This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
    I wish someone would do it & get it on youtube.
    Wouldn't that be fantastic?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      ...?
      So now people who enjoy seasons 9 and 10 are automatically either fanatic or delusional?

Thought we've agreed these therads, when used by people who don't like Stargate/ the newer seasons of Stargate, would be used to critisise the show, rather than the fans. I would argue it'd be better manners for people who never really liekd the show not to enter the discussion at all, but I s'pose I'm a minority with this opinion of mine.
      I'm delusional and I didn't enjoy 9 & 10.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        The lack of a plausible backstory for Cam has left him as a very doubtable character.

IMO mitchell as a character is dubious at best, a joke at worst (oh wait . . . ).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yes, actually.

Stargate Command could have started in s8, and used Heroes as a bit of a pilot.

even if they didn't go for a full fledged 22 other teams, just focus on sg13 here and there. they go on missions with sg1, dixon leads sg1 when rda needed time off. write joint missions and split up the 7 of them, explore with all the permutations eventually leading to an episode which was mostly sg13, very little sg1

slowly develop sg13 then, when rda decided to leave for good, you have a ready made replacement and back up for sg1

the opportunity was there, but was ignored, like so very many others
          If they wanted to bring in a fourth member of SG-1, Season Eight was the time to do this. I think that the idea of doing the show without RDA scared TPTB, so rather than concentrating on the three-person SG-1, with back-up from other teams when necessary, they moved a lot of the action from the field to the base.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
            If they wanted to bring in a fourth member of SG-1, Season Eight was the time to do this. I think that the idea of doing the show without RDA scared TPTB, so rather than concentrating on the three-person SG-1, with back-up from other teams when necessary, they moved a lot of the action from the field to the base.
            Over the last several years I have found that after listening to and reading their interviews TPTKTS are some of the most short-sighted people I have encountered in television - they seem to have developed in the last several seasons a frightening inability to see beyond the tips of their noses. I, as I have said in the past, place much of the blame on cooper (especially since season 7) - he has injected, and has allowed others to inject, what seems to me to be too much of their own wants, personalities and humour (as puerile as it may be) into the show and it has well and truly damaged the show to the point of losing upwards of 30% of their viewers and taken it to the point of no return as a viable series (2 straight to TV dvd movies do not a viable series make).

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              Dare I state my opinion that MS is not alpha male material? Why yes, I dared. *dons tin hat*
              look at this pic:

i can't help giggling whenever i'd seen it. *trying* too much, eh?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                If the boys at Bridge has been sticking to canon, Vala should have been thrown in the brig after the things she did in PU. They could have occasionally brought her out for some info, but she should have remained in the brig. End of story!
                How she ended up running around the SCC, never mind becoming a member of SG-1, will forever make me wonder.
                I've said it before I'll say it again. She has more than earned her place on SG-1.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  I've said it before I'll say it again. She has more than earned her place on SG-1.
                  Yes but the method of how she got on the team so quickly makes me wonder, She has done great things, but not even the most trust worthy and innocent person can get that far that quick.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

mmmm ........ I've said it before 'n I'll say it again :

Intergalactic liar, thief, slave owner, attempted murderer, who has not declared nor given proof of loyalty to earth, does not belong at the SGC let alone be on the top team.
                    -

Comment

Hell, for all we know SciFi is bluffing and only doing it to pull TPTB's heads out of the butts. They have the best SciFi show and longest running and still going and they still produce throw away eps. SciFi and MGM both knew from the getgo that there is going to be a season 11. Although if they don't do the scare and TPTB come up with throw aways again I think they are oing to get canned in the middle and SciFi and MGM don't want that so they have to scare them into the best they can be.

I am goin out on a limb on why it is no more and came up with this being there still is we just don't know yet because of TPTB sucking.

Every ep. should lead into the next and not be some ep. you can go without. That is why Seteda fell in rating because the ep. before sucked so no one tuned in to watch it. (I know it was an Atlantis ep. but you still get the point)
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Any realistically believable approach that had been taken to selecting SGC personnel went out of the window when Jonas got a place on a frontline team.

And 'deserve'? No way does Vala deserve a place on the team.

That's not to say she shouldn't be there. She's very useful. She has a wealth of information about things the rest of SGC do not know anything about. She has contacts, experience, skills. Not enough to wipe out her past sins, but enough that if SG-1 think they can use her they will probably be right.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                          Yes but the method of how she got on the team so quickly makes me wonder, She has done great things, but not even the most trust worthy and innocent person can get that far that quick.
                          I like Vala very much and when CB was scheduled to be a regular I hoped we'd get some kind of alien ally/consultant to the SGC, maintaining that "rogue" element plausibly.

Disappointed was I to see them shove this delightful interesting curvy peg into the straight hole that is a spot on an SG team. It's a waste of the character and it makes the USAF look stupid.

imo. disclaimer: possession and expression of an opinion does not imply personal insult to those who do not share it.
                          scarimor

Comment

The professional opinion of a B-12 pilot perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              Any realistically believable approach that had been taken to selecting SGC personnel went out of the window when Jonas got a place on a frontline team.

And 'deserve'? No way does Vala deserve a place on the team.

That's not to say she shouldn't be there. She's very useful. She has a wealth of information about things the rest of SGC do not know anything about. She has contacts, experience, skills. Not enough to wipe out her past sins, but enough that if SG-1 think they can use her they will probably be right.
                              Keep in mind that Jonas was kept up in a room for a long time reading all of Daniel's work before he was chosen for SG-1. That and he earned it by being able to fill Jacksons spot by learning all of it. It wasn't something that just happened because he black-maled us.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                                I like Vala very much and when CB was scheduled to be a regular I hoped we'd get some kind of alien ally/consultant to the SGC, maintaining that "rogue" element plausibly.

Disappointed was I to see them shove this delightful interesting curvy peg into the straight hole that is a spot on an SG team. It's a waste of the character and it makes the USAF look stupid.

imo. disclaimer: possession and expression of an opinion does not imply personal insult to those who do not share it.
                                I agree with you totally on this one.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                                X