This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    What the frell are you talking about? Think of season 9 and 10 as the first two seasons of the new show, just like it was supposed to be. This is still the work in progress. And nothing of you said above is true in this case.
    Even if it was originally intended to be a new show, the fact remains that is is existing under the name of the old show. "200" was advertised as the 200th episode of "Stargate: SG-1", not as the 26th episode of "Stargate Command".

Whatever was supposed to happen isn't as relevent as what did happen.

Perhaps whoever made the decision to continue "Stargate: SG-1" rather than starting fresh with "Stargate Command" made a mistake, and perhaps "Stargate Command" might have fared better ratings-wise, but even if this season should be Season Two of "Stargate Command", that doesn't change the fact that it is Season Ten of "Stargate: SG-1".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

What the frell are you talking about? Think of season 9 and 10 as the first two seasons of the new show, just like it was supposed to be. This is still the work in progress. And nothing of you said above is true in this case.
      But seasons 9 and 10 are most empatically NOT the first two seasons of a new show. This is still Stargate SG1. I'm not going to lie to myself and "think of it as a new show" in order to try to convince myself to like it. Frankly, I wouldn't have liked Season 9 any better had it been called Stargate Command. The difference is, I wouldn't have felt the loyalty towards it, or the affection I have for SG1 and would have long since stopped watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        same here. I think everyone underestimated just how much creative control rda and greenburg had over the show, and how much quality control they had. I think they reined in some of coop's silliness and did htier part to keep the show classy. (which does make sense if you also consider the 'it's so much fun now that the old man is gone' attitude we've had from various members of the cast and crew after rda left)
        Those kinds of views expressed in interviews just had me shaking my head. 1) Because, as much as it would be great if we could all have fun at work, we should never lose sight of the fact that we are there to do a job. All the fun in the world isn't going to get your product in it's best possible shape if you don't pay attention to quality control. And nowhere did I ever get the impression that the words quality control ever were uttered in RC's hearing. And 2) How incredibly petty and disrespectful is it to say something like that? Just like BW's quip about "I look for intelligent critique and can never find it" it smacks of sour grapes and unfathomable immaturity for professionals in positions of authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          Hmm. Aren't most shows advertised just on the channels that show them? Are any shows advertised on a different channel than the one that shows it?
          When the channels are all owned by the same conglomorate they can be. Eureka, for instance, is advertised on USA. I'm not sure if it's advertised on NBC-or if Monk or Psych are-since I don't watch any shows on NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            Those kinds of views expressed in interviews just had me shaking my head. 1) Because, as much as it would be great if we could all have fun at work, we should never lose sight of the fact that we are there to do a job. All the fun in the world isn't going to get your product in it's best possible shape if you don't pay attention to quality control. And nowhere did I ever get the impression that the words quality control ever were uttered in RC's hearing. And 2) How incredibly petty and disrespectful is it to say something like that? Just like BW's quip about "I look for intelligent critique and can never find it" it smacks of sour grapes and unfathomable immaturity for professionals in positions of authority.
            What surprised me was finding out MS made the same remarks I don't know if any of the other actors did, but it just made lose respect for the man
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ReganX's sig says it all.

Cameron Mitchell killed Stargate SG1 !

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                What surprised me was finding out MS made the same remarks I don't know if any of the other actors did, but it just made lose respect for the man
                Why? I guess there was something we don't know about and never will know which made MS make such remarks. Perhaps RDA wasn't too comfortable to work with...
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

bsg was advertised on nbc, i believe the mini series even aired on nbc. eureka was also advertised on nbc

seems that skiffy will advertise shows that are made under the nbc studio umbrella, but dont' seem to do the same thing for stuff they air that they don't make
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

bsg was advertised on nbc, i believe the mini series even aired on nbc. eureka was also advertised on nbc

seems that skiffy will advertise shows that are made under the nbc studio umbrella, but dont' seem to do the same thing for stuff they air that they don't make
                    See?
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

IMHO, calling it a new show is just another freebie excuse to cover up the situation that skiffy put them in.

even brad W said that the show coulda gone on longer had they rebranded it. but i don't think skiffy cared about how long it'd run, all they wanted was the record. and they happily manipulated the fans to do so.

I do feel sorry for the farscape fans. they've been screwed over twice by teh same network. maybe the third time will be the charm

if the stargate fans are lucky, our show will move to another network and we won't have to mess with skiffy anymore (my ultimate dream is for bridge/mgm to take atlantis and whatever reincarnation of stargate they come up with and air it elsewhere...showtime woudl be sweet. we could get our show back without those pesky commercials and annoying bugs

sigpic

Comment

See?
                        what?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          he and coop could certainly benefit from some 'how to speak to reporters' classes

both of them suffer from foot in mouth disease quite frequently

sigpic

Comment

Why? I guess there was something we don't know about and never will know which made MS make such remarks. Perhaps RDA wasn't too comfortable to work with...
                            Even if that were true-which given everything I've ever read about RDA seems highly unlikely-it doesn't make such public comments, if MS did make them, any less unprofessional, petty, or disrespectful.

See?
                            See what?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              See what?
                              See Spot run? See Sally jump?

Oh I know, see TPTB kill a perfectly good show.
                              sigpic

Comment

IMHO, calling it a new show is just another freebie excuse to cover up the situation that skiffy put them in.

even brad W said that the show coulda gone on longer had they rebranded it. but i don't think skiffy cared about how long it'd run, all they wanted was the record. and they happily manipulated the fans to do so.

I do feel sorry for the farscape fans. they've been screwed over twice by teh same network. maybe the third time will be the charm
                                All respect to Brad (who is a good showrunner) I'm not entirely convinced the show would have lasted longer had they rebranded it.
                                The problem is cost and low ratings. They can't cut costs without firing people (which they don't appear inclined to do). And they can't raise ratings if what they put out is the exact same thing/quality as season 9.
                                Rebranding is just selling a tweaked version of the old show under a new name. It won't take long before people work out that it doesn't matter what you call something, if they don't like it they won't bother watching it.

I'm even inclined to believe that the ratings would have started higher, but fallen lower and faster as people will treat it as a new show and will feel no loyalty to it any longer.

I feel sorry for any BB and CB fans who support their favorite actors without the need to put down everyone else. Not so much for the ones who screamed how their presence would save the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X