Uninvited (1005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
    Coming from someone who used to be an avid hunter...(I'm not anymore) Most hunters don't wear those vests because though it may make other hunters aware of your presence, it makes animals aware of your presence too. Seeing how most animals are either startled by bright colors or have their attention drawn to them, or in this case a mutant, it doesn't help you much in keeping yourself concealed from your quarey. It draws attention to your presence. I don't know about you but i don't want to make it easier for a mutant to see me in the woods.
    True, it all depends on what kind of beast the creature used to be. Elk and Deer are colorblind, and thus won't see the bright color because it just melds in with everything else. Some animals, like wild turkeys for example, see color so wearing orange while hunting them would be a bad idea.
    Colorado law states you need orange on your head, and I forget how much, but something like 20 square inches of visible day-glow orange on your body while elk hunting. Camo orange isn't allowed either.
    But these guys weren't elk hunting so they were probably fine. But when the first hunter showed up asking mitchell for help I was kinda like... eh... orange?

It looked like a mutant bear to me, can bears see color? Goodness, I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by gate traveler
      I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I'm pretty sure that the "scanners" that they were using at the end of the episode were actually PSP's.
      Yes! They were! I didn't notice it at first and it had to be pointed out to me, but we all thought that was very funny. Good catch!

Oh yes and... Hooray Beer!

Comment

Where in the world are people getting that this episode solidified co-command with Cam and Carter? I thought just the opposite, that Landry was saying that Sg-1 was Mitchell's team and he had to deal with them since that's the team he wanted and brought back together. Carter wasn't even brought up.

Comment

MITCHELL: I'm just used to a clearer chain of command.

LANDRY: You could have picked any team you wanted. You chose to make it your personal mission to get Colonel Carter, Doctor Jackson, and Teal'c back together.

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing at the way they just plop down to the ground. No twitching, no flab jiggling about when they hit the ground, they just went down like a boulder.

Comment

Quick question about the epi. What was the name of the people who created the cloaking technology? Every time someone mentioned the name, it sounded different to me!

I'm really curious as to how it's really pronounced.
              Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e-dog
                Quick question about the epi. What was the name of the people who created the cloaking technology? Every time someone mentioned the name, it sounded different to me!

Do you mean the Sodan?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by e-dog

Well, they have several names. Alterans, Lanteans, we mostly call them the Ancients. (ok, not funny).

The people you're thinking of didn't make the cloaking technology, they just employed it. And their name is the Sodan (pronounced So-dan, just the way it looks).
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I've really enjoyed this season so far and this episode has continued the winning streak for me. I have a few minor nitpicks but overall it was a great character episode. It's the first time that we really got to see anything from Landy other than him being the general and him and Mitchell were great together. I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing Sam in command at the SGC and I'd like to see it again. Soon. The poker game at the end was fantastic though it wasn't quite whole without Daniel there. His abscence is glaring. I know he's taking time off for personal reasons and that's wonderful for him but the show is missing something without him there. Vala has grown on me this season and I'm really starting to grow to like her character quite a bit but the arrogant, greedy, opportunistic, gung ho Vala gets old really quickly. It's fine in small doses but she's really been building some character and I hope that they don't back track to early season 9 Vala.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Just a little FYI type of post. After watching the scene between Mitchell and Landry talking about the 'whistling duck' I was left wondering if Landry was having a go at Mitchell with a fictional animal - you know like a 'snipe', 'jack-o-lope' or a 'white-bellied snow snake'. So I had to google it. Cool! The 'fulvus whistling duck' is real! Um... but Landry might have still be having a go at Mitchell. It's not that rare (population is listed as stable) and it's breeding grounds in the US are along the gulf coast and one small area of southern California. Year round habitate is in tropical regions so... Yeah! It would definitely be rare in Colorado! (Though it has been rarely sighted as far north as BC and Nova Scotia)

Okay, TMI - I'm geeky. Shutting up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                        Well, they have several names. Alterans, Lanteans, we mostly call them the Ancients. (ok, not funny).

The people you're thinking of didn't make the cloaking technology, they just employed it. And their name is the Sodan (pronounced So-dan, just the way it looks).
                        That's it! So they just employed it. Got it. Thanks!
                        Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maj_Cliffhanger
                          Just a little FYI type of post. After watching the scene between Mitchell and Landry talking about the 'whistling duck' I was left wondering if Landry was having a go at Mitchell with a fictional animal - you know like a 'snipe', 'jack-o-lope' or a 'white-bellied snow snake'. So I had to google it. Cool! The 'fulvus whistling duck' is real! Um... but Landry might have still be having a go at Mitchell. It's not that rare (population is listed as stable) and it's breeding grounds in the US are along the gulf coast and one small area of southern California. Year round habitate is in tropical regions so... Yeah! It would definitely be rare in Colorado! (Though it has been rarely sighted as far north as BC and Nova Scotia)

Okay, TMI - I'm geeky. Shutting up now.
                          You just beat me here! My husband is an avid birdwatcher and as soon as they said the fulvous whistling duck, he said, "They're not found there!" Neither CO nor MN depending on where we are in that discussion. But hubby said it was so nice to see birdwatching in Stargate.

We enjoyed ep. But I must admit we laughed way too loud when that beast took out the guy at the truck. It seemed very Monty Pythonish. I think it was meant to be Stargate SG-1 hidden humor, like, it's there, but they don't put it up front.

Comment

I didn't have time to read all the posts for this episode, but did anyone else REALLY not enjoy this ep? IMO, I think it was one of the worst eps they've done. I enjoyed the end, but I felt they seemed to push it a little too hard. I think Landry needs to lighten up a bit. I mean... he keeps telling Cam to relax, but I think the Gen's the one who could use a chill pill. I know that was meant as some of the humor, but really... come on.
                            I also really hate cheesey animal stories....

Anywho! That's just my oppinion. Wonderin if anyone else felt the same.

Things I've learned from Uninvited:

1. I'm never going camping again... lol

2. Cam needs to take up a hobbie

3. Either Poker is a universal game or Vala learns REALLY fast!

4. Sam's not much of a gambler, but can be pretty competitive
                            Last edited by -Jules-; 12 August 2006, 05:58 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
                              I didn't have time to read all the posts for this episode, but did anyone else REALLY not enjoy this ep?
                              I didn't like it either. I actually find Landry/Mitchell scenes extremely boring. I agree there were a couple funny moments but overall the ep seemed forced. And not having Jack's cabin in Minnesota *really* bothers me. Not sure exactly why really, it seems like such a small detail, but it does.

~I'm Just Sayin'~

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Who is that new doc? I've just seen that actor in something else, but I can't place her. It's bugging me.
                                She's played by Keegan Connor Tracy. She appeared in several episodes of Jake 2.0 and The 4400, but she is probably most famous for being the woman who was impailed in the head by a PVC pipe in Final Destination 2.
                                Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Working...
                                X