Return of th Asgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    It could always be the mind of an Asgard, stored in a computer representing itself as a Hologram; it's trying to destroy the Wraith to prevent them from destroying the computer which it's occupying.
    Wow yeah, I never thought of that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      [SPOILERS]
      Fine, stop watching it. I for one can't wait to see how this plays out, and from the reaction the spoiler has gotten, there are many more who feel the same way I do.
      Why even comment if you dont' have anything meaningful to say...

On a separate note, this would be the 5th time an Earth space ship is taken over by an hostile alien race.
      Prommie, was taken over by the Goauld, then Vala.
      The Odyssey, by the Lucian Alliance.
      The Daedalus in another upcoming episode.
      And now we have Todd.
      Last edited by pbutter; 13 May 2008, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I do. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it should not happen. The whole 'I will have to stop watching' thing is very baby chucking toys out of the pram because it hasn't gotten what it wants, don't you think? Like I said, you may not like it, but there are those that do, and just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to have an opinion on that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post

On a separate note, this would be the 5th time an Earth space ship is taken over by an hostile alien race.
          Prommie, was taken over by the Goauld, then Vala.
          The Odyssey, by the Lucian Alliance.
          The Daedalus in another upcoming episode.
          And now we have Todd.
          That is very different though, I don't think you can count that.

Comment

I do. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it should not happen. The whole 'I will have to stop watching' thing is very baby chucking toys out of the pram because it hasn't gotten what it wants, don't you think? Like I said, you may not like it, but there are those that do, and just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to have an opinion on that opinion.
            Actually the whole, lets' bring back the Asgard and totally disregard the continuity of the story, because i miss them, is "baby like".
            Bold -
            I say that because i truly believe that SGA has some major plot holes, and they keep digging further with episodes just like this, and its really getting out of hand. The only reason they are bringing back the Asgard is because of the fans, because otherwise, it really doesn't make any sense. The Wraith have nothing to do with the Asgard (the Ori posed a much greater threat), and it is pretty evident that the writers are just trying to force some connection between the two.
            Furthermore, unlike SG1, there is some serious lack of continuity in SGA. When the Tollan were destroyed, we heard nothing of them, the Nox are still in hiding and the Furlings still missing (and will remain so) and the writers wanted to "UNCANONIZE" (not really a word) that a third shot from a Zat disintegrates, and so they did, by not ever mentioning or making use of that effect, ever. The way the Asgard went in Unendng was a bit unexpected, but it made sense, considering their connection to Norse mythology (Self sacrifice/ death with pride.. and all), but this is just ridiculous, its basically a Reset.

And about the ship, my point is that, how incompetent can they be ?
            And i have not even mentioned the Asuran's taking over Atlantis and the Wraith in Midway.

Comment

Actually the whole, lets' bring back the Asgard and totally disregard the continuity of the story, because i miss them, is "baby like".
              Again, you have absolutely no idea about the circumstances surrounding their return, yet you talk as if you have read the script. For all we know it is an Asgard like the one above, I doubt it has anything to do with the Asgard Empire that blew itself up in Unending.

Seriously, stop watching if you think it's as bad as you say it is.

Comment

Whats your point? To say "I´m looking forward to this" is just as meaningful as "I´ll stop watching". Just different opinions.

So what? How many times have we seen Earths forces onboard a Goa'uld ship? Thats the way it works. Blow them out of the sky or board them.

I can´t see ANY evidence in all of these spoilers,that it is really an Asgard.
                Could be a disguise of the replicators for example.
                And even if it was a real one..where do you take your information from that there is no connection between the Wraith and the Asgard? We know that the Ancients and the Wraith were connected as were the Ancients and the Asgard. So there could be a link between Asgards and Wraith. Just because it was not shown yet doesn´t mean its impossible to exist.
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

So wait, if that website with the plot spoilers is right one lone Asgard builds another magic deus ex machina super weapon (just what this series needs more of) and he's going to try and wipe out the Wraith by pressing a button again. I mean that's fresh right. It's not like they beat the Replicators, Asurans, Ori, or Ori followers with exactly the same sort of bull**** or anything.

How are they even going to explain how this latest incarnation of the "win button" is supposed to work, even on a basic plot level, let alone even sci-fi scientific? "Uh it singles out traces of human DNA... no that won't work.... ahh it kills anyone wearing leather.... wait no.... ugghhh anyone with dreds..... ahh crap no, sorry Ronan..... ahhh why am I even bothering to explain this. If you're a "true" fan you'll lap up this bull**** and ask for seconds!"

Comment

Everyone is jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Seriously, stop watching if you think it's as bad as you say it is.
                      And you seriously need to stop commenting on what i should or should not do.

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                      Whats your point? To say "I´m looking forward to this" is just as meaningful as "I´ll stop watching". Just different opinions.
                      What's yours' ... ?
                      Whether i watch the show or not is not an open debate.

So what? How many times have we seen Earths forces onboard a Goa'uld ship? Thats the way it works. Blow them out of the sky or board them.
                      Its been there done that, that's what's wrong. Its lacking in originality.
                      Or do you not comprehend that.

I can´t see ANY evidence in all of these spoilers,that it is really an Asgard.
                      Could be a disguise of the replicators for example.

And even if it was a real one..where do you take your information from that there is no connection between the Wraith and the Asgard? We know that the Ancients and the Wraith were connected as were the Ancients and the Asgard. So there could be a link between Asgards and Wraith. Just because it was not shown yet doesn´t mean its impossible to exist.
                      Bold - Are you serious ?
                      You think it's a Replicator in disguise ?
                      What have you been smoking...
                      And how do i know there isn't any connection ?
                      Because there hasn't been any mention of the Asgard in SGA, not while they were alive, so why now ?

Comment

Makes sense, the Asgard were allies of the Alterans/Lanteans. We weir said bye to Janus we knew hed continue his work. Sg1 found one of his timeships, god knows what he got up to. Given that his thing is timetravel god knows what he IS up to.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Makes sense, the Asgard were allies of the Alterans/Lanteans. We weir said bye to Janus we knew hed continue his work. Sg1 found one of his timeships, god knows what he got up to. Given that his thing is timetravel god knows what he IS up to.
                          Exactly, he is known to have been involved in time travel so the possibilities are endless. He could have done all kinds of things. I'm hoping that he will make an appearance as well, having traveled to our time in another time machine. Haven't heard any rumours about that so far though
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Everyone is jumping to conclusions.
                            True. I doubt anybody can really predict just how goofy this is really going to be.

I mean how many people really thought that SG-1 was going to end the way it did, or Ark of Truth. It would be fair to say that I'm one of the bigger pessimists on this board and both of those damn near knocked me right out of my shoes.

I would never have thought SG-1 would really close up 10 years on a reset button episode and I could never have predicted that they'd spend 7 million dollars to make a movie about how opening a magic box defeats the Ori.

If there's one thing this show's still got for me it's a Kia like "power to surprise".

Comment

How was Unending in any way a reset button episode?

Comment

JoeM already mentioned that the episode has nothing to do with time travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X