The Pegasus Project (1003)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i have 15 minutes before this ep comes on for me. but i have a question about the eps that follow this one.

Spoiler:
    is daniel in eps 4 and 5?

sally

Spoiler:
    No, I think those are two of his 4 missed episodes. But, confirm that with someone else first.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

there was clapping at my house when that ori ship blew. i've been watching since the beginning (seen every ep somehow without having showtime or the scifi channel) and i loved this ep! i am so glad that Daniel let Morgan and all of the ancients have it for hanging us lowly humans out to dry. they're the ones that left this mess lying around. sure SG1 stirred it up a bit, but should we be left alone to clean it up?
      "So, T, who you taking to the cup?"

Comment

I also loved Daniel in this episode after years of the ancient bullcrap he finally got fed up with it and it shows.

Great progression in the character IMHO.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i have 15 minutes before this ep comes on for me. but i have a question about the eps that follow this one.

Spoiler:
          is daniel in eps 4 and 5?

sally
          Hmmm, good question.
          Spoiler:
          There's no mention of him in spoilers or pics. Probably just a couple of the ones he's not in like we heard about.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Around 57 minutes into it..
            Spoiler:
            THAT WAS A KAWOOSH!
            That's a trade off. Anyone else think that Ben Browder likes sling shotting ships using large gravity field wielding objects?

edit: I'm trying to read all the posts up to mine, but the server is SLOW. Too much fandom.
            Green me as you see fit.

Comment

This episode was AWESOME! Been watching both shows since the movie and this is what SG is all about! I loved everything about the episode from the storyline to the character interactions to the effects! I must honestly say that I am starting to like Vala a lot. I was completely against her at first but I am starting to warm up to her. I am still not so crazy about Mitchell just yet, wish he was more like Sheppard, but I don't HATE the character.

I have a question though, can the gate now be used to travel from Pegasus to Milky Way? If so, that gate better be defended big time as we don't need any wraith figuring out what it is and having a instant ride to the Milky Way (if they don't already know about its existance and how to upgrade the hyperdrive from the happenings in earlier episodes).

It is also going to be a problem communicating with any ships guarding the gate as the black hole messes with the sensors and radio signals. It will be interesting seeing how this works out.

Comment

While I can see why Daniel is getting angry that the Ancients aren't helping us, I think any scrap of information we're being tossed is extremely helpful. Morgan didn't need to help us at all, and we probably would have found the weapon eventually without her support. And even though Daniel thinks the Ancients won't help us, a future storyline could be resolved with a mysterious deus ex machina from these ascendeds, much in the way the Asgard helped us in earlier seasons.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Immediate top 10 episode right there! AMAZING! I literally couldn't speak for the last 10 minutes of the episode. If they can keep up this streak season 10 could be the best season ever!

...sorry, I really liked it

Comment

Originally posted by edain
                    Come on, someone had to do a fist pump when the Ori ship was cut in half...
                    Fist-pumped, clapped, and cheered. I think my dad thought I was crazy.

Ahh... A bumper sticker... “Lemons kill.”

Another long-time Gater, and quite satisfied with this episode...

Of the three possible versions of what Le Fay was about to say (not on either world, not complete, not effective), I would wager that the weapon isn't on either world. It's probably the easiest of the three... If it's not on either world, then we'll probably find more clues as to where it actually is... Just seemed like that would be the most likely thing. If it isn't complete, then obviously we'll have to complete it, which is possible and might be true, but the weapon's technology seems too over our heads for Carter to be able to fix in any reasonable amount of time (maybe she can team up with McKay again). If the weapon doesn't work at all... then that's just a waste of the several good episode slots we spent looking for it...

Or maybe she was going to say, “The weapon is not on (name planet here).” Hey, it could happen...

Originally posted by killerz298
                    I have a question though, can the gate now be used to travel from Pegasus to Milky Way? If so, that gate better be defended big time as we don't need any wraith figuring out what it is and having a instant ride to the Milky Way (if they don't already know about its existance and how to upgrade the hyperdrive from the happenings in earlier episodes).
                    The Gate in Pegasus is normal-sized, meaning that it could fit a Wraith dart at best... Add onto that the fact that it's probably so close to the black hole itself that an approaching ship would probably be pulled apart, and I'd say that Stargate is much more guarded than anything we could do.
                    And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by killerz298
                      I have a question though, can the gate now be used to travel from Pegasus to Milky Way?
                      Highly unlikey as the gate on the Pegasus end is very close to a black hole - too close to risk going through without your ship getting ripped apart by the gravity of the black hole.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                        Immediate top 10 episode right there! AMAZING! I literally couldn't speak for the last 10 minutes of the episode. If they can keep up this streak season 10 could be the best season ever!

...sorry, I really liked it
                        I think the streak will keep up. I think this season is just getting started, and am very excited about future eps from spoilers I've read. I truly believe that this season could go down as one of the best SG-1 seasons ever.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Though I thought Shep and Cam were downright mean to McKay. Don't get me wrong, there are eps where I think a harsh word would be warranted, but Rodney didn't seem overly rude or cruel in this ep yet everyone was jumping down his throat. And having Shep and Cam carry around that lemon (and Cam threatening him with it?!) knowing it can give him a horrible allergic reaction? I'm sure that was meant to be amusing, but it just ticked me off.

Thank you. That bothered me, as well. I know that this is SG-1 and that Sam is the save-the-day science geek so McKay had to take a backseat, but did they have to be so mean about it? McKay has more than redeemed himself. Of course, people who've only watched SG-1 and not Atlantis might not know that, but I'm a huge Atlantis fan, and I love McKay. Watching him get stepped on pi**ed me off.

Okay, actual episode review now.

I've been quite wary of crossovers with these shows, not wanting one's universe to exert too heavy an influence on the other. I'll have to wait until people who don't watch Atlantis post to see if anything was confusing to them (my other major fear about x-overs), but this episode didn't bother me in the slightest. They kept the storyline firmly within the SG-1 universe, only stepping over to the Wraith to add a bit of a threat, but not making it the main conflict (no, I don't have any gripes about Atlantis' "Critical Mass", why do you ask?).

Daniel lovely, the perfect mix of exhausted exasperation and his old passion and determination to change things. In an alternate universe, Daniel is a political activist, he's got the passion and the charisma and the persuasiveness for it.

Of course the Ancients stopped Morgan. Otherwise, it would have been too easy. Besides, it served to make us more exasperated with them, less likely to look at them as saving powers. It makes the Milky Way's fight against the Ori much more epic; it's shaping up to be very David and Goliath. Besides, showing that there is conflict amongst the Ancients about this makes for a great story later, and keeping some Ancients on their high-and-mighty moral pedestals makes them much more interesting characters than they would be if they were all helping us. I like anything that could shape up to be a future storyline; it brings continuity while keeping the show fresh.

Love Cam, though as previously stated, I disliked his attitude toward McKay. I did, however, appreciate it when he stepped towards Rodney all menacing-like and stopped him from making a lewd comment about Sam. It follows the pattern we've had of Cam sticking up for women in that old-fashioned, defending their honor sort of way.

Part of me wanted the plan to be really, really dangerous for the Pegasus galaxy, just so I could hear McKay (or Weir, or Teyla, or someone) tell SG-1 'I think not, leave our galaxy alone, thank you very much'. Not that I don't recognise the Ori as a huge threat to this galaxy, but the part of me that's wary of crossovers doesn't want SG-1 to just be able to come over to Pegasus and use it because it's convenient. I wanted recognition that each group has its own problems and that they can't just bail each other out whenever, because if they do, it then cheapens the experience.

Oh-my-gosh can I just mention how happy I am that we finally won one? We've been getting screwed royally for the last while, which makes this win even sweeter. And I love that we took out the hive ship as well, it just makes for a nice, clean win that doesn't have to be cleaned up in a later Atlantis ep. The timing was right, as well. If we had lost another battle with the Ori at this point, the feeling of despair would have been just too much. Learning that we're not getting assistance from the Ancients (not directly, anyway), but still taking out the ship? It was a needed beacon of hope.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Xmen583
                            there something not right about the ancients and ori,

what if the ancients was right, that they are no better then the ori,

what reason why they won't help earth to fight against ori??

1. are ancients scare of ori are too powerfull

2. they can't do anything but to let people die.

3. they don't care about everyone in milky way galaxy

4. what is ancients greatest fear since they ori behind

5. which is good or evil ( Ancients, Ori
                            There are rule and laws for a reason, to prevent chaos. The Ancients are just very stubborn and stand by their principles. They know themselves that if we fail, the Ori will eventually come for them.

So it's not that they don't care. It's that they believe in us (possibly) and that they believe in their rules.

Comment

Been watching both atlantis and sg-1 since they first aired, and I'm going to go with the general opinion of most everyone here: superb episode. I'm going to go check out the credits on this one...

Comment

What irked me in this episode was the plothole they had from Rising. Weir was NOT the first human since the abandoment of Atlantis to set foot back in the city, it was Colonel Sumner!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X