No announcement yet.

The Way I Wish SG1 wold end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we get more movies after the first two. There is plenty of unanswered stuff within all 10 seasons of SG-1 that they can with the movies tie it in to new plots & answer old questios. Plus how cool would a Two Hour SG-1 & Atlantis Crossover movie would be. There is no limit if the movies are successful

Comment

Well apparently if the DVD movies sell as well as the season on DVD, we'll definatly be getting more. I think it's well within the realms of probability that they will sell as well, if not better.

Comment

I hate to say it, but "Unending" was about the most depressing episode ever. There's just something disheartening about seeing your favorite characters become old and weak and spend 40 years of their lives trapped in a space ship stuck in the same place, nothing new to see, no nothing. Imagine if you were stuck in the SAME PLACE for 40 years. I wish that they would have went out with a big bang like "Lost City". Not the depressing
        Spoiler:
        Asgard dying off, SG-1 becoming old and spending their lives onboard the Odyssey and Landry dying (then undying) and such.

I also have some problems with depression-related themes that just get me into a rut so I really hate being exposed to depressing themes.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Well apparently if the DVD movies sell as well as the season on DVD, we'll definatly be getting more. I think it's well within the realms of probability that they will sell as well, if not better.
          I just hope that MGM advertises them well as their release dates get closer. That could only help sales.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

All very good points but I feel that Unending was a great way to end the series not SG-1. I have seen many series end in awful ways (Farscape anyone?) but this ending had a great sense of finality but also a sense of things to come. I felt great at the end of SG-1 just like the end of Charmed. Personally it was a great way to end the show and then we have the movies to finish off the rest.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I agree. I thought this was a perfect ending to the series. If they had tried to go for something bigger, it would have felt like they were trying to cram as much as they could into a single hour (which I have seen a lot of shows try to do...with the story ending up rushed). The team is the reason why I love SG-1 so much, and long past the time when I can't remember the stories or the villains, I will remember the characters and the team.

I love BIG endings as much as the next person, but this ending struck a cord with me like few finales have. It honored the show, not the story.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                I agree. I thought this was a perfect ending to the series. If they had tried to go for something bigger, it would have felt like they were trying to cram as much as they could into a single hour (which I have seen a lot of shows try to do...with the story ending up rushed). The team is the reason why I love SG-1 so much, and long past the time when I can't remember the stories or the villains, I will remember the characters and the team.

I love BIG endings as much as the next person, but this ending struck a cord with me like few finales have. It honored the show, not the story.

-Stef
                Agreed. Several had tried to big of an ending, while other took a "clip show" aproach both usually garner bad responses. I really felt this was a great ending and felt alot like Charmed's finale. But I also liked Enterprise's and I know many didnt. This left a great sense of finality as well as hope for the future. I have seen it but I am seeing it again tonight and throwing a Ending Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

-Stef
                  This finale did indeed honor the show, and the SG-1 team members. No matter what anyone else says, I truly believe that "Unending" was a brilliant ending to this wonderful ten year ride.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wish they had included jack in the episode (he would have been so much better than landry... after all the asgard really trusted jack), but otherwise it was a fairly good ending. I liked seeing "the team" head off through the Stargate (and yes they showed the gate again!!) one last time.
                    Just waiting for the movies now!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      This finale did indeed honor the show, and the SG-1 team members. No matter what anyone else says, I truly believe that "Unending" was a brilliant ending to this wonderful ten year ride.
                      ITA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        I wish they had included jack in the episode (he would have been so much better than landry... after all the asgard really trusted jack), but otherwise it was a fairly good ending. I liked seeing "the team" head off through the Stargate (and yes they showed the gate again!!) one last time.
                        Just waiting for the movies now!
                        I don't think even if they could have gotten RDA that Jack would have fit in this ep. He would have overcrowded it IMO.

Comment

Even if you excuse the absolutely horrendous plot and just accept it for an episode about the characters, that wasn't even done well. We didn't get any closure about any of them. None of them did anything, they just cried. Also, half the characters we didn't care about. If Hammond died, I would have been sad. If Jack and Sam got together, it would have given closure. Hell, if MacGuiver was there to make jokes, it would have at least been enjoyable. But I consider Jonas a more important character than Mitchell, Vala, or Landry. All of them were just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants View Post
                            Even if you excuse the absolutely horrendous plot and just accept it for an episode about the characters, that wasn't even done well.
                            I disagree.

We didn't get any closure about any of them. None of them did anything, they just cried. Also, half the characters we didn't care about. If Hammond died, I would have been sad. If Jack and Sam got together, it would have given closure. Hell, if MacGuiver was there to make jokes, it would have at least been enjoyable. But I consider Jonas a more important character than Mitchell, Vala, or Landry. All of them were just annoying.
                            Unending was never supposed to be about closure, the exact opposite, infact, I'd have thought the title would have been a bit of a give away...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I disagree.

Unending was never supposed to be about closure, the exact opposite, infact, I'd have thought the title would have been a bit of a give away...
                              I must disagree as well. I thought "Unending" was very well done. In almost every respect.

Exactly! The title was supposed to give that away. This was the series finale, not the end of SG-1.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by squeakypants View Post
                                Even if you excuse the absolutely horrendous plot and just accept it for an episode about the characters, that wasn't even done well. We didn't get any closure about any of them. None of them did anything, they just cried. Also, half the characters we didn't care about. If Hammond died, I would have been sad. If Jack and Sam got together, it would have given closure. Hell, if MacGuiver was there to make jokes, it would have at least been enjoyable. But I consider Jonas a more important character than Mitchell, Vala, or Landry. All of them were just annoying.
                                First it's McGyver, and second I disagree. We saw our characters in situations where they showed their true colors and we learned quite abit about them. This was a great finale IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X