This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
    Unsolicited name change -- nothing like changing the horse in the middle of the race. It's pretty funny since the same old beating of said dead horse takes place on 2 threads.

While the cherries might appear in your head, on film, we've already seen which underwear Cam prefers -- he's a sports brief kind of guy. sigh.

Vala gets manicures? Wow. She's alien -- does she have fingernails? Didn't notice. She does, however, like colored lingerie.

Does Commander Sam polish her halo nightly or once a week? Curious minds want to know. Oops! Off topic. But, since a lot of posts refer to General Jack, I guess it's not so off topic after all. So, which is it?
    She leaves her halo on the door knob outside her lavish hotel suite so room service will polish it.

seriously folks!

The real issues is not Vala and Cam-nor whether he wears boxers or briefs, or if really wears rollers to bed or not-for me it is the writing -the stories, the characters-their introduction-their history. there is no real history to the characters. and whatever history there is changes and sometimes not for the better, but to fit whatever story they want to tell at the time.

sometimes watching that show is like watching someone play the old video game of where the ball just bounces back and forth and back and forth-makes you dizzy and gives you a headache.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
      Unsolicited name change -- nothing like changing the horse in the middle of the race. It's pretty funny since the same old beating of said dead horse takes place on 2 threads.

While the cherries might appear in your head, on film, we've already seen which underwear Cam prefers -- he's a sports brief kind of guy. sigh.
      See now, I specifically asked about his favourite boxer shorts. The favourite pair. Let's not mistake his every-workaday briefs that we saw in Ripple Effect, for example, for his favourite boxers. Pay attention now I'm wondering what he wears on those special occasions... like Santa Claus night when on the pull.

Vala gets manicures? Wow. She's alien -- does she have fingernails? Didn't notice. She does, however, like colored lingerie.
      She's a girl, she has nails, she does indeed like the brightly coloured teddies. I bet she gets her nails done in the same department store she buys the lingerie.

Does Commander Sam...
      Um, has she transferred to the Navy?

polish her halo nightly or once a week? Curious minds want to know.
      Silly, she has Shep to do that for her. And Rodney obliges on Shep's night off. And they cant get enough of it.

Oops! Off topic. But, since a lot of posts refer to General Jack, I guess it's not so off topic after all. So, which is it?
      Does it have anything to do with boxers, nails or lingerie? No? It's off topic!
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        snippy, snip, snip for time.... Vala has proven herself and earned trust. I don't know about Vala's Dad he was on surveillance while he was there but he did not commit a crime against them before he came and he was giving them info.
        I don't have the time or the energy to go into the canon I think the people in charge of this show threw down the drain. I really don't care anymore anyway as I stopped watching awhile ago. But on this point I will say canon??? what canon??? First when Teal'c first came he was detained by Maybourne and the government types who actually wanted to remove him from the SGC and IIRC kill him (someone correct me if this is worng). Little miss thieving liar didn't spend a second in detention or anything else for the crimes and crap she pulled. Second, it took Teal'c 3 plus years (Upgrades being first place I recall him being off-base with the team for steaks) to earn the "trust" to be let off base and Vala gets it in a half-season??? This is BS at it's best from these people making this show. And running around the mall with Carter - what nonsense. That is what, in my opinion, the show turned into with Vala; childish, nonsense and going for the cheap laugh and the cliches.

The Mitchell thing is just a slap in the face to canon it's so blatantly BS after the things O'Neill said and after all of the things written about how the SGC is for the best of the best and SG-1 is the cream of the crop and they stick a newbie who never even saw the Gate on the team as co-leader - I can't tell you the amount of contempt I have for the people in charge for pulling that crap on us. Crap beyond Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          You do remember in season 6 those funky things that spread around people? Thought they were having delusions. Remember, they were everywhere it was like someone was on drugs those funky things.
          Episode please--go to episode heading on GW and find which one you are talking about. Too vague on your description
          Sight Unseen.
          Where Jonas touches the ancient tech, sees creatures from a parallel dimension, is thought of as nuts (nice character nod back to Shadowplay, and early season mistrust) until Teal'c and everyone else starts seeing the bugs. Some lovely character interaction between Sam and Jonas, the team working as a team, Hammond and Fraiser being well used, and effort being put into keeping the Stargate programme secret with attempts to secure the area and a cover story.
          Could have done with a lot less Vern, but I'll live with it for that Sam and Jonas holding hands moment (pure un-ship ).

Good episode. I can't help with the thread relevance though, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
            Sight Unseen.
            Where Jonas touches the ancient tech, sees creatures from a parallel dimension, is thought of as nuts (nice character nod back to Shadowplay, and early season mistrust) until Teal'c and everyone else starts seeing the bugs. Some lovely character interaction between Sam and Jonas, the team working as a team, Hammond and Fraiser being well used, and effort being put into keeping the Stargate programme secret with attempts to secure the area and a cover story.
            Could have done with a lot less Vern, but I'll live with it for that Sam and Jonas holding hands moment (pure un-ship ).

I was wondering if that was the ep. Jonas in season 6 was really good. I wished they had kept him too when Daniel came back. Maybe not as a 5 man team, but as an alien adjusting to Earth. of course, they also could have gone deeper into Daniel's ascension and amnesia.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
              Sight Unseen.

Yeah the goold ol' days of cording off the entire city. People notice, people start developing conspiracy theories. The Military lets news "slip" of potential chemical or viral contamination. At least they made an effort. Hell the government (NID or not) even killed a reporter once.

Now the Prometheus episode was pushing it, but at least that was only one reporter (that lived) and they were able to buy her off. That awful ep with The Nanny guy was also pushing it but at least his life was completely destroyed (by the NID) to discredit him.... hell his friend even committed suicide.

Now you’re beaming buildings out of downtown and no one really notices or questions.... Hell even if people bought the it blew up (or fell down don’t remember) story people would still be questioning and panicking in this post 9/11 world...but again, brush it off. Then they are going to high school reunions and science conventions Aliens shooting and blowing stuff up and having people sign NDA's? ROFLMAO. Oh and lest we forget not even seeming to care a goa'uld is on earth or that criminal aliens are walking the streets with impunity. My gods with how easy it is to get onto earth in S9-S10 why the hell do any of earths enemies have any problems destroying this place. How come Ba'al just doesn’t actually set off a nuke, you know, without telling us about it first, just set it off. Oh right, because he’s such a nice and fun guy nowadays. I keep thinking about the evil guy that killed O’Neill over and over and over. Now this is the new and improved bouncy superball, he’s just a kid’s toy. What a waste of a character, what a waste of continuity, what a waste of the show.

Vala, thief, slaver, attempted murder...but she’s FFUUNNN. She doesn’t have to say she’s sorry or ever be punished for her crimes because she’s fun and she likes Jackson. Too bad they had to kill Daniel to create Jackson, guess the writers didn't actually like the Daniel character as much as I did. I don’t need uber macho assclown. I liked Daniel but then he would really not have use for a criminal\slaver\who attempted murder his friends.

Cam, I guess he did have to be the lead, because if he wasn’t the lead why exactly is he on this show, he does nothing. Wait, I forgot he’s the big plot device since the writers can’t come up with the old fashion ones anymore. Too bad he pulled Teal'c and Carter down with him.

(I added the cam vala stuff late because this is a thread is discussing them and cannon\plotholes. I seriously think either character could have worked had they INTERGRATED them into SG-1. Vala as a Maybourn like character and Cam as Ford like character. I guess if the thread had kept its name it could be more wide open. On the other hand if the thread had kept its name I guess it would have stayed closed since all the other Cam\Vala threads were popping up. So I guess if the only way to keep the thread open is to change its names then its nice of the moderators to do so instead of going with the first decision to close the thread.)
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                I was wondering if that was the ep. Jonas in season 6 was really good. I wished they had kept him too when Daniel came back. Maybe not as a 5 man team, but as an alien adjusting to Earth. of course, they also could have gone deeper into Daniel's ascension and amnesia.
                I'd have kept Daniel ascended for a season longer. It was perfect for his personality, and story. His drive for knowledge, his desire to be part of something big, but remain an outsider, and most of all the angst from his mixed up morality ("we must help/stop/do nothing!").
                His decension was the point when the whole ancients/ascension stuff started to go wrong - and by extension why the Ori don't work - because suddenly it wasn't anything special. That information should have come out slowly. Daniel should have been our guide. It would have added more depth to the Ori storyline immediately - he'd be asking, who really is the bad group? - and we'd probably have avoided some of the deus ex machina moments.

Mostly, though, I would love to have seen what happens when you put the cheerful, laid back, Jonas together with the dour, tightly wound, Daniel for an extended period of time.
                Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                Yeah the goold ol' days of cording off the entire city. People notice, people start developing conspiracy theories. The Military lets news "slip" of potential chemical or viral contamination. At least they made an effort. Hell the government (NID or not) even killed a reporter once.

Now the Prometheus episode was pushing it, but at least that was only one reporter (that lived) and they were able to buy her off. That awful ep with The Nanny guy was also pushing it but at least his life was completely destroyed (by the NID) to discredit him.... hell his friend even committed suicide.
                I didn't mind Prometheus so much, because the secrecy aspect was reasonably well thought out (even though it wasn't very smart). It was explained why they were letting the reporter on, and it was based in the middle of a desert. But beaming up buildings, and alien space ships landing in the middle of Seattle?!

Firstly, I thought the Asgard keep an eye on anything that appears in our "airspace" - although why we are no longer doing it ourselves (see Descent) is a question which definitely needs answering.
                Secondly, it seems not only has the IQ level of the SGC gone down, but the rest of the world has as well. It's a gas explosion with no debris. Sure, why not?
                The old explainations nicely played with the aliens/conspiracy theory of sci fi, but now no effort is needed at all.

The annoying thing is that I can suspend my disbelief as well as the next poster, but it does require some effort in the writing, and some decent characters to sell it (and sadly this includes our long timers).

Comment

Around and around we go but to me it's pretty simple.

First and killed Farscape then TPTB brought them to SG1 in a breathtakingly incredible move and they killed that too.

Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Guy View Post
                    Around and around we go but to me it's pretty simple.

First and killed Farscape then TPTB brought them to SG1 in a breathtakingly incredible move and they killed that too.

Just my opinion
                    Did you ever watch Farscape? Just curious.

Actually high costs, bad company management (not Henson) and the low ratings killed Farscape.

As for SG1...10 years isn't exactly an early grave.

Comment

Yeah but getting the can after only 25 episodes of the "new and improved" SG-1 when the original, classic SG-1 survived for 8 years (some 170 episodes) without the "new and improved" nonsense is pretty telling (yeah it can spin anyway someone wants to spin it but the fact is it got canned after 25 episodes of what Ben Browder referred to as "Season 2".

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
                        Yeah but getting the can after only 25 episodes of the "new and improved" SG-1 when the original, classic SG-1 survived for 8 years (some 170 episodes) without the "new and improved" nonsense is pretty telling (yeah it can spin anyway someone wants to spin it but the fact is it got canned after 25 episodes of what Ben Browder referred to as "Season 2".
                        That really irked me too! It showed he has no respect for the old fans and that he doesn't get what the show was all about!

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                          That really irked me too! It showed he has no respect for the old fans and that he doesn't get what the show was all about!
                          You're jumping to conclusions from one little joke, fcol. Ben watched all 8 seasons of the show before he started. How many other people did that? I dont' even know if new writers have done that. Plus, it has been reported that Ben comes to work early and stays even when he's not in scenes. Plus, I just remembered how one of the directors described how Ben gave up a Mitchell scene for MS because he (Ben) thought it was a better scene for Daniel and not Mitchell. This doesn't sound lik a guy who doesn't get what the show is about to m.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                            snip, snip I dont' even know if new writers have done that. snip snip.
                            New writers???? Where, did I blink and miss them????? Yeah, new writers would have helped either avoid or clean-up the mess made out of Seasons 9 and 10 and if no new writers than at a minimum having the old writers watch the first 8 seasons could have helped because then maybe they would have been reminded of a lot of the history and canon they screwed over.

Comment

Originally posted by BPC View Post
                              New writers???? Where, did I blink and miss them????? Yeah, new writers would have helped either avoid or clean-up the mess made out of Seasons 9 and 10 and if no new writers than at a minimum having the old writers watch the first 8 seasons could have helped because then maybe they would have been reminded of a lot of the history and canon they screwed over.
                              I believe ShardofGlass is referring to new writers Alan McCullough, Carl Binder, Martin Gero and Ken Cuperus.
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                I believe ShardofGlass is referring to new writers Alan McCullough, Carl Binder, Martin Gero and Ken Cuperus.
                                Oh, okay then. I'll give you some on AM since it looks like he wrote about 9of the last 40 episodes however between MG's 2 and Binder and Cuperus with their 0 I might as well have blinked for all their contributions passing me by.

Still stand by what I said about the old writers having watched the first 8 seasons may have actually helped (perhaps AM should also have taken a page from BB as maybe some of his stuff wouldn't have been so ridiculously out of character for SG-1). Oh and it would have been particularly helpful if the showrunner had watched them too.

Comment

Working...
                                X