Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied on how they ended SG-1 ? (Spoilers!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    RDA was willing to sign up for five episodes, thinking that they would all be for SG-1. TPTB decided to make three of his episodes Atlantis episodes. Regardless of how expensive RDA is or isn't, they had arranged to pay him for five episodes, so why not make one of those episodes the finale?

As KatG has so rightly pointed out, Jack was a huge, vital part of the Stargate storyline and should have been present at the end.
    At the time they made the deal they probably never knew they were being canceled, don't forget that the finale had to be totally rewritten. In fact the deal must have been made by then, because they had already shot 200 by the time the news came through.

Comment

I liked that they left it open ended to more adventures, but I'm not a big fan of the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        Unending was just a reminder that this team had never gelled. Beside Vaniel, they were more individuals than teamates.
        I respect your viewpoint, but I just don't agree. I think the "new" team had gelled quite nicely by the end of Season 10. That's just how I saw things. I loved the old SG-1, which included Jack O'Neill. But I came to love the new SG-1 just as much.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          At the time they made the deal they probably never knew they were being canceled, don't forget that the finale had to be totally rewritten. In fact the deal must have been made by then, because they had already shot 200 by the time the news came through.
          They were filming Bad Guys.

Comment

I thought they ended SG-1 very well- how can you end a show that has run for TEN years and make everyone happy with it? It's impossible. But they did what they did, and I for one loved it.

The death of the Asgard came as a shock, I found it made sense- here was a race that had been in the show since practically the beginning, had storylines, etc. I think it was nice to see the end of their story. I loved the team in the episode. Don't like the shippyness, but it wasn't a huge ammount of it. Loved that Landry had a substancial role, and Teal'c staying old was a wonderful touch to make it all count.

I'm just very glad that they didn't decide to end it on an Ori episode. I really like the Ori story, but it would have been an anti-climactic finale to the series, so I think they did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              I'm just very glad that they didn't decide to end it on an Ori episode. I really like the Ori story, but it would have been an anti-climactic finale to the series, so I think they did the right thing.
              I totally agree with that. Besides, by then, we knew we had the SG-1 movies to look forward to for that (well, the first one anyways).

I am definitely much happier that TPTB chose to end SG-1 the series with a team-oriented episode. I really enjoyed watching them grow old together, and become more like a family.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
              X