No announcement yet.

I rewatched Avalon I and II and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in all fairness the Ori wouldn't have been defeated as easily/quickly if there had been more seasons. The Goa'uld had 8 seasons to wrap up a story...the Ori had 2 and one movie. I was disappointed that it turned out to be so easy to defeat the Ori, but I guess it was nice to have closure to that story rather than leaving us hanging indefinitely.

But I agree about the point people brought up about Adria. On the one hand, it made the Ori story somewhat easier to focus on since you had a face to put to the villain...on the other, Adria never did scare me much so the Ori lost a bit of their power in that regard. Then again, after we got accustomed to some of the Goa'ulds, they weren't exactly frightening as villains either.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      I totally agree with you. They had a potential to become the worst villians in SG history but TPTB wasted it. In the end, it was easier to defeat them than the goa'uld or replicators. WE just sent another miraculous weapon through the supergate and they were gone. Such a shame
      The Ori have lost their creepiness, for sure. But, it's the writter's fault. It's the same thing for the Wraiths. At first, they were creepy, naughty, awesome etc., but by now, they don't scare any one anymore. It's such a waste

Comment

True, but I think that happens with a lot of shows. The more you get to know the villain, the less frightening they become. The same thing happened for "Battlestar Galactica" once they started showing the fight from the Cylon's side rather than just from the human's. I just think that in order for writers to develop the plot, to develop the villain in some way, they have to make them less mysterious, which takes away some of their creepiness or scare factor.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ultimately, the more you show a 'scary race', the less scary they become. Sometimes, elements are done to reduce the impact but after sometime and constant appearances, that race becomes more average. The Goa'uld were scary in the beginning but that ended after a while, same with the Wraith. The Ori remained scary for a bit due to their short two season run. Replicators were also scary.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            Ultimately, the more you show a 'scary race', the less scary they become. Sometimes, elements are done to reduce the impact but after sometime and constant appearances, that race becomes more average. The Goa'uld were scary in the beginning but that ended after a while, same with the Wraith. The Ori remained scary for a bit due to their short two season run. Replicators were also scary.
            Im with you there dude. The wraith were the best villians in the franchise to begin with but the more they were humanised the less effect they had.

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
              Im with you there dude. The wraith were the best villians in the franchise to begin with but the more they were humanised the less effect they had.
              Very true. The Wraith were scary as hell in "Rising," but by the end of Season 2, they'd been greatly diminished.
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
              X