This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Ok yeah she did great things for the team...but that isn't why she deserves a place on SG-1...
    She also lied, decived, stolen,...

I mean they know her hardly and immediatly they trust her...I don't get that...in the first few eps of season 9...she wasn't someone I want on any team of SG...than she did a few good things...but do you trust someone like that immediatly...I don't...and IMO I don't think the SGC would do that...and that is why I think they wrote that whole part so wrong...
    But that is only how I see it
    I disagree. Vala has indeed shown her loyalty and has IMO earned their trust in more ways than one and deserves the position on SG-1. She may have been dishonest in the past but Daniels faith in her has proven to be right and I think she has more than deserved an SG-1 spot.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I disagree. Vala has indeed shown her loyalty and has IMO earned their trust in more ways than one and deserves the position on SG-1. She may have been dishonest in the past but Daniels faith in her has proven to be right and I think she has more than deserved an SG-1 spot.
      GREEN I have to spread some around until I can give one to you
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
        GREEN I have to spread some around until I can give one to you
        I'll remind you!

Comment

While I do agree that Vala has made somewhat of a turnaround this season in regards to her ability to give a crap about someone other than herself she has by no means, IMO, proven that she has the abilities, temperament, and/or skills necessary to be a part of SG-1. She has an evil alien baby and commits a few selfless acts and all the sudden she's qualified to be part of an elite team that many other more qualified individuals have not been able to be a part of. Not to mention that this is the military we're talking about. They would do extensive background checks for the cafeteria staff much less someone on the front lines. That they would trust someone who has been shown to be greedy, manipulative, and self-serving to be put in positions where others lives depend upon her is highly unrealistic.

I actually like her character this season but that doesn't mean that I'm completely willing to suspend all disbelief.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
            1) Sacrificing herself while destroying the first Supergate
            2) Telling SG-1 about planning crusade from the Ori
            3) SAVING DANIEL'S LIFE taking herself a shot aimed at him. For which he even didn't say THANK YOU, btw

If these 3 reasons are not good enough reason for her to deserve a place on SG-1 team, then I think I'm probably watching completly different show. BTW, I don't agree the writing is bad.
            Oi! we know you are watching a different show. You are watching CB not Stargate.

Those 3 points are not enough to join an elite top secret military organisation even if they were accurate which I would debate with you but can't because of an extensive ignore list

It's not hard to understand intergalactic liar, thief, slave owner, attempted murderer, who has not declared nor given proof of loyalty to earth, does not belong at the SGC let alone be on the top team.
            -

Comment

Nice generalisation but do you think you could expound on that more ways than one?

You do know the requirements to join an elite military team don't you? It's obvious that the writer's do not, or simply don't care, as they are breaking their own rules.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                hey, someone else taht remembers that show. mst3k is hysterical.
                Wow! I found another MST 3000 fan.

I and my friends used to watch it faithfully instead of working on our Master’s Theses. You could NOT beat the dialog on that show. You’d have to watch and episode at least three times to catch all the jokes.

what's sad??? s9 and 10 could be very easily mocked, like those cheesy shows of years ago.
                Actually I’d rank “Time Chasers” and “Time Chasers II” as a little above seasons 9 and 10. That is kind of sad.
                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Nice generalisation but do you think you could expound on that more ways than one?

You do know the requirements to join an elite military team don't you? It's obvious that the writer's do not, or simply don't care, as they are breaking their own rules.
                  Yes I do, however keep in mind here we are talking about fiction here, however she has indeed shown that she can be trusted and that she has the skills to be a member of an elite team. Vala has done questionable deeds in the past and even in season nine but her morality was put to the test in The Powers That Be, and Beachead. She mad a consience choice to help and try to make a difference and by the time we see her in Crusade it is obvious she has changed. All throughout season 10 she has made good choices and has indeed shown she has the skills worthy of SG-1 and has more than proven she can be trusted.

Comment

Yes I do, however keep in mind here we are talking about fiction here, however she has indeed shown that she can be trusted and that she has the skills to be a member of an elite team. Vala has done questionable deeds in the past and even in season nine but her morality was put to the test in The Powers That Be, and Beachead. She mad a consience choice to help and try to make a difference and by the time we see her in Crusade it is obvious she has changed. All throughout season 10 she has made good choices and has indeed shown she has the skills worthy of SG-1 and has more than proven she can be trusted.
                    I agree she has definatly proven herself trustworthy and loyal and would be suitable for SG-1, But I think it would have at least taken a few years whilst being a member of the airforce to get to that position rather then months, it's how the system goes
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

hey, someone else taht remembers that show. mst3k is hysterical.

what's sad??? s9 and 10 could be very easily mocked, like those cheesy shows of years ago.
                      I asked Peter David to please MST3K a season 9 ep of Stargate for Shoew Leave for Mystery Trekkie Theatre.. As we had 3 actors from the show there. But as it wouldn't be very Trekkie... I'd have split a gut laughing. Peter can be hilariously evil. Though very potty-mouthed. I really wanted him to do Camelot. Tis a very silly place.Cam against the black knight, Merlins chamber. Poor innocent Vala accompanying her hubs into battle..

All that was missing was the coconuts.

Stronghold would have been good too. Or Off the Grid. Any Cambo/Sir Cam-a-lot eps really.

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I have to seperate the last 2 seasons from the previous 8. To me, SG-1 "ended" with season 8.

Season 9 and 10, I view as a new show--other wise I would be comparing apples to oranges and thay wouldn't be fair to either show.

Problems I found with the new version of SG-1 is the lack of promotion, lack of new character devlopment. Lack of a new name, and some of the seasoned characters are either wall papered--like, Teal'c and Sam. Or the character has changed too much, like Daniel.

The fact that Daniel has become more of a military, macho type and less nerdy has made a differnce. He's not Daniel anymore--he's another character. Maybe they should have addressed that more in the show?

The transformation of Vala from a sexpot to supergirl was a little unreal and too fast. She should have had a MUCH rougher time of transition.

Mitchell is only begining to develope now--He should have been developed much further in the story and Vala should have been more in the background.

Carter should have had more impact in the last two seasons--she became furniture for most of it.

Poor Teal'c. They could have done so much more with his character. His war with the Goa'uld is over and he found himself without a war. Teal'c the senator just doesn't go well. Teal'c could have expressed a range of emotions--they just had him glare at Mitchell a few times. WTF? he should have kicked Mitchell's butt!
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

expound
                          1. to set forth or state in detail: to expound theories.
                          2. to explain; interpret.
                          –verb (used without object)
                          3. to make a detailed statement (often fol. by on).

Her morality has NEVER been put to the test.

Let's look at the motivation for PTB hmmmm Vala conned the team to go to the planet so she could retrieve all the stuff she stole from the people she enslaved. She initially helped to heal the first guy because it might help get her out of the trouble she was in. How is that testing her morality???

Beachhead - she goes off in a snit because no one was instantly listening to her. Did she make a concerted effort to be heard, nope. Nothing on screen leads me to believe she was doing anything to "save the universe" but rather, as usual, to save her own butt.

Are these the only examples of her "earning a place" on the team because they are pretty dodgy.

Do I think
                          • there is good in her, yes.
                          • could she be of use to the SGC, yes
                          • has she done anything to earn her place at the SGC, NO.

The truely sad thing is, is that with a little care, planning and thinking this caricature could fit in and be given depth and turned into a really strong character (same with Hero, the Plot Device Boy) but the Boys at Bridge have been taking the easy way out with everything and the show (and many fans) suffered for it.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot View Post
                            Hmmm….. I wonder where we MST 3000 fans of impeccable taste would fit?
                            Oh I love MST 3000 -

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            I love her, and I also love the actor Claudia Black. I think she really makes the show for me this season. But I do think she's the sort of character you're either going to love or hate - she's not a by halves sort of person!
                            I did not like the character Vala at all at first -PU is one of my least liked episodes ever - however I do like Vala a lot more this season - I would like to see more of her with characters other than Daniel -

As to the topic of the thread - I don't think it was the characters that killed stargate - but the writing in S9 was just not my cup of tea - I do feel that S10 as a whole is much better than S9
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Vala married a follower of Origin, gave birth to the Ori evil baby. She is a thief, liar and con-man. How do we know she is on our side? How do we know that what she told us was the truth? For all we know she is a spy sent by the Ori to gain our confidence.

Is she? Probably not. I don't think the writers are that clever. But I think she gained their trust way to easily especially for a high security base like the SGC.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                                Vala married a follower of Origin, gave birth to the Ori evil baby. She is a thief, liar and con-man. How do we know she is on our side? How do we know that what she told us was the truth? For all we know she is a spy sent by the Ori to gain our confidence.

Is she? Probably not. I don't think the writers are that clever. But I think she gained their trust way to easily especially for a high security base like the SGC.
                                I personally feel she can be trusted by the SGC except the writers have gone about it the wrong way.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                                X