shame about the Korelev, though. Bye-Bye Chekov - we're gonna miss you, mate.

I thought Adria was interesting, too. Loved the eyes - weren't they creepy? Despite everything about her - she's Orici with everything that implies - she's also human, and wants her Mum to approve of her.

Of course, do we believe her view of the dispute between the Ori and the Ancients? Who really is telling the truth about that, then? Does the identity of the messenger validate the message? Orlin told us that the Ori were the baddies - Adria tells us that it's really the Ancients. Both are the product of extreme determination to get their message across, but who's the fibber? I imagine time (and the rest of S10) will tell.

Good to have you back, folks!
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't really like this episode,I guess I really do miss the older cast.
                It seems sam's place is not 1st anymore,which I am sure a few here might agree. *red face*
                It was an "okay" episode,but nothing I could re-watch again,whcih is a shame.
                But I look forward to the next episode...
                A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                  Don't know if anyone noticed and I'm too lazy to search for this, but there's a slight goof in this episode, when Sam is brought into the cargo hall by moving the ship around. Well the cargo hall was supposed to be in 0 gravity, while Sam was floating, and then the artifical gravity was turned on. Then why didn't all the boxes and containers, that were on shelves in the cargo hall, float around?
                  ... Magnets.

I liked this ep. It's good to know that i wasn't the only one who thought Bra'tac was acting oddly. And i'm also disappointed we didn't actually see teal'c getting tortured (again). Not that i enjoy that kind of stuff it's just... more dramatic. Makes me feel something again for a character who, along with sam, took a back seat in S9.

As for Mitchell... At least he was more... consistent! And Vala... I've really begun to like her. She has, to quote a random Asgard, greeeeeaaat potential.... IMO.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

vala said that one of the ori weapons paralized and that one killed just like the gould weapons ,copy!

Comment

^^It's somewhat of a standard for Sci-fi shows, anyway.
                      Bit late on my comments but you know the saying. I really enjoyed this. S9 wasn't that good IMHO but the finale was pretty awesome and I have to say, I really enjoyed Flesh and Blood, more so than it's Atlantis counterpart. For the last season, I always enjoyed Atlantis more and for me to enjoy SG-1 more, it must have been good.

I love the direction the show is going, the almost gothic style. The sets of the Ori ship were amazing and I'm finding myself enjoying the Ori now. At first, I thought it was just another cop-off of Anubis but now it's really evolving.

The episode was very engaging, thrilling and Mitch, I now love.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

i agree thay are fantaski ,I love vala and daniel in this episode

Comment

Well this episode starts the last season. We see all of the maincast survive (surprise) and that the bad guys are really bad and that they needed to be defeded and the situiation is very hopeless... *yawn*

I loved the Adria story Arc, taht is going to be really interesting. And Vala as mother is a nice change. I am really looking forward to it. Even if this whole thing is a really great reminder of the Jossverse.
                          Spoiler:
                          Vala is like Cordy and Adria is going to be Jasmine and Tomin looks like Mal/Nate *lol*
                          And great thing is that Morena Baccarin is in there then so more Jossgate
                          Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                          Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                          If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                          "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Originally posted by john44444444 View Post
                            vala said that one of the ori weapons paralized and that one killed just like the gould weapons ,copy!
                            The Ori and the Ancients use similar technology. The Goa'uld probably copied it from the Ancients.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

I liked the episode, it wasn't the strongest opener but I still liked it.

I loved all the Denial/Vala scenes, I loved all of Vala's scenes infact. I liked Mitchell, Sam, Teal'c too. Bra'tac was acting a bit odd to me, but I get the feeling that he might have given up (thought it was easier to die with honor rather then fight this battle) on a unconscious level.

I like the Cam/Sam handshake but I wish it had been hand holding instead. Friends can hold hands without it being romactic and that's what I wanted.

I loved Sam not believing Daniel was dead, it felt like another joke about the amoutn of times danny has died without staying dead.

I thought Adria was interesting, can't wait to see more of her. I hope being human and oriri(SP) comes into play (her bond with Vala). OUt of the three actress who played Adria I think I like the second one best, the youngest one was super cute and the teen one was nice too.
                              Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Didn't realise the actress for little Adria was the same as the lassy from Silent Hill. Nice little actress she is and very suited for the role.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X