Pegasus Project too soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
    .... And I think the first Goa'uld mothership/s to be destroyed were in season 2 "The Serpent's Lair"...
    Yeah and they were first introduced in 'Singularity' so 8 episodes later, they did have a season break in between though.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      Going through my SG-1 DVD's something occurred to me, do you think destroying the Ori ship in 'The Pegasus Project' happened too soon? What I mean is that these really powerful ships, the most powerful we've ever seen show up and only 3 episodes later we destroy one. In a way I think it harmed the Ori's image, the most powerful race we've ever faced and only a few episodes after they've got a foothold in our galaxy we're making them look like chumps. Don't get me wrong when watching it the first time it was cool to see and the blocking of the supergate was essential but to me the blowing up of the Ori ship wasn't needed and did more harm than good to the overall storyline.
      Well sg1 had straight losses against the ori for a yr and a half, there was only half a season left and they had to turn it around somewhere. Wut you wanted a sudden win out of the blue in the final episode?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Well sg1 had straight losses against the ori for a yr and a half, there was only half a season left and they had to turn it around somewhere. Wut you wanted a sudden win out of the blue in the final episode?
        ...no ship can can stand the "KAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH"

Comment

Straight losses for a year and a half? Hardly. We stopped their first supergate attempt, came up with a cure for their deadly disease and came up with a weapon to neutralise the priors powers. They didn't only have half a season left, they had a full 17 episodes left after PP. I'm not saying the execution was wrong, all I saying is IMO it was too soon for us to be getting one up on their ships, only 3 episodes after their introduction. The image these ships put in place in 'Camelot' was collossal, perhaps the most formiddable ships in the stargate universe, just the fact we were able to take one out so soon after their introduction dampened the effect they in place in 'Camelot'. Like I said before I would've liked to of seen the same scenario happen eventually, like the halfway point in the season but I felt it was too soon to take one of them out.

Comment

Straight losses for a year and a half? Hardly. We stopped their first supergate attempt, came up with a cure for their deadly disease and came up with a weapon to neutralise the priors powers. They didn't only have half a season left, they had a full 17 episodes left after PP. I'm not saying the execution was wrong, all I saying is IMO it was too soon for us to be getting one up on their ships, only 3 episodes after their introduction. The image these ships put in place in 'Camelot' was collossal, perhaps the most formiddable ships in the stargate universe, just the fact we were able to take one out so soon after their introduction dampened the effect they in place in 'Camelot'. Like I said before I would've liked to of seen the same scenario happen eventually, like the halfway point in the season but I felt it was too soon to take one of them out.
            I don't see how being destroyed by something that would destroy pretty much anything else makes them look less intimidating. They will still whoop any ship in the MW - so instead of 4 undefeatable ship there are 3, with more still on the way.

Comment

Going through my SG-1 DVD's something occurred to me, do you think destroying the Ori ship in 'The Pegasus Project' happened too soon? What I mean is that these really powerful ships, the most powerful we've ever seen show up and only 3 episodes later we destroy one. In a way I think it harmed the Ori's image, the most powerful race we've ever faced and only a few episodes after they've got a foothold in our galaxy we're making them look like chumps. Don't get me wrong when watching it the first time it was cool to see and the blocking of the supergate was essential but to me the blowing up of the Ori ship wasn't needed and did more harm than good to the overall storyline.
              I disagree, at that point the situation was looking hopeless, the writers likely knew that an 11th season would not be coming. So SG-1 had to figure out a way to fight back, and that they did.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree and disagree. I see what you're saying. BUT, I would have to agree with the others that it was a one in a million shot that can't be duplicated. In a way, it was good that that happened. Why? Because, most of our other encounters have all gone their way. As such, they didn't really have to worry about us at all. This way, we kinda stepped in it and made them take notice of us. Had that not happened, I'm sure they would mostly have ignored us until they were ready to make a run on earth. Notice how they had one ship guarding the supergate when we sent the Anti-Ori device through? That's in large part due to what we did, and that is one less ship running amuck in the galaxy, thereby slowing them down. I was actually half expecting SG-1 to make a serious effort to find some sort of weakness to exploit before we took one down. Maybe something like a space based Anti-Prior device, that was they couldn't fly or fight their ships, but something they could overcome eventually. But the way it happened was ingenious, Go Teal'c! "Speak softly, but carry a big Kawoosh!"
                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Destroying the first supergate wasnt much of a win. Planet full of jaffa still died as did abuncha ships. At best all they did was slow down the Ori invasion. Thats not a win, only slightly less off a loss.

Comment

Destroying the first supergate wasnt much of a win. Planet full of jaffa still died as did abuncha ships. At best all they did was slow down the Ori invasion. Thats not a win, only slightly less off a loss.
                    They won the battle and the war will be won as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

But it resulted in Adria, who is hot, therefore a win.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                        But it resulted in Adria, who is hot, therefore a win.
                        What do you mean? she was coming regardless... Your argument is flawed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X