No announcement yet.

Asgard are Dead? -- Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly? They had been dying of ASGARD AIDZ for a thousand yrs or more. Wtf were they gonna pull a rabbit out of their hat in the final inning? The asgard were as good as dead since their debut in season 1

Comment

I understand what you mean

Yes, it is a big coincidence that the Asgard manage to suddenly die off, 10 years after Earth ventures into space when they have been around for ages, but then again, the wraith awoke because of us, the ori found our galaxy because of us, the tollan were wiped out, the Goa'uld were stomped on(after thousands of years of being gods to the galaxy). You just have to accept the fact that its a TV Show, and things have to happen

Comment

I've had a theory about the Asgard for a long time. They are my favourie race and Thor is my favourite character however I think the dimise of the Asgard has been planned for a long time.

The people of Earth are facing many superior enemies, and to defeat them we would have to have advanced quite alot in a short space of time to be anywhere near the level to fight them - but no one can do that realistically.

In my opinion I think TPTB created the Asgard as a means of Earth getting to that level in the short period of time. We needed to have access to very powerful technology - we meet the Asgard. We need to gain this technlogy immediately as a people permenantly to help our influence spread and quickly- The Asgard are dieing from an incurable disease and need to leave it in safe hands.

Thank God for Thor
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

They're all dead! That was a terrible idea!

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw View Post
            Coincidence:
            1. The Asgard have been evolving for thousands of years--existed for several thousand more. Its quite a coincidence that the entire species has been obliterated in the last episode of a time period in which the Human race just entered the Galaxy as a major power.
            It almost sounds like you are implying we had a hand in their extinction, which would really be stupid because even with them around we were always the under dogs.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Suddenly? They had been dying of ASGARD AIDZ for a thousand yrs or more. Wtf were they gonna pull a rabbit out of their hat in the final inning? The asgard were as good as dead since their debut in season 1
              Exactly but they didn't appear till season 2.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They probably didn't give us ships because they want us to build our own. They gave us their knowledge and expect us to figure it out ourselves. It's the difference between building a car yourself and being handed the keys to one. It's much safer, too, since the ships would be all Earth-built. Remember the X-301 incident?
                Daniel: Their whole world is in flames, and we're offering gasoline.
                Teal'c: We are, in fact, offering water.
                Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                Jack: Well don't, it's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtwidlywinks View Post
                  They probably didn't give us ships because they want us to build our own. They gave us their knowledge and expect us to figure it out ourselves. It's the difference between building a car yourself and being handed the keys to one. It's much safer, too, since the ships would be all Earth-built. Remember the X-301 incident?
                  To quote Oneill "Oye". I also agree it would make more sense to do it this way.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtwidlywinks View Post
                    Hello everyone. You are correct, we would know how it all works.

Comment

Working...
                    X