This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeb
    If all the characters weren't written like total caricatures, the show would have gained in quality and probably would have had better ratings. That includes Michell and Vala, but also the rest of the cast.
    None of the main characters are caricatures imo. Even the weakest written one - Mitchell - isn't a caricature. A character like Felger - yes - deliberately so.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      In another words... quoting Farscape's Stark: My side! Your side! My side! Your side! My side! Your side! My side! Your side!
      I can't seem to fit myself into this binary world. I feel lonely...
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        None of the main characters are caricatures imo. Even the weakest written one - Mitchell - isn't a caricature. A character like Felger - yes - deliberately so.
        The weakest in your opinion, of course. 'cause it's not a proven fact.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
          The weakest in your opinion, of course. 'cause it's not a proven fact.
          Even though I shouldn't have to (cuz I'm not likely to post anyone else's opinion) I coulda sworn a put that imo disclaimer in there for belts and braces.
          scarimor

Comment

An archeologist -with glasses- that's here for no reason (and nobody complain about the fact he told the Ori about our galaxy... Archeologist shouldn't be on the frontline nor have time for military training), the genius but lethal weapon perfect woman that can also have a life at same time (sorry, when you're that useful, you don't spend time on the frontline), the UFO warrior that doesn't understand humour but have big muscles to compensate, the team leader that's dumb but effective. Yeah, no caricature there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb
              An archeologist -with glasses- that's here for no reason (and nobody complain about the fact he told the Ori about our galaxy... Archeologist shouldn't be on the frontline nor have time for military training), the genius but lethal weapon perfect woman that can also have a life at same time (sorry, when you're that useful, you don't spend time on the frontline), the UFO warrior that doesn't understand humour but have big muscles to compensate, the team leader that's dumb but effective. Yeah, no caricature there.
              That's right, because what we get in the show is not what you describe. You just describe cariactures.

I'm glad the writers do a lot better than you
              scarimor

Comment

Maybe that's because it took them a few years to expand on the basic initial caricature - but it remains the roots of any of these characters.

Comment

Has this thread turned into a Carter/S1-8/ vs Mitchell/S9-10 fight Because I really hope people aren't starting to make generalisations now. 'Oh, they're a Carter fan so they must hate s9/Mitchell/Vala' or 'Mitchell fan - obviously they have come from farscape and have their hand down their pants'. The minute you start doing that, you've lost perspective.

btw, taking cheap shots at characters doesn't support your arguement, it only makes you look like an ass. Seems all this thread has become now anyway. *drops thread into the toilet*

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                    Plus Cam wasn't completely incompetent--he did get the sword out of the stone, opened the treasure, fought the knight, etc.

Back on topic...I still don't think they killed the show.
                    umm, sorry, IIRC, it was a teenage girl that got the sword out of the stone. Cam just swung it aroudn
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Has this thread turned into a Carter/S1-8/ vs Mitchell/S9-10 fight Because I really hope people aren't starting to make generalisations now. 'Oh, they're a Carter fan so they must hate s9/Mitchell/Vala' or 'Mitchell fan - obviously they have come from farscape and have their hand down their pants'. The minute you start doing that, you've lost perspective.

btw, taking cheap shots at characters doesn't support your arguement, it only makes you look like an ass. Seems all this thread has become now anyway. *drops thread into the toilet*
                      Definitely the wisest thing to do. I think I'll follow your example.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        umm, sorry, IIRC, it was a teenage girl that got the sword out of the stone. Cam just swung it aroudn
                        In Camelot. I think esoap is talking about Avalon.

Comment

yes, let's watch the children bicker instead of participating in some adult debate.

y'all will notice that a troll neatly detrailed this thread, helped by folks that fed it.

how about we get back on topic please
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeb
                            Maybe that's because it took them a few years to expand on the basic initial caricature - but it remains the roots of any of these characters.
                            Not going to stray into character/caricature OT. Spent three years learning the difference and many more since in practise. Waste of time here.

edit: yeah you're right Skydiver - I now realise it's a smelly troll. *pulls boot out of troll-dung, wipes clean on fragrant grass, breathes in fresh air*
                            scarimor

Comment

Not going to stray into character/caricature OT. Spent three years learning the difference and many more since in practise. Waste of time here.

edit: yeah you're right Skydiver - I now realise it's a smelly troll. *pulls boot out of troll-dung, wipes clean on fragrant grass, breathes in fresh air*
                              Sure, i'm obviously wrong. Or maybe my opinion is simply different.

Yes, it was pure trolling. It's funny how it seems all right to troll about some characters and point out all the mistakes they've made in the script but as soon as you begin to attack the recuring cast it's a no-no and you're a troll.

I am allowed as much as you to point out how the show is percieved by casuals viewers and why the fanbase is that small after 10 years airing. SG1 is and will remain cheese Sci Fi. Once you get over that, it is much better.

http://www.revolutionsf.com/article.html?id=1597

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                                200,000,000,000% agree with principia man, and you get a green for it!!

Cam is such a poor addition in my opinion its so unbelievable!! He does not at all have any facial expressions. He was great in Farscape, but what happened to him!! I do not like it and think that it has killed the show, I think it went down the bucket ever since, RDA left. Its a sad week for us all. I just hope that another network can pick it up and soon so they can write a good season finale!!
                                I couldn't agree more. While Vala doesn't bother me, Mitchell just wasn't able to fill RDA's shoes... in fact I doubt anyone really could. SG1s demise began when that transition took place. I've seen it happen with ensemble cast shows over and over. Remove a major link and the whole show collapses.

JMO

Raduzhok
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X